See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I attended the "introduction to tibetan buddhism" weekend course at this center.
Lectures were good and meditation sessions were really powerful.

This is not a yoga retreat but it's perfect to;
-learn buddhism,
-meditate,
-Focus on oneself,
-Meet with other people who also has interest in buddhism and meditation.

The center organically belong to Kopan Monastry and if you don't have long time (-10 days or a month- which is necessary for Kopan), you can attend the mini weekend course here.

Rooms were very clean and food were good quality.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank IsilA999
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

One of the highlights of my 2,5 months of travelling! I had no experience with buddhism and meditation and it was the perfect introduction in these topics! We had many good discussions and learned very nice meditation techniques. The food was great and a lot, coffee and tee was available all the time, the group of 17 people was really nice and the staff very welcoming. i enjoyed every minute of this weekend, I would definitely do it again! :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank LeaH1264
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I went to the 3-day weekend course on Buddhism that including an introduction to Buddhism, meditation, yoga, meals and accommodations.
Accommodations were a good value.
Meals were not great- breakfast was delicious but lunch and dinner left a lot to be desired.
The Buddhist introduction lacks concise presentation, and even lacks a bit of expertise on the subject matter. The discussion often went on unrelated tangents and was occasionally difficult to follow. However I enjoyed the meditation session. The yoga was incredibly basic, yet with some what poor instruction lacking cues or clear instruction (I'm a yoga teacher).
Overall I developed an interest in learning a bit more about Buddhism and meditation, but be prepared that this is not the most informational experience.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Ditha311
Reviewed 5 March 2016

I usually don't take the time to write reviews, but I think people need to know what to expect form this weekend buddhist meditation yoga course!

I'll start with the good things: very quality food, qualified and nice staff. Located at 3 minutes from the lake. Spartian but nice accomodation, generaly the place is really nice, you also can find a little library with books about buddhism in many languages!
Drolkar introduced her course with an interesting explanations about religious buddhist paintings and the most popular Buddhas. So we could understand more about all the Tangkas we could see in street shops!

Generally speaking about the course, if you are looking for a philosophical or spiritual experience, I would only have two words: move on!
I knew a little bit about Buddhism before coming and I was interested in the Buddhist philosophy. Let's say that the weekend course I experienced was mainly about the basics of Buddha life and buddhist theorie, with a sharper focus on the karma theory, miracles and the moral conduct of buddhism... and a very few about the buddhism philosophy.

Generally, the buddhism courses are mainly about listening a lot and sitting. Getting real answers to our questions was very rare!

It is such a pity that Drolkar didn't stay with us during the daily group discussion time. She could have been a great help to enrich and lead the debate and help us to focus on the philosophical topics she had given us.
Regarding the meditation, we could experience many different types of meditation. Some of them were interesting, for some others, it was difficult for me to concentrate as she was talking too much. As a beginner, I would have liked to have some more practical advices concerning this activity.

I had no experience with yoga, we had 2 daily courses. This course was very slow, especially for those who already had some experience and very few explainations were given.

As a teacher in my everyday life, I may have had higher expectations that the other students, who were a bit less critical than me, but I can say that I was generally disapointed with the courses, in form as well as in substance.

However, it remains a very nice experience and an actual introduction for people who have no knowledge about buddhism and who just want to know about the general theory. And above all, great encounters with the staff and students!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
7  Thank Françoise W
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

To start with the positive things: very good food, nice surrounding (although it can be noisy), interesting meditations, not expensive for what you get.

During the teaching I found there could have been more interaction. You get a lot of information (to much? difficult for me to stay focused sometimes) about the basic principles of Buddhism. If that's what you're looking for, you're at the right place! If you're looking for interaction and conversations about Buddhism/philosophy, you may wanna go somewhere else...

The yoga lessons were very good for beginners, if you're more experienced you may find it a bit slow.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo