“Good location and value for money!”

Guest House Taiwanmex
Guest House Taiwanmex
Ranked #364 of 584 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you arrive at Taipei main station you can easily reach this place by walking distance via subway, exit thru R4 at Zhongshan undergound metro mall, you will see this place at a small lane not far away.

Why I choose this hostel? The main reason is the location and its really cheap, only about NT350 for a dorm bed. Room are small and it have only one double decker bed, but its fine for me.

Toilet is very clean and they have hot water, free washing machine to use, high speed wifi, tv and refrigerator at communal area, you can refill drinking water for free too!

Their staff are very friendly and let me to keep my luggage in the hostel after check out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Joeeu

Reviewed 7 May 2014

A very cheap place to stay in a central location within walking distance of Taipei main station. If you don't mind very small rooms, this place is actually pretty great. Has a free washer with laundry powder and place to hang your clothes dry, computer and wifi, water including hot water, tiny kitchen with fridge, hair dryer, lockers (bring your own lock), TV in common room, etc. The bed was pretty comfortable, too. Could be a cleaner, and the service could be more friendly but overall, I had a great stay. Thank you TaiwanMex!

Room Tip: I thought the dorm bed was value for money。
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kokomo1983
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked a bad of a two people female dome. The room was really small, without window. Place was not big enough for two people's luggage. It would be a budget choice if u share the room with your friend, but it's horrible to share with a stranger. In all, the place was small but clean. You can find many restaurants and shops around.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Suki Y
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Taiwanmex is conveniently located in the heart of Taipei which is a good place to base oneself in going around the city. The owners, Magos and Raul are accommodating and they see to it that their guests have a wonderful stay. Raul even went as far as fetching us in the Taipei Bus station in the middle of the night at freezing weather and also sending us off to the airport. The discount he gave us was also a pleasant surprise.

We stayed in the Family Room which is big enough for us 3 women. There was ample space to put our luggage and the also the shopping bags that we brought back to Taiwanmex daily without feeling us cramped. The water pressure in our private ensuite was strong enough and the water heater worked just fine.

I will definitely go back if there would be another chance to travel again in Taipei.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank anthro_pologo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in Taiwanmex in 2010 with my family in its 6-bed mini house. We were very happy with its location, wifi, computer, TV and shower room, all ensuite in the 6 bed mini house. Just this month (Jan 2014), I went to Taipei with some friends and decided to use the 6 bed mini house facility in Taiwanmex again. We never got disappointed. Raul and Magos (owner and wife) are super friendly and helpful. The day trips we made to Jiufen, Shifen, Keelung and Yehliu were super smooth and pleasant cos Taiwanmex is very near to Taipei Main Station and Taipei Bus Station. The room is very quiet and good for sleeping when you have a long day the day before. We will definitely recommend our friends to stay at Taiwanmex 6-bed mini house.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank YauWL
Reviewed 28 August 2013

For the price this lace is perfect for backpackers. For people looking for cheap hotels but are a little icky about shared bathrooms and sharing rooms with strangers, this is not the place for you.

When you get there there's a big sign at the gate. Then you get in and walk through like a small alley. You open their old red door and go up the stairs to get to the guesthouse. The guy who enteretained us did not have any shirt on and used the center table at the living room to transactwith us.

The place is like an old dormitory. Bunk beds, 2 bathrooms to share. Small sink outside to wash stuff and get your water but its right beside the trash bins. When I was taking a shower I saw a small cockroach :/

Plus factors, using the washing machine and detergent is free. You can use the computer and free wifi too.

I often travel and look for cheap hotels but still clean. This did not make my list of accomodations to recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are dorm type so there's not much of a chance to choose a room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank neysa222
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The location was really easy to find. I stayed there for 2 nights in a 2 capsule beds room. The room was small but it is still ok for me. But the bed seriously needs to be cleaned because there are dust mites which made me uncomfortable. I recommend that girls avoid staying there alone. Overall is good and don't expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2013