“Must do in Taipei - dumpling class”

Jodie's Kitchen Cooking Class
Seattle
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Must do in Taipei - dumpling class”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Jodie's dumpling class was so much fun! I was surprised to learn how easy it is to make homemade dumplings. Jodie taught us several different ways to use the dough and make very different dishes (including a sweet dessert dumpling).

Jodie was very knowledgeable and showed us how easy it can be to make authentic Taiwanese food. I appreciated the small class size of three students. I can't wait to try my new recipes at home. I highly recommend her dumpling class!

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Japan
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our family went to Jodie's Kitchen Cooking Class and it was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed her home, neighborhood, watching Jodie mix stuff... Jodie was very engaged to show us ways of bringing Taiwan into our kitchen. One of our favorite surprises was the vegan sweet and sour soup given its base flavors from pineapple and tomato. My only feedback is that there was too much food and a bit too long. If the class ended with the awesome sesame dip, it would have been perfect. When we after learned the Taiwanese chili sauce over the pineapple, it was 3+ hours and our stomachs were too full. A longer day than expected, but having said that, I now know how to make Taiwanese chili sauce. I'm looking forward to going back for the dumpling class and hike,

Visited August 2013
1 Thank arabellakline
Fukuoka
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Glad I did it.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My friend and I took two days of classes. It was a great introduction to Taiwanese food and speaking with Jodie was very useful and enjoyable. I took this class with the intention to add some Taiwanese dishes to my usual cooking. Great food, very simple and I have made various things successfully many times since taking the class.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank davidockey
Portland, Oregon
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great host; a bit expensive”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Overall a great experience in the hills surrounding Taipei. The food was good and Jodi is very friendly and engaging. Takes about 4 hrs to go through the class and while the food prep is very simple it is time consuming.

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jodie's Kitchen cooking class was so much fun!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Read on Trip Advisor, reviews were excellent for Jodie's Kitchen cooking class so I thought it would be fun to sign up to learn to make dumplings while in Taipei. So me and another colleagues signed up. Not knowing what to expect to our surprise it was such a fun thing to do and learn to make dumplings from scratch. Jodie was so nice and what a delightful personality she had, she was terrific. We learned to make three items and then we got to enjoy cooking them and eating them. It was so delicious. Her home is quite lovely too. It was worth very cent. Sign up, you won't regret it. It's an art form to make dumplings.

Visited May 2013