“small rooms, service below standards, not recommended”
Review of Longstay Hotel

Longstay Hotel
Ranked #112 of 247 Taipei B&B and Inns
Singapore
“small rooms, service below standards, not recommended”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Location wasn't great- around 10min walk from the Ximen MRT station. I only booked this hotel because there are not many hotels in Taipei with twin bed rooms. Most were fully booked by the time I made my reservations.
Rooms were very small, there were hardly any walking space after laying out our luggages. The twin beds were laid right next to each other, with hardly any space in between. The rooms are generally clean and the beds are quite comfortable. Toilets are clean and modern.
However, the deal breaker was the below-standards service. We were appalled to realise that our rooms were not tidied after we came back to the room at around 3pm. The staff explained that they were tied up for that day but the same thing happened the next day. My friend had a worse experience- her room was still not tidied at 11+pm, even though she reminded the staff at 7pm before going out.
When I recheck-in 2 days later at ard 2pm after returning from Taichung, the staff told me that they are still tidying up my room as the check-in time was 3pm. I went out for a walk and returned at 8pm and to my dismal, my room was STILL not ready. The staff explained that they were dealing with some plumbing issues with the room and it's taking a little longer than expected. This was totally unacceptable as I believe the hotel had more than enough time to deal with the issue. Check-in time was 3pm, and i find it unacceptable that after 5 hours, the problem is still not resolved.

I believe there are better hotels out there for the price you pay. Definitely not returning to Longstay again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank octoberr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed 13 February 2010

I stayed at in Taipei for 2 nights and came to Taipei again after spending 2 nights elsewhere. I was thus given 2 different rooms.

I have to say that while the first room (cosmoplitan feel) was cozy enough, we did not have enough walking space. In fact I kicked my own luggage a few times when I was walking around. The only place we could rest was probably on the bed. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious enough. Ask for standing shower though. I went to my friend's room which has a bathtub and the bathroom look cramped.

The staff were very friendly and we safely left the bulk of our luggages with the hotel when we left for Hualien and Yilan.

When we returned, we were allocated the Anna Sui Rm. I was pleasantly surprised by the room because 1) it smells really good when we stepped in 2) I love the decor 3) It seemed more spacey with more walking space.

The breakfast was pretty inadequate though. When they delivered to our room, we were quite surprised to see just a packet of milk tea and sandwich. At least there were nearby breakfast places for us to choose from.

Locations wise, it is 3 mins walk away from Ximending. But to walk to the nearest Ximen MRT takes about 7-0 minutes. Walking back to the hotel late at night may be uncomfortable for ladies.

I would recommend the hotel because the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room could be bigger but I like the decor a lot. It's good for couples but I won't recommend for sole female travellers.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank blurry82
singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Lift Lobby is on the half landing, so you'll have to carry ur luggage up a flight of stairs. Hotel is located in an old Commercial Building which is quite dilapidated.
don't expect a lavish lobby, the recept area is barely 2 metres long and is on the 6th floor which is quite inconvenient.
Rooms are really small, not suitable for couple with baby/child and also too small if you have big bags/luggages.
Room + Toilet clean, however walls were thin and you can hear almost everything else.
If you're a light sleeper, it's not suitable as the lift is very noisy and you can hear the door sliding every few minutes.
staff were friendly and prompt, however there was a serious security breach which we were very unhappy.

We placed the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign, and yet when we came back to the room, we found that someone had left a used towel on our bed! when we called the recept to demand an answer, they said their painter had came to do minor touch up. We felt its really a breach of our privacy and what if things went missing? I'm not very comfortable with this but it's up to personal preferance. there was no advance notice and they did not seek our permissiong to enter our rooms. Very disturbing.

breakfast was just home made sandwiches. we had asked for Vegetarian as there were some meat we had to abstain from ( religious) but the sandwich came with Ham!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eastsidekitty

Travellers are raving about these Taipei hotels