All reviews hot water watch sunrise aloo paratha the owner no lift nepal hotels hotel is modern included breakfast short walk room was spacious and clean top floor excellent place to stay nice view annapurna circuit stayed for nights main street a wonderful stay
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends have been going to this hotel for few years now and haven't been disappointed. Our stay here has always been pleasant. The staffs are very helpful and sweet people.
I like the rooms we got. Very comfortable
bed. Their breakfast is good too. I love their Indian style breakfast i.e. aloo paratha. Only staying at hotel Tara when we go to Pokhara!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I m giving terrible because of there business sense and unprofessional attitude. I had gone to hotel to book a room for my self on 12th april around 8pm I wanted to book room till 16th april 2018. They asked for Npr.3200/- per night but with a condition that on 13th night they wanted to charge Npr.4200/- and from next day back to Npr.3200/- for remaining days. There logic was that as 13th night was nepali new year night the rates will increase by Npr.1000/- which sounded so unprofessional and bad business. As I had told them that I have stayed at the palce before also they said that its there policy. As I had stayed 3 times before also and liked the room wanted to stay again and was even willing to pay Npr3200/- when I know that we can get lesser price through tripadvisor which is from 2200/- to 2800/-. Well I didn't took the hotel and went to a different hotel and have decided never to go that hotel tara again. So they lost a regular customer and at the same time lost atleast 2000/- just for the 12th night as there room would go vacant as I don't think anyone else would have occupied that room on 12th night. They got greedy to make more money for the next day but lost the business for four night. And for remaining days also they would have made more then there regular price.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Ashish S
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you’re in Pokhara this is a really great Hotel to stay at.

We arrived after a long 12 hour jeep journey from Muktinath having spent a couple of weeks trekking the Annapurna circuit so as you can imagine, we were exhausted. Thankfully this was the perfect place to stay after such a long journey.

The Hotel is modern by Nepalese standards, the rooms were fantastic, very clean, tidy, spacious and with nice views over the City (and of the Annapurnas on a clear day). The shower was always hot and powerful, which isn’t always the case in Nepal and the bed was clean and comfy.

As for the staff, they were brilliant and a real credit to the Hotel, so friendly and helpful, they couldn’t do enough for you.

Breakfast was included and on the whole, was pretty decent.

All in all a great Hotel and highly recommended.

Room tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, ideally deluxe looking out of the front of the Hotel.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank youandmefromAtoZ
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We left our luggages in their hotel before we left for our 4 days trekking eventhough we were only going to stay there on the next 4 days. They were okay about it.
When we checked it, our room was fully booked therefore we were upgraded to the best room..most top floor! Yes..no lift but don't mind that. I love the room. Bathroom was great. Bed was very comfy.

We did our laundry in their hotel for NPR 120 per kilograms. Outside is definitely cheaper but just did not want to go through the hassle for fetching them again.

Location wise..it is strategic. In the middle of the little town and yet quiet. Walking distance to the lake. Less dusty though.

Love this place.It is beautiful with the little fountain and flowers around. Had this quaint feeling.

Room tip: No lifts..so if you don't feel like walking..try get the rooms closer to ground floor.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I am so impressed with this hotel. Honestly it’s way above and beyond normal accomodation in Pokhara. First of all the shower - consistent powerful hot water in the morning. Everyday for 5 days. The room is cleaned every day and it is spotless. Towels are changed every day I should actually stop them it’s not necessary. Water bottle every day. Included breakfast is large fast and excellent. Staff are all wonderfully friendly, fun and helpful. Large balconies. Heat in the room in winter. TV (though I only found Nepalese channels.) Wifi in room - maybe the only down point - a bit finicky. Works but cuts out sometimes, won’t connect sometimes, etc. I’m sure it’s more the internet supplier rather than the hotel but anyway. Overall way exceeded my expectations. Many 4 and 5 star hotels around the world could learn a thing or two from Hotel Tara.

Date of stay: February 2018