ok I haven't even had a chance to upload my Eclat photos and this is only the 2nd of 3 nights at the hotel, but here I'm using the hotel's free wi fi (on both my laptop & iphone) and really enjoying the room, so here it goes...
I normally always stay at corporate hotels for work (Sherwood, Grand Hyatt, Shangri-la Far Eastern) but for this biz trip most rooms are taken up and the non corporate rate rooms are super expensive, at the same time, a super picky and well traveled girlfriend recommended this hotel and even had her assistant book 3 rooms for me & two of my colleagues (who also travel to Taiwan all the time). (We were all gushing over this place as we had breakfast this morning)
We got our rooms at the same rate that we would pay for at the other corp hotels
1) good location, walking distance to some of my favorite restaurants, 10 min cab ride away to our office which is in the newest district in Taipei, with the new Bella Vista shopping center/ the new robuchon restaurant & etc
2) the room: oh where do I start, really nice bathroom, 3 types of showerheads to choose from, the Jpn style Toyo toilet (warm toilet seats etc), Ferragamo toiletries (and not just your usual shampoo & conditioners), B&O stereo system, automatic curtains, neopresso machine, designer furniture & lighting, free mini bar etc
3) food: did not and will not try their Cantonese restaurant (I am from HK, not going to have Canto food in Taipei!) but the breakfast here is great, no dry overcooked food a la corp hotel buffet style
1) George- the bar, only opens at 5:30 pm
2) the rooms (incl bathroom) are small, but no smaller than the ones in Europe
3) they should have a pillow menu (or maybe they have one & I just don't know) but the pillows are bit on the hard side for me
do I like this place, hell ya, enough that I booked another 2 nights for a repeat trip next week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discreetly located in a quiet part of Taipei’s most fashionable district, Da-An, is Hotel Éclat, an eclectic, elegant new boutique art hotel. All 60 luxuriously appointed guest rooms equipped with state-of-the-art amenities, including a 42 inch LCD TV offering the largest selection of TV channels and movies available in Taipei today, Bang & Olufsen CD-player with MP3 connectivity, Nespresso coffee machine, Riedel glassware, Montblanc desktop stationery, Molton Brow bathroom amenities, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Eclat Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eclat Hotel Taipei