“Budget friendly with great location”

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I
Ranked #29 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Budget friendly with great location”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great, great service even though it is a extremely budget friendly hotel.

We booked a twin room as we were travelling as a family of 4 (including an infant and a preschooler). The hotel actually bothered to call in advance to ask we if we have an room request which they could prepare!!! This is certainly going the extra mile for customer service. When we checked into the room, we were pleased to find that the beds had been joined as requested. :)

The room size and bathroom is nothing to shout about but they had really good shared amenities like a pantry with ready supply of hot, cold water, all the tea you would want, a shared refrigerator, microwave and even self service laundry facilities. This is fantastic for a mom who needs hot water for all sorts of reasons (you will know if you are a parent), washing of the bottles in the pantry's kitchen sink (so good compared to washing them in your bathroom sink). It's just nice to know all this facilities is available, even if I dun get to use all of them.

The front desk staff were always all smiles and ready to give us suggestions on eating places and offering clear directions to the places we want to visit.

The location is superb too. It is less than a 5 minutes walk to the nearest shopping mall (with a supermarket at its basement) and the Taipei Main Station. If we can manage 2 huge luggage plus an infant and a 5yo from the hotel to the train station with no drama, I think it's a breezy walk for anyone else. It is also a short walk away for those who want to visit Ximending and the local night market.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank tot_along
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest :

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 1 Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to write such a valuable review on Tripadvisor.
It is always our pleasure to know that our valuable guests like you enjoy so much during their stay. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your Cityinn experience , as well as our helpful team members who made your stay comfortable.
We thank you again and we do look forward to welcome you back to the City Inn Hotel Taipei Main Station I during your next trip.

Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night in July and was very pleased with it. It was wicked hot in Taipei that day and the room was spotlessly clean and the AC was working perfectly. The room is small and nicely furnished with a very comfortable bed. As noted, the hotel is about 5 minutes from the main rail station and the front desk was very friendly and helpful. There is also a nice selection of food stalls/street food in the immediate vicinity. Would definitely return if I had occasion to be in Taipei again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 7thnovember
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Cityinn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Cozy....with energetic and helpful frontline staffs who really could deliver good services to the guests...Location Location Location that is very close the Railyway Station, Bookshops Streets & Airport Coach Station.. all stuffs make your journey remarkable & smooth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TAIPEIGOODCHOICE
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review after your stay at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our location and service.
We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.
Thank you again for this comment. We all look forward to your stay on your next trip to Taipei.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here 3 nights as to attend a conference. I think I have made a good and right decision to choose this hotel.

The hotel is located near by (2 to 3 minutes walking distance) to Taipei Main Station which makes us easily to access other places. Buses (Kuo Kuang 1819) to Taoyuan International Airport is just opposite the main road (Zhong Xiao West Road, Z3 Exit) of the hotel. I think travelers must be happy with this.

Check in and check out processes were super fast. What you need to do is just to sign (for check in) and to return your room key (for check out). Both were done in less than 2 minutes.

Staff here are friendly and always greet their customers whenever they are going out and returning to the hotel. Housekeeping is good. Room will be in good and clean condition when you returned from your daily outing.

TV channel is with a great wide selection (more than 70 channels available) to cater different needs and wants.

Honestly, their facilities are not that excellent but all are at acceptable level. Their services are unbeatable.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sai Keong C
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest :

Warmest greetings from Cityinn Hotel Taipei Station Branch 1 and thank you for your kind patronage.

Singapore
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Location is very ideal, close to Taipei main station (MRT, High speed rail and railway rolled into one gigantic station along with shops including Eslite the bookstore), the bus terminal (for buses to and from taoyuan airport) and shin kong mitsukoshi (huge departmental store).
It's a slight walk still from both the mrt and the rail (seeing that the station itself is so big) so if you have a huge amount of luggage it might be tough but it's worth it!!

Service staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They would recommend you places with fervour, and also help you check on any small thing you may not know or understand. They speak largely in Chinese but can type in English as well.

Rooms are no fuss, clean with a small lengthwise shelf that acts as a table. Washroom is well stocked with towels, soap, toiletries (even sanitary pads for ladies and cotton pads for makeup)

There's no breakfast but a pantry with milk tea, lemon tea, water and a coffee machine. There's a fridge and a laundry room for use as well.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay, I would definitely return

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sugarhighh
蜜蜜兒, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Sugarhighh,

Warmest Greeting from Cityinn Hotel Taipei Station Branch 1

We would like to thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Taipei and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel.

Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again to Cityinn Hotel Taipei Station Branch 1

Best Regards,

Michelle Lu
Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stay here for three night. The receiption is great. All staff are very helpfull. Especially Lilian and her group. You ask they help. This hotel is very demanding. Book early if you can. Good location and just opposite taipei train n bus station. You can find alot of food outlets just around here. I like the vegetarian food oulet just opposite them. Ximenting night market is just two street away by walking. Go in the evening to catch the crowd. You just need to take kok kwang bus1819 from airport NT125 per person to reach here. Back to airport also the same. You just need to buy the ticket on that day and you can take any bus at anytime. Every 15 minute there is a bus leave to airport. It take an hour to reach.
As for the train, Taipei has three types of train. The Taiwan Rail (TRA) is round the island train. Underground and slow on speed. The high speed rail(HSR) is a southward bound high speed train. It just take about 90 minute to reach koa-shung at Tainan. As for the Metro Rapit train(MRT) is a train service within Taipei city only. So for those who first time go to Taiwan please make sure you take the right one. All this train service are operate at the Taipei main station. The TRA n HSR you can find it at the main hall. As for the MRT you need to go to basement two. It quite confuse there if you dont get it right. Ask if you dont know. Most people there are very helpful.
Another place is the Shilin night market. I should say it is the best place to go if you are in Taipei. Alots of thing to eat n see n buy. Just take the MRT at taipei station and drop at Jiantan station. Five station away only n walk across the street. Go in the evening.

Room Tip: Take a high floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank AloSingapore
Sekihonkei, supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear valued guest :

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 1 Hotel.
We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback which must be shared with our staff and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.
We also thank you for your detailed information, we think it must be helpful for our other guests.

We sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon!

Yours sincerely,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for 6 days and we were extremely impressed with the customer service provided. The staff took effort to find out if we had any plans for the day and they gave us many useful recommendations. We were also pleasantly surprised by their kind gesture to buy a whole cake for my boyfriend on his birthday (they photocopied our passports).

Our room was a tad small but it was very clean.

The hotel is conveniently situated near Taipei Main Station and there are shopping malls and eateries around the area; there is also 2 award winning beef noodle houses very near to the hotel (check with the staff at the reception for their recommendation!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanjassk
蜜蜜兒, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Miss Tan,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your precious time to share a great review with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and birthday surprise. Your generous compliments are highly appreciated and have been shared with our team.

The Entire team of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I appreciates your support and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

P.S. You and your boyfriend are so match and lovely!!

Warm Regards,