“Great Place to Stay”
Review of New Pokhara Lodge

New Pokhara Lodge
Ranked #6 of 306 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I discovered Pokhara lodge through trip advisor and all the previous reviews really do justice to the hotel. I stayed for two weeks and before I arrived Mahendra had organised a taxi to pick my daughter and I up from Kathmandu, they also organised the return journey with some stops on the way, as we arrived quite late in the evening, they managed to find a place for us to eat and were extremely welcoming. As we were close to the monsoon season we did have a room with air con which is a must at this time of year. Although there is no restaurant (this is not a problem as there are so many places to eat nearby) breakfast is served on the grass in the courtyard. Humraj was always ready to help and offer useful advice and an umbrella when required! It is a homely, friendly and a really peaceful place to stay and at the same time very close to the busy centre of Lakeside Pokhara. The rooms are very clean there is free wifi and the garden is tended with pride. I would definitely come again to this hotel and will do when I return to Pokhara. I forgot to mention the exceptional views from my room which was on the second floor!

Room Tip: Upstairs with the aircon and the great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Iain2813

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel places in a good area, just a bit far from restaurant and shop but we thought it's quiet and not crowded, there has big rooms and clean facilities too. Humraj is very helpful manager, he gave us the good advices for trekking, which was our first trekking. We had good experiences there and hope to be there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lekasus
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Humraj picked us from the tourist bus park even though we did not request for the service, the thoughtfulness did not end there, he was ready to offer advice, help anytime you need. Good wifi, very comfortable and clean rooms. Excellent views from the rooftop of the Annapurna range(during clear skies). No restaurant. Central to eating places and 20 minutes walking distance to tourist bus park.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SusTam
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We really enjoyed the five nights we spent at the hotel lodge. The hotel provides an intimate experience with friendly staff, clean facilities, hot water, amazing views, and nice beds. Our first night, one of us had arrived with a bit of Kathmandu stomach ache. Hum Raj, the manager, walked us to the closest restaurant with nourishing hot soup, providing us umbrellas and lights! What service. In subsequent days, he helped us find a local spice, a great tailor and made excellent recommendations. All of the staff was exceptional. We would gladly return to this peaceful haven.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the third floor suite provides outstanding views and a tub for soaking baths. Much a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Y1964oung
Reviewed 27 February 2014

New Pokhara Lodge is an amazing home away from home with the clean and cozy rooms, and warm staff. Also, not forgetting the picturesque view of the Annapurna range. Location was great, just a short walk to the lake and town. The staff was extremely helpful and willing, advising us on where to go and what to do. Wonderful experience, would definitely recommend. Coming back for sure!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank grace c
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel staff Hum Raj immediately spoke out my name Ping when he picked me up at the station like a friend who knew me a long time which made me feel very close to him at the first sight.
When the car dropped me off at the hotel after passing through a quiet and pretty lane, I was impressed by the beautiful house in front of me. Cosy!
The boss Mr.Mahendla looks a little serious. After carefully checked passports and some required information, he showed us to the room and told us the security instruction and shade power time schedule, from which I can tell he is a very responsible man and boss.
The scenery on the top in the morning is good. 24 hrs hot water,wifi in the room, and convenient location in the new town, everything is perfect.
Hum Raj helped us a lot , booking tickets and even found us a cheaper scooter. Thank you is not enough to express our gratitude. We spent a good time together writing " happy new year" in Chinese. Nepali and English which is a good memory for Chinese New Year !
I can not tell you all the detailed things but honestly speaking the atmosphere, the surroundings, and most importantly the staff here including boss made me feel like you are at home. The home you can be true of yourself, the home you feel safe and reliable and the families you feel like to talk with.
I like the staff here more than hotel itself. If I had a second chance to come back I would not be hesitate for a second to stay here again.
The scenery is beautiful in Pokhara and the memory is unforgettable because of the people I met I talked with here.

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Pingpingxie
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed 3 weeks in the New Pokhara Lodge and had a wonderful stay.
The service is excellent, the staff was always very helpful.
My room (nr5) had a very nice view on the Fishtail and Annapurna's.
It is in a quiet place and only a couple minutes walking from the lake.
I never had problems with hot water. There are only 8 rooms, so no problem with noisy tourists.
Every morning I had a light breakfast in the courtyard
I highly recommend this lodge, specially for long term stays.
Rik