“All we could have asked for and more”
Review of New Pokhara Lodge

New Pokhara Lodge
Ranked #6 of 297 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We really enjoyed the five nights we spent at the hotel lodge. The hotel provides an intimate experience with friendly staff, clean facilities, hot water, amazing views, and nice beds. Our first night, one of us had arrived with a bit of Kathmandu stomach ache. Hum Raj, the manager, walked us to the closest restaurant with nourishing hot soup, providing us umbrellas and lights! What service. In subsequent days, he helped us find a local spice, a great tailor and made excellent recommendations. All of the staff was exceptional. We would gladly return to this peaceful haven.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the third floor suite provides outstanding views and a tub for soaking baths. Much a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Y1964oung

Reviewed 27 February 2014

New Pokhara Lodge is an amazing home away from home with the clean and cozy rooms, and warm staff. Also, not forgetting the picturesque view of the Annapurna range. Location was great, just a short walk to the lake and town. The staff was extremely helpful and willing, advising us on where to go and what to do. Wonderful experience, would definitely recommend. Coming back for sure!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank grace c
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel staff Hum Raj immediately spoke out my name Ping when he picked me up at the station like a friend who knew me a long time which made me feel very close to him at the first sight.
When the car dropped me off at the hotel after passing through a quiet and pretty lane, I was impressed by the beautiful house in front of me. Cosy!
The boss Mr.Mahendla looks a little serious. After carefully checked passports and some required information, he showed us to the room and told us the security instruction and shade power time schedule, from which I can tell he is a very responsible man and boss.
The scenery on the top in the morning is good. 24 hrs hot water,wifi in the room, and convenient location in the new town, everything is perfect.
Hum Raj helped us a lot , booking tickets and even found us a cheaper scooter. Thank you is not enough to express our gratitude. We spent a good time together writing " happy new year" in Chinese. Nepali and English which is a good memory for Chinese New Year !
I can not tell you all the detailed things but honestly speaking the atmosphere, the surroundings, and most importantly the staff here including boss made me feel like you are at home. The home you can be true of yourself, the home you feel safe and reliable and the families you feel like to talk with.
I like the staff here more than hotel itself. If I had a second chance to come back I would not be hesitate for a second to stay here again.
The scenery is beautiful in Pokhara and the memory is unforgettable because of the people I met I talked with here.

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Pingpingxie
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed 3 weeks in the New Pokhara Lodge and had a wonderful stay.
The service is excellent, the staff was always very helpful.
My room (nr5) had a very nice view on the Fishtail and Annapurna's.
It is in a quiet place and only a couple minutes walking from the lake.
I never had problems with hot water. There are only 8 rooms, so no problem with noisy tourists.
Every morning I had a light breakfast in the courtyard
I highly recommend this lodge, specially for long term stays.
Rik

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank pipo_van_pimperzele
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the Hotel New Pokhara Lodge. Humraj was one of the most genuinely nice people we've had the pleasure of coming across in our 4+ months of travel. He helped to arrange our paragliding, day trek, local transport, and bus back to KTM. He even made me tea and checked in on me from time to time when I wasn't feeling well.

We had a room on the top floor, with some pretty amazing views of the mountains. The view on the roof is even better. The place was clean and pretty spacious. There were also some nice places outside to sit out and relax.

I'll definitely be staying there again, on my next trip to Pokhara.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Garrett D
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Small, homely lodge. Very clean and we get a room with a breathtaking view of Annapurna Range.. Beautiful!
The staff are so nice and very warm and caring people. Always more than willing to help and offer assistance.
The lodge is slightly bit off the town' busy centre, we enjoyed the walk to the town center. Takes us 10 minutes slow stroll to the hustle bustle.
We stayed in pokhara for 3 nites, and was rather sad to leave...the beautiful staff and lodge.
Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Miew jin L
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The lodge is extremely clean, beautiful and comfortable! I love the courtyard garden the most where you can just sit and relax to have some tea. Mr Mahendra and Humraj were extremely helpful with me too especially since I'm a lone female traveller, it is nice to meet genuine helpful people. I never felt such warmth from my other guesthouse owner before throughout all my travels in different countries compare to what I have gotten Mr Mahendra and Humraj. Also, do get Mr Mahendra and Humraj to help with any arrangement for your activities. I was also staying in the second floor which make me feel extra safe being alone. The next time I'm back in Pokhara, I know where I will be staying again :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo