“Long Stay Hotel Taipei”

Longstay Hotel
Ranked #113 of 243 Taipei B&B and Inns
“Long Stay Hotel Taipei”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed at the long stay room 1807 from 26 to 30 Sept.
Over all, I would return to the Hotel. The general surrounding of the Hotel is acceptable.
Other then the fact that there is no security for each floor, I still don't feel too bad.
There are cameras at key key of the Hotel.

The lack of breakfast is not a downside of this hotel.
The surrounding have tons of small food stall, thus, there is no lack of thing to ea

7-8 mins walk to Ximen MRT is not that bad too.

The room we had is limited in storage space, but still enough to put all my purchases.

The FREE Wifi is a plus point for the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunbeamrn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The rooms are pretty small yet functional. Theres no view to speak off. Great customer service and it's quite fully booked. For ladies, they have a special ly designed hello Kitty room. really cute. But need advanced booking...

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bearyleo
singapore
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Good Service & helpful staff.

Good Location = 12 mins to Ximending.
Small Room but clean & comfy bed with flat screen TV.

Opposite hotel entrance, allows you to board airport shuttle bus.
Free Wifi in hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank fluzilla
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Although the room is not spacious but the we got a HUGE bed and the TV is pretty wide too!

The staff are extremely friendly and ready to serve people with a smile. Before making my reservation, I actually contacted the hotel via email regarding some of my enquiries. I was expected the reply to come a few days later but the staff replied that very day! *two thumbs up. Throughout my entire stay, I felt safe (even though the entrance to the hotel building is a little dodgy)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank stchia
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed at the Longstay hotel in Jun 2010 for 4day 3 nights. I booked a VOUGE DELUXE ROOM (TWO MIDDLE BED) room and it turned out to be a little different from what I see from their website. It was quite a small room and the middle beds were not twin beds.
The reception lady requested for us to leave our keys with them so that they can separate the beds when we come back. But this was not done.

One night when we got back to the hotel at 7pm, we found out that they have not made up our room. Reception told us that this will be done later, and by the time we returned at 12 midnight, this was not done still. Service is absolutely crap here. Unless you can live with a messy room for your stay, I would not recommend this hotel to you.

This good point abt this hotel are their comfortable beds and the spacious bathrooms. Else, this is not recommeded.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bianzi
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Location wasn't great- around 10min walk from the Ximen MRT station. I only booked this hotel because there are not many hotels in Taipei with twin bed rooms. Most were fully booked by the time I made my reservations.
Rooms were very small, there were hardly any walking space after laying out our luggages. The twin beds were laid right next to each other, with hardly any space in between. The rooms are generally clean and the beds are quite comfortable. Toilets are clean and modern.
However, the deal breaker was the below-standards service. We were appalled to realise that our rooms were not tidied after we came back to the room at around 3pm. The staff explained that they were tied up for that day but the same thing happened the next day. My friend had a worse experience- her room was still not tidied at 11+pm, even though she reminded the staff at 7pm before going out.
When I recheck-in 2 days later at ard 2pm after returning from Taichung, the staff told me that they are still tidying up my room as the check-in time was 3pm. I went out for a walk and returned at 8pm and to my dismal, my room was STILL not ready. The staff explained that they were dealing with some plumbing issues with the room and it's taking a little longer than expected. This was totally unacceptable as I believe the hotel had more than enough time to deal with the issue. Check-in time was 3pm, and i find it unacceptable that after 5 hours, the problem is still not resolved.

I believe there are better hotels out there for the price you pay. Definitely not returning to Longstay again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank octoberr

Travellers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Reviewed 13 February 2010

I stayed at in Taipei for 2 nights and came to Taipei again after spending 2 nights elsewhere. I was thus given 2 different rooms.

I have to say that while the first room (cosmoplitan feel) was cozy enough, we did not have enough walking space. In fact I kicked my own luggage a few times when I was walking around. The only place we could rest was probably on the bed. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious enough. Ask for standing shower though. I went to my friend's room which has a bathtub and the bathroom look cramped.

The staff were very friendly and we safely left the bulk of our luggages with the hotel when we left for Hualien and Yilan.

When we returned, we were allocated the Anna Sui Rm. I was pleasantly surprised by the room because 1) it smells really good when we stepped in 2) I love the decor 3) It seemed more spacey with more walking space.

The breakfast was pretty inadequate though. When they delivered to our room, we were quite surprised to see just a packet of milk tea and sandwich. At least there were nearby breakfast places for us to choose from.

Locations wise, it is 3 mins walk away from Ximending. But to walk to the nearest Ximen MRT takes about 7-0 minutes. Walking back to the hotel late at night may be uncomfortable for ladies.

I would recommend the hotel because the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room could be bigger but I like the decor a lot. It's good for couples but I won't recommend for sole female travellers.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple