River Bank Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Seven Star(Chitwan National Park)
US$50
Landmark Forest Park(Chitwan National Park)
US$77
Safari Narayani Hotel(Chitwan National Park)
US$437
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Eden Jungle Resort(Sauraha)(Great Value!)
US$10
US$9
Orbitz.com
US$50
US$40
Priceline
Hotel Orchid(Chitwan National Park)
Jungle Resort Chitwan(Chitwan National Park)
Jungle World Resort(Chitwan National Park)
Temple Tiger Green Jungle Resort(Chitwan National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We read other reviews of this place and thought it would do the job (clean, simple, cheap, nothing more). While the room was adequate, what irked us most was their persistent attempts to swindle us. Our room was $10 a night but we booked over $100 of activities trough them, several we learned were a rip off (for example, we wanted an afternoon jungle trek, and they were going to charge us $13/person for 3 hours... then we read in our guidebook it should cost not even that much for a full day, so we haggle them down to $10/person for 4 hours).

When we were leaving (catching the morning bus to Kathmandu) they refused to give us a lift to the bus station even after spending $100 in a day, although they'd be willing to do it for pretty penny. In the end we had to walk/run the mile to the bus stop with our bags in the rain; uncool.

So while some of the staff is really nice, overall I'd recommend to browse your options on arrival. There are more hotel rooms in Sauraha than they can possibly fill, and all of the surrounding hotels looked much nicer.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank bgannie
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Location is OK, near the river bank but with no view. RoomS are simple, some with AC for extra payment.My bed had ants on it. The Staff is nice. Food is basic. Last line if you can try another hotel in town.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I traveled in southen Nepal in Aug, 2012. I stayed 2 nights with my friend in no.203 of main house. The room was clean but high humidity. There was a big ceiling fan, but it's not good for decreasing temperature, even with annoying sound.
Crews were kind and gentle. Food was not bad. the cite is safe and calm, so good for rest.
For elephant watching or Safari trip, tell crew to order package service.
The price is reasonable.
I still have good memory on River Bank Inn.
I just recommend here to a traveler who can endure a little uncomfortable.

Room Tip: The room of Villa building is much better than same of main building in vetilation and lighting.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were so much looking forward to our stay at River Bank Inn during our North India / Nepal Tour. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with our 3 night stay there. The main reason for this was the lack of electricity. Even though the hotel had its own back up generator they were very reluctant to put it on even when there was no electricity coming from the main grid. Therefore the 1st two nights were very uncomfortable as the temperature even at midnight was 35c and with no fan, a/c or lights the rooms were like ovens. Room 108 where we were staying had a very poor air conditioning unit and was virtually useless. When you wake up at 00:30 and there is no fans no lights no generator or anything I went down to the reception area and there was no members of staff about. The situation did improve slightly on the 3rd night after the manager assured us that the problem would be resolved. We did have light and fan for some of the time and a useless a/c. The bathroom had fittings missing and black mould on the bedroom wall from the adjoining bathroom. Overall very disappointed

Room Tip: Avoid the deluxe room 108 as very poor a/c unit
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PetervCoventry
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Was very enjoying my stay at the river bank inn staff are friendly, they even inviting me for night fishing Tharu style. The room are cozy and clean and just on the spot where the elephant bathing are happening, right on the river bank where I get to swim with local children's. restaurant, and bar hut are close to this property and you can enjoying the amazing sunset from the balcony. The jungle walk guide was very experience and taking me to the track where not much crowd, and I get to face to face with the Rhino and tiger on that day. Food are nice and clean, feel like family when I was staying there. Will staying up there again and recommended.

Room Tip: Choose highest floor so you can view the sunset and national park, plus get fresh breeze.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo