“1st class tour of Taiwan in 5 days!”
Review of Life of Taiwan

Life of Taiwan
Ranked #18 of 116 Tours in Taipei
More attraction details
Owner description: Life of Taiwan focuses on offering quality travel experiences to discerning international visitors. Rather than offer pre-arranged packages, we are a travel concierge service that curates and customises Taiwan tours on behalf of our clients, ensuring they experience the very best of this amazing island. Taiwan has long been neglected by the travel community, but is slowly being recognised for the exceptional destination it truly is.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

A once in a lifetime opportunity to travel, expenses paid, for 5 days to the location of my choice- with no time to plan, I sought out a bespoke travel company to maximize my short time, enjoying Taiwan. I wanted lots of cultural experiences, a food tour of Taipei & Tainan, a private cooking lesson, a nature hike, a little R&R, & most of all- to catch the spring harvest of high mountain oolong tea that is so fleeting & weather dependant, hence, difficult to plan around- & Life of Taiwan delivered every last request. Also, having many dietary restrictions & not speaking the local languages, it was a huge burden off my shoulders to have someone taking care of all the details. My husband tagged along & we absolutely loved our experience so much & enjoyed making lifelong friends along the way, Taiwan is now a major destination for many of our future travel plans! I knew we were going to have a great time, but I didn't know that this trip would inspire change in my perspective that I will cherish all my life. I would never have been able to have such an intense & in-depth experience without the Life of Taiwan team. Mark & Muchin were just amazing and the planning and attention to detail was second to none. I can wholeheartedly recommend Life of Taiwan. First class from start to finish.

Date of experience: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Maretta! What can I say. What a review. Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure to show you around Taiwan. We sure packed a lot into 5 days.

We are still planning to come and visit you and Alfi in California next summer.

Missing you both!

"christmas hotel"
"magic happen"
"christmas buffet"

Reviewed 23 November 2017

He spoke good English, was a skillful and safe driver on the very narrow and steep roads, and was patient and good humoured.

Date of experience: November 2017

Dear Royale,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We will be sure to pass your very kind words onto Joe. Hopefully we can show you more of the island on your next visit.

Best wishes

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Gloria arranged a full tour for us and squeezed it all in only in a day. It was tiring but full. Our driver Shiwa is very good in Engish and explained, narrated to us the history of each place we go to. He knows the background and history. It was an educational tour for us. It's something you will recommend to your friends and family.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank noelleo26
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Gloria was helpful in trying to organise a slow paced, flexible 7 days Taiwan tour along the Western side of the island for my senior parents and myself. The hotel choices were excellent - very comfortable. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended although my senior mother did well in her slippers / flip flops as well. Bottled water are provided so no need to bring your own. My father suffered a minor stroke a year ago and sometimes was not feeling well enough to join us to walk around as sometimes there were sites which require walking up steps which he cannot handle. Joe, our driver, was patient and accommodating. He is very knowledgeable and explains the culture and lifestyle well. We generally spent average 6 hrs touring every day. The National Museum in Taipei was very interesting. We enjoyed the Hakka village experience as well. The Einhan resort where we had to experience vegetarian meals was very unique but I missed the opportunity to do my own dye clothing due to time constraints. Joe even brought us to the original bubble tea shop (that was not a part of our itinerary) after I mentioned how I enjoyed the drink. It was incredibly rainy during our whole trip so we did not walk around some towns and the night markets. It was interesting that Taiwan can experience very heavy downpours like equatorial places. Unfortunately two of the places that we were supposed to visit per our trip itinerary were closed that day so I would have wished better checks were done to avoid this disappointment. The Taipei Observatory 101 is overly hyped - nothing to see as it is just office tower. Gloria surprised us with a nice gift towards the middle-end which is very much appreciated. Overall, the local tour that Gloria organised was probably the best option for my parents to experience real local lifestyle. For visitors that have limited Chinese skills that locals understand, going off to order your own meals is challenging. Joe is helpful to have around for ordering.

Date of experience: June 2017
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you so much for writing this very kind review for us. We are glad that you were happy with our service and look forward to seeing you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We travelled as a group of three. Gloria was great at getting an itinerary together and trying to meet our financial requirements. She kept us informed all the time. Sent photos of the driver and vehicle in advance so we knew who would be driving us.
Joe, our driver, was excellent. Met us on time and drove competently at all times. He was very helpful and informative and we felt quite safe in his vehicle. He made sure everything was ok for us, helping us check in and having lots of local information to keep us informed of where we were travelling.
We only had 4 days but felt we saw a good representation of the island and travelled at a good pace.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank noelenewhite
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Noelene,