“Family Tour of Taiwan (Taipei, Sun-Moon Lake, Kaoshiung, Hualien)”
Review of Life of Taiwan

Life of Taiwan
Ranked #18 of 116 Tours in Taipei
More attraction details
Owner description: Life of Taiwan focuses on offering quality travel experiences to discerning international visitors. Rather than offer pre-arranged packages, we are a travel concierge service that curates and customises Taiwan tours on behalf of our clients, ensuring they experience the very best of this amazing island. Taiwan has long been neglected by the travel community, but is slowly being recognised for the exceptional destination it truly is.
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Dear Mark@lifeofTaiwan,

Thank you very, very much for booking the Silk Place Taroko Hotel, Hualien, Taiwan as part of my Taiwan Tour itinerary, for Christmas day 25 Dec 2017. It was very thoughtful indeed of LifeofTaiwan. The view of the Taroko Gorge from the hotel was truly fantastic, beautiful and amazing both at night and also in the morning. This was truly an amazingly memorable Christmas hotel stay for me, my wife and my son & daughter. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you LifeofTaiwan for arranging this remarkable and wonderful Christmas gift. - Thank you LifeofTaiwan for making this MAGIC happen. The Christmas buffet in the Silk Place Taroko Hotel was really delicious and the menu spread had plenty of local Taiwanese food as well as Christmas fare. It was a very sumptuous dinner. We all enjoyed eating the good food.

Steven Liu had been a truly careful and good driver-cum-tour guide. He had been very attentive with our wishes and took us to eat the most amazingly fresh and delicious seafood lunch in the seafood restaurant in Taitung where we feasted on live lobster & abalone - yummy . He kindly stopped for us to buy fresh fruits (custard apple and starfruits which were really juicy and sweet) when we requested for it and he was indeed very patient with us. He had been very kind in explaining to us, the history, geography and local customs/culture of the places we visited. We are sincerely gratefully and appreciative for his services and his long hours of safe driving.

Once again I cannot thank you enough for making this a remarkable & amazing Tour of Taiwan for me & my family. Without any doubt, this had been a truly enjoyable and memorable Taiwan holiday for all of us. Out of a total score of 10, my family and I would rate the Tour a 9 for the well-planned itinerary, the quality hotels that were booked for our overnight stay in Sun-Moon Lake, Kaoshiung and Hualien, for the professionalism of our driver-cum-tour guide Mr Steven Liu and the choice of an excellent quality Silk Place Taroko Hotel and Liu Chi Hakka restaurant to celebrate both Christmas and my 67th birthday on boxing day (26th Dec). Here is how I would express my satisfaction ---

Thank you, Merry Christmas and God Bless

Loyd Lai
Senior Project Manager, IT Infrastructure Projects (SHELL BUSINESS SERVICES CENTER, CYBERJAYA, MALAYSIA)
Email: loydlai@gmail.com

Date of experience: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Loyd,

I am so happy you enjoyed our Christmas surprise for you and the family. Silks Place in Taroko is one of my favorite properties. Such a stunning location and a great getaway.

I will share your review with our Guide Stephen. He really is as good as they get.

Thank you once again for using our services and trusting us with you precious family time. We are very happy that everything worked out so well.

Kind regards,

"magic happen"
"christmas buffet"

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Dear Gloria,

Thank you very, very much for booking the Silk Place Taroko Hotel, Hualien, Taiwan as part of my Taiwan Tour itinerary, for Christmas day 25 Dec 2017. It was very thoughtful indeed of you and LifeofTaiwan. The view of the Taroko Gorge from the hotel was truly fantastic, beautiful and amazing. This was truly an amazingly memorable Christmas hotel stay for me, my wife and my son & daughter. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you & LifeofTaiwan for arranging this remarkable and wonderful Christmas gift. - Thank you Gloria, Mark, Steven and LifeofTaiwan for making this MAGIC happen. The Christmas buffet in the Silk Place Taroko Hotel was really delicious and amazing. We all enjoyed eating the good food.

Steven Liu had been a truly careful and good driver. He had been very attentive with our wishes and took us to eat the most amazingly fresh and delicious seafood lunch in the seafood restaurant in Taitung where we feasted on live lobster & abalone - yummy. He kindly stopped for us to buy fresh fruits when we requested for it and was indeed very patient with us. He had been very kind in explaining the history, geography and local customs of the places we visited, to us. We are sincerely appreciative for his services and his long hours of safe driving.

Once again I cannot thank you enough Gloria for making this a remarkable & amazing Tour of Taiwan for me & my family. Without any doubt, this had been a truly enjoyable holiday for all of us.
Thank you, Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Loyd Lai

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We put together our own ideas for our trip to Taipei. wWe emailed Life of Taiwan with what we wanted , and Gloria contacted us straight away (even with a time difference of 6hrs, meaning she was working at 11pm). Gloria put it all into an itinerary for us as exactly as we asked.
Our driver / guide for the 2 days Mr Xi was absolutely fantastic, very knowledgeable and entertaining, even showed us a couple of things we didn't ask for ( we didn't even know of them) which was very good of him.
all in all we couldn't fault the service given to us by Gloria and her team . Many thanks and if we return we shall definitely be using you again.
Richard & Belinda

Date of experience: November 2017
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Richard and Belinda,

I am so glad that everything worked out so well for you both on your recent visit. Gloria really is amazing isn't she! I always ask her to stop working and take time with her family, but she really takes her duties seriously and always wants to be responsive and make sure people get answers quickly.

We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you both again in Taiwan.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2017

A once in a lifetime opportunity to travel, expenses paid, for 5 days to the location of my choice- with no time to plan, I sought out a bespoke travel company to maximize my short time, enjoying Taiwan. I wanted lots of cultural experiences, a food tour of Taipei & Tainan, a private cooking lesson, a nature hike, a little R&R, & most of all- to catch the spring harvest of high mountain oolong tea that is so fleeting & weather dependant, hence, difficult to plan around- & Life of Taiwan delivered every last request. Also, having many dietary restrictions & not speaking the local languages, it was a huge burden off my shoulders to have someone taking care of all the details. My husband tagged along & we absolutely loved our experience so much & enjoyed making lifelong friends along the way, Taiwan is now a major destination for many of our future travel plans! I knew we were going to have a great time, but I didn't know that this trip would inspire change in my perspective that I will cherish all my life. I would never have been able to have such an intense & in-depth experience without the Life of Taiwan team. Mark & Muchin were just amazing and the planning and attention to detail was second to none. I can wholeheartedly recommend Life of Taiwan. First class from start to finish.

Date of experience: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark S, Owner at Life of Taiwan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Maretta! What can I say. What a review. Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure to show you around Taiwan. We sure packed a lot into 5 days.

We are still planning to come and visit you and Alfi in California next summer.

Missing you both!