“Excellent service! Warm and thoughful staff!”

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I
Ranked #28 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service! Warm and thoughful staff!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Cityinn is nicely located near Taipei main station. Stayed over from 3-8 May 2014. Beside the hotel you can find the family mart convenience store. The room is cosy and clean. Although it is small but it provides everything that you need. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.They would greet you with all smiles without fail every time they saw you. As it was raining throughout our stay there, they had all the umbrellas ready in the lobby. One night when we mentioned about some places in which we are intending to visit the following day, we found letters that are slotted beneath our door in the morning. To our surprise & delight, the letter contained of train guide and timings that we need to look out for. It was so thoughtful of them :)

Additionally on the last night of our stay, they even provided thank you cards, snacks (egg pudding), and luggage tags as free gifts in appreciation of filling up the feedback forms for them. We are definitely going to choose this hotel the next time we visit Taipei! Thumbs up to their service and keep up the good work. This is our first visit to Taiwan and this hotel leaves a good impression of this country and we will definitely come back again. To all the staff, thank you for making our stay enjoyable :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Evekerk
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear valued guest :

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 1 Hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to write such a valuable review on Tripadvisor.
We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback which must be shared with our staff and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.
Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Yours sincerely,

戚本慶 Seven Chi
Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd time choose to stay in CityInn Taipei branch 1. The reason I come back here again is because of the perfect location of the hotel. It's just 5mins walk to 台北地下街。then to Taipei railway station, bus interchange and station, HSR & subways.
The hotel is clean, tidy modern. helpful frontline staffs , smiley faces when they are greeting us.
Besides the perfect location of the hotel, the service provided by the hotel staffs are fantastic and beyond expectation. The visit this round has really gave me and my parents , especially my dad an unforgettable moments .. It happened my dad 60s birthday and the staff named Vodka , tried his best to find the Taipei 猪脚面线to replace with the Malaysia tradition 鸡蛋面线 for my dad as symbolized the longevity and prosperity. His beyond service and action has really touched and warmth everyone of our heart. The staffs here really taking their effort to prepare a birthday with heartfelt wishes for my dad. I want to take this opportunity to thank the staffs and cityinn for the beyond services that provided. We really feel the warm welcome from you guys. We definitely come back here again when next come to Taipei. 会再回来台湾的家,cityInn.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IreneShan
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Cityinn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I again and taking your precious time to share a review with us.
We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback which must be shared with our staff – Vodka , and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Sincerely yours,

Seven Chi
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

i have been to taipei several times n city inn I is the best.
the workers are very friendly n proactive n helpful!!Feel free to ask for help if you facing any problem.
the location also very strategic ,it is just opposite the main bus/train station.(taipei station)
when you take bus (guo guang ke yun) from airport to taipei station ,the hotel is just 2 minutes walk from station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
蜜蜜兒, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Juinw,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our service during your staying. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated and have been shared with our associates. Through such input, we hope to provide even greater comfort and enjoyment to our guests. The Entire team of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I appreciates your support and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Location is great, just a 5 minutes or so walk to Taipei main station, and if you walk out of the hotel and turn left, you find a FamilyMart!

Room is very clean, space is considered pretty small but they make use of the space very efficiently. You get a TV at the foot of the bed (lots of VOD movies), a corner bathroom, enough space to put 2 medium sized suitcases at the foot of the bed, a little cupboard and table.

Above all, the service level of the staff was incredible. They made lots of great suggestions on where to go, what to do, and reminded us to bring umbrellas due to the weather forecast. When the temperature was dipping, they even passed us some heat packs to warm ourselves! The staff also took a picture with me and my expecting wife, and wrote us a card with some cute egg custards thingy (see pics), which I thought was a very nice gesture.

Will definitely choose to stay there when we return to Taipei!

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which might be why it was pretty quiet though the hotel rooms seem so close to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Koribane
Dear Koribane,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your Cityinn experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.

Thank you once again and we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Value for money. The location is good too. The staff is quite friendly and they are thoughtful.Is quite easy to find a place to eat. The room is comfortable and cozy. I feel good in the hotel. I will recommend to my friends about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest :

Warmest greetings from Cityinn Hotel Taipei Station Branch 1 and thank you for your kind patronage.
It is always our pleasure to know that our valuable guests like you enjoy so much during their stay. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your Cityinn experience , as well as our helpful team members who made your stay comfortable.
Thank you for this uplifting review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Seven Chi
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Most value for money hotel I have ever stayed in! They have 4 branches in Taipei so was a little apprehensive at first as being the first branch, I was worried that their rooms might be abit run down but I was so wrong. Not only was the location convenient (less than 5 min walk to Taipei main Station/ interchange station), room was clean and modern with interesting designs and the service rendered by every single staff was excellent!

4 of us stayed here for 5 nights and we were made so welcomed by the hotel staff. They greeted us with sincere smiles and had been really helpful with our requests and take the time to give us clear direction and recommendations for places of interest. Another impressive thing about this boutique hotel is the little stuff they provide for their guests (full set of toiletries even including dental floss picks and well equipped pantry and launderette) to make our stay comfortable.

We were very impressed by the staff and extremely satisfied with hotel. All thanks to our driver cum guide, Xiao Jie (2) for recommending us this wonderful accommodation. This trip had been so enjoyable with him as our driver/guide who has now become our good friend after 7 days trip together. Hence, I do want to also highly recommend him (HP No. +886 983-248-613) to anyone who is looking for a driver/guide for your F&E itinerary. Love Taiwan, will definitely return and stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chloe A
蜜蜜兒, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Chloe,

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed our design room and excellent service.Our Cityinn essentials are designed to make you feel “home away from home”.

We will share your recognition with the whole team, and for sure this will motivate us to continuously provide the superb service to all our valuable guests. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is the best thing about this hotel. It's quite close to the Taipei Main Station and there're many shops ex. Starbucks, 1973 Famous fried Chicken, Family Mart, McDonald, and Department Store (ShinKong Mitsukoshi). I also stayed at Branch II & III but i prefer Branch I.
However, there's a minor thing i wish they could improve. My room smell like cigarettes even there's a sign of non-smoking room so pls. make sure you get a real 'non-smoking' room !
Anyway, i will definitely stay here again !

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a 'non-smoking' room !
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ladymook
蜜蜜兒, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Ladymook,

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment! We are glad to hear that you like our convenient location. We are truly sorry about the room with bad smell and we will try our best to improve our house-keeping arrangement . Thank you again for rating us,and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again to bring you another great Cityinn stay.

Warm Regards,