Chitwan Forest Resort
Hotel Seven Star(Chitwan National Park)
US$50
Landmark Forest Park(Chitwan National Park)
US$77
Hotel Orchid(Chitwan National Park)
Jungle Resort Chitwan(Chitwan National Park)
Jungle World Resort(Chitwan National Park)
Safari Narayani Hotel(Chitwan National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Temple Tiger Green Jungle Resort(Chitwan National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot waterelephant ridepackage dealtwo nightswild boarthe rivernettingdroppingsmosquitoessinkkathmanduguideactivitiesanimalsrhinoscheduleroads
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The manager was good and welcoming. He actually gave us 3 rooms to choose from, maybe they had low occupancy at the time. The room we chose was in the house. I think locals live there or maybe staff cause people come and go. Don't expect a sleep in. We woke to a man gagging/vomiting (I'm not sure ) his lungs out each morning at 6am. People are loud morning and night. My fiance and I were ill with diarrhoea and the flu and there was no toilet paper in our room on arrival, only one towel and that night our electricity went out so not hot shower for my fiance at all. I was lucky and had two hot showers and one cold in the dark as bathroom light won't work either. There are phone charging areas in restaurant area so that is good. Bed:rock hard. Felt like there was no matress at all. Several times we had to ask for toilet paper as they didn't service our rooms. At night the staff are not super approachable they all hang around the restaurant and play games. You don't want to be asking for toilet paper in front of hotel guests eating dinner. First night dinner took 50 mins to arrive (I think they cook it somewhere else and bring it back on a bike) after 1 hour of ordering and having finished our meal they said the cheese rosti was still being cooked. I told them to cancel it as we thought they forgot about it. Second night dinner took 45 mins (these are basic meals we are ordering) and gave my meal without chicken (I asked for chicken). Restaurants outside hotel look few and far between and look like where locals eat. Wifi worked but bit slow. I would stay somewhere else next time. We did enjoy the jeep safari though which was booked through our hotel. We saw a rhino on half day safari so we were happy. When we left they said they would drop us off to the green line bus but last minute says: you go on this. Just 50rupees. It was a horse and cart. We only had 1000 rupees so the horse and cart man couldn't give us change. Put us into an awkward position. Had to buy something we didn't need from a shop just to get change. I think it was quite cheeky on the managers part.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at Chitwan Forest Resort for 3 nights after being met by one of their guys when we got off our bus from Kathmandu. Our plan had been to check a few places first but when we got there the price of 600NR a night was pretty reasonable and we got a nice fanned double room with an en-suite bathroom.
The place has a good set up and the staff are really nice although they can be a little pushy when trying to sell their 3 day tour package or the elephant ride. We still ended up booking our elephant ride through them even though we had found it a little cheaper elsewhere. To be honest I would recommend just walking down to the elephant place yourself where you can pick your elephant and pay the basic rate without any extra costs. It is around a 2km walk from the resort but make sure to turn right before going through the gate that takes you down to the elephant breeding centre. Its not signposted but its not far from here and you will probably see elephants walking along the road anyway.
The main thing we have to complain about though is the cost of the food at the resort. To start off with it isn’t particularly cheap but then we noticed they had a 10% service charge and then something like 13% VAT still to be added which made every meal a lot more expensive than it first appeared and its not great food anyway, there are decent places to eat for cheaper on the main street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fobl11
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This accommodation was just about the average that one can get. food was fine and staff quite helpful, but accommodation itself was not very good. Dusty, small room with not enough light even at daytime.

Room Tip: go for air conditioned one, we only had a fan but it was not enough for it wad scorching!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stay at this place is awesome and i enjoyed this place very much.
the best thing of this place is "staff". the staff is very friendly and helpful....

I will definately like to stay here on my next visit..:D

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dhananjay K
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I arrived to Chitwan after a long trip and was extremely happy with my choice of resort. The staff and Deepak are very welcoming, always with a smile. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. The staff work very hard to ensure you have a happy stay. The package was very good, i had alot of fun, My arrival was late due to problems on the road from Kathmandu, meaning i lost an entire day of activities yet Deepak ensured i missed nothing and went out of his way to schedule them all in and around spare moments. He planned my rafting excursion and onto my next destination at a far less cost than to arrange alone. The hot shower was great, and i never had any issues with the electricity as i was able to charge my phone safely at the main area. The guides were fun, informative and adventurous (got to see a rhino very close) Favourite parts of the package...all of it! but ok especially the elephant safari and bathing! Would stay here again for sure. The resort is currently expanding, will be exciting to see what comes!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo