“Best Pizza in Pokhara”

Ranked #44 of 331 Restaurants in Pokhara
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese, Italian, Nepalese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Neptalia Restaurant is located at Hallanchowk, Lakeside. It offers Italian, Chinese and Continental cuisines. It is one of the best restaurants in Pokhara, serving pizza from a wood-fired oven, as well as pastas , salads, desserts, breakfasts and much more, all at very reasonable prices. We also offer a children's menu and daily specials, with a seasonally changing selection. Our head chef worked for years at don Emilio, one of the best Italian restaurants in London and specializes in Italian and English cuisine. He knows how to please the western palate. Neptalia Restaurant is a 2-minute walk from Hallanchowk. Experience healthy indulgences cooked right before your eyes. Don't miss this unique dining experience while you are in Pokhara!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm a pizza lover, pretty passionate about it actually. I had heard about Pokhara having a lot of pizza places so while trekking before arriving in Pokhara, I had been really excited to have some good pizza soon. I read reviews online and asked some people where to get good pizza. I tried Godfathers first after being recommended and thought the pizza was ok, tried Cafe Concerto after reading reviews online and was not overly impressed there either especially for the price. (I paid double for an inferior pizza) I went to Neptalia just on a whim as I was just walking by and was more than impressed. Their crust and toppings were superior in flavor to both other pizzas I had tried and their prices are lower. It's not often that you find really quality pizza while backpacking in Asia, so I was really happy with my first experience. After being disappointed with another place I went for breakfast, I decided to try Neptalia again and was more than pleased with their simple breakfast. This place has really quality food for a really good value. The service was good, the people were friendly and of course the most important the food is great. I'll definitely be going back.

Neptalia R, Manager at Neptalia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Customer,
Your review fully appreciated our effort to be a best pizzeria in Pokhara,Nepal.
Neptalia family is very grateful towards you.We look for your forward service and gratitude.Thank you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Italy arrives in Pokhara. This is a fairly new Pizza place in Pokhara and of the three I know of in Lakeside (as of January 2014) I would have to say it's the best. Even our Italian friend said it was very good.

I have been to Pokhara twice in 12 months and the first time I went in June of 2013, there wasn't even the option of getting good mozzarella cheese anywhere I went. Times are changing!

Enter Neptalia. Just the memory of their wood fired pizza makes my mouth water. I love Dal Bhat as much as anyone but let's face it...when you spend 2 months or more in one place you start to miss foods like pizza and other comfort foods. If you reach that point, go to Neptalia and you will feel satisfied.

The owner trained in London with real Italians and he and his staff have mastered the wood fired pizza.

Staff is also great, so friendly and welcoming. Even if I wasn't stopping in to eat, they always offered me a nice smile and friendly hello as I passed by.

In the winter they have a fire pit which is so wonderful and cozy. One night we brought in marshmallows, chocolate and biscuits and made s'mores for dessert. I think they should add it to the dessert menu in winter. :)

I miss you all Neptalia. Hope to see you one day soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've been in Pokhara for several weeks now and had eaten pizzas from four other restaurants - I had just about given up on finding a good pizza until I found Neptalia. With so many restaurants in Pokhara, Neptalia's is one of the few places I've chosen to go back to several times. Their pizza is the best in Pokhara. It is much better than Godfather's (located across the street). In addition to the pizza, their smoothies are affordable and delicious and they offer free filtered water with your food, most other restaurants in the area don't. Go there and order "The Don", you won't be disappointed.
Lastly, the location on Trip Advisor's interactive map is wrong: head north on Baidam Rd from the intersection of Baidam and Mansawar. It's a five minute walk and you'll find it on the leftside (lakeside) of the street.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I hate writing bad reviews and I will always try and find a postive when I do. So...here goes...

It all started very well but very quickly went downhill.

We ordered our pizza, tucked in and I was on my third slice, thinking, 'I'll definitely be coming here again', when crunch!! I thought 'oh expletive, I've got a olive stone. That's not great but hey, I'm in Nepal ordering pizza, let's not be too fussy!' I plopped the "olive stone" onto the plate and it went CLANK! This was no olive stone, this was a chunk of metal and by the looks of it, it was off someone's zipper and it was covered in cheese!

I made the staff aware and they gave me little in the way of an apology, which was a shame. They offered me a whole new pizza, which was good. However, after what had just happened (leaving me with a chipped tooth!) we preferred just not to pay and this seemed to be ok with them so we got up and left.

So, overall a good experience completely tainted by lack of attention to detail. Shame....

1  Thank Holly J
Neptalia R, Manager at Neptalia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

i'll definitely come back again .......thank you so much for this sentence.
it was really a bad experience to have terrible moment with your food, we are so much in loss of words to give you a heartfull apology .But dear customer.after a long investigation we came to know that it was a stitch metal of beer box which is used to lit a QUICK FIRE in the oven when oven have very less heat (as you know we have firewood oven), nothing other so after that day we are so much aware of these things and we will not repeat the same thing again for sure .we hope to see you again where every thing will be special as u are .....HAPPY THANKS GIVING.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The pizza is made in the wood-oven and comes very fast. The taste is excellent, I haven't really had better pizzas in Europe! (Italy, Austria...), and also the Pasta is homemade and of perfect constestance and taste. The local, fresh vegetable gives it the dot on the i!

The staff works in exact clean and proper manners and let the customer feel to be warmly welcome.

Best Pizzaria in Pokhara-Town! Try it and enjoy!

Andi and Jakob (Austria)