“Excellent budget hotel”

Ranked #5 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent budget hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Room is absolutely good with such reasonable price. Clean & tidy.
No breakfast is provided and you can enjoy a Taiwan style breakfast on your own choice.

Concerning the location, Branch I is actually much better then II & III (there is a metro exit near Branch I). For this Branch II (Branch II & III just side by side with each others), it takes at least 20 min walk from the metro station and need to cross a lot of overhead bridges...

Room Tip: Not to choose Branch II & III unless Branch I is full...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank BellC581
CityinnHotel3, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear valued guest-Denise C

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 3 Hotel

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Cityinn 3 Hotel and taking time to write such a valuable review on Tripadvisor. We sincerely appreciate it.

It makes us feel very warm to learn that you are satisfied with your stay, and the compliment on the services and surroundings means a lot to us. The Cityinn 3 Hotel staffs are always very gracious, hoping to do more than what our guests expect us to and give you a very wonderful accommodation experience with us. We hope to deliver the warmth of Taiwan to every guest.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cityinn 3 Hotel soon in the near future.

Cityinn 3 Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Indonesia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stay in cityinn branch 2 for 4 days. Location is very convinient near taipei train main station and taipei bus station. Only walk about 10 minute. Mcdonald, KFC, and 7eleven is just opposide the hotel. All the staff is very helpfull, cheerfull and friendly. The hotel didnt serve breakfast, but the hotel provided self service all day drink like milk tea, lemon tea and coffee. They have a washing manchine too, but we didnt used it. The room not too big but is very clean and decorated very well. With full amenity. Tv is bg and the shower is very powerfull with hot and cold water. Very satified stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Can ask for window room because some room dont have window
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edisalman
CityinnHotel3, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear valued guest - Edisalman

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 2 Hotel

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Cityinn 2 Hotel and taking time to write such a valuable review on Tripadvisor. We sincerely appreciate it.

We are so glad to know that you like our our serivce, It makes us feel very warm to learn that you are satisfied with your stay, and the compliment on the services and surroundings means a lot to us. The Cityinn 2 Hotel staffs are always very gracious, hoping to do more than what our guests expect us to and give you a very wonderful accommodation experience with us. We hope to deliver the warmth of Taiwan to every guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II in the near future!

Leo Chou
Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at CityInn Branch II on 3days - 8, 10 and 22July, using it as my base as I made short trips to the North Coast, Hualien and Alishan. On all 3 occasion has three different rooms. The rooms size tend to vary quite abit even though all were standard double. Despite its small size, the rooms were well designed and layout was very functional, brightly lit and cheerful modern decor. I enjoyed the free wifi especially being coped up in the room on 22July whilst waiting for my flight amidst Typhoon Matmo. The staff were always attentive, friendly and eager to attend to our every query. Couldn't have asked for better service. I enquired the day before my scheduled checkout on 23rd at reception whether there are rooms available in case I need to extend if my flight was delayed. This prompted the staff to ring me at 1130 am to enquiry whether I needed an extension to the following day. They are really listening to their guest. I will use CityInn when I return to Taiwan next time for sure.

Room Tip: Avoid 711 (extremely small) 701 (is much larger). Rooms on 7th floor is roof level, can be quite lou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank junesing
Dear valued guest - junesing

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II and taking time to write such a valuable review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to see that you shared such detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. We are so glad that you were satisfied with our location,service and facilities. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and encouragement. Wish you have a nice day and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Leo Chou / Supervisor
CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch II
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is really a best hotel I have ever met. This is small, but it has all what you need. The best thing is that you can use the free laundry there and I enjoyed a lot in this very hot summer because all of us sweated a lot.

Staff are very friendly and helpful to answer questions and they also put the baby bed in advance. Very nice ...

Location is also good which is near Taipei station (I think 10 mins walk) and it is near one night market in which you can eat what you want.

I will go to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Forrest03
CityinnHotel3, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear valued guest - Forrest03

Warmest greetings from Cityinn 2 Hotel

Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cityinn 2 Hotel soon in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - the staff were friendly, alert to opportunities to help and helpful to a fault. We felt bad that they would jump to their feet every time we entered the lobby!

The hotel helpfully responded quickly to my enquiries on directions to the hotel. Upon check-in, we asked about hot spring spas in Beitou - Missey(I think?) went out of her way to suggest a higher and lower end option and their merits. After returning from an outing, we experienced how she went beyond our expectations: at the end of her shift, she left a 3+ page printout of hot spring spas with hand written notes and smiley faces in an envelope.

It's amenities and design further won me over. Besides the usual complementary amenities and free in-room WIFI, they provide 2 additional pages of other free stuff that they provide to use/ gift. There is also a free-to-use
- PC, printer
- 3 washing machines, dryers, detergent, freshening dryer sheets, laundry bags in the laundry room, etc.
- fruit tea dispensers, coffee machine, etc.

In almost every aspect, we were delighted by the thoughtfulness, quality and effort: the saline solution provided just speaks volumes. We couldn't ask for a better value proposition! Well done Team CityInn!! I've been singing your praises to friends, family and colleagues since returning!

For a fuller review with pictures, please see my blog on http://deslimkw.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/visiting-taipei-you-must-stay-here/

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Desmond L
CityinnHotel3, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear valued guest -Desmond L

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel last year by the recommendation of my daughter. I simply think that the only good thing about this hotel is its proximity to the train station where I arrived from Taichung. First, the room rate of over HK$700 cannot be called cheap in a outrageous small room (about 120 square feet inclusive of the bathroom) without window. I was totally shocked when I saw the room. Normally, a room without window would be stated as such in the room description. I tried to contact hotels.com without hearing anything from them. Then, I complained to the front desk and they claimed that some people preferred a room nicely decorated. Not me, I have phobia to enclosed unit without outlet, so they agreed to change a room with window which is even smaller. No more to Cityinn a Hotel for me. Another thing I don't like is they keep your room card which seems very unsafe because they have so many guests and how can they be sure if they don't even ask your name.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is any good room there, too small and enclosed
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Teresa S L
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

we stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. the room and toilets were very clean and the staff at the front desk were very helpful. they always topped up the snacks when we've finished them. the only thing is that they do not serve breakfast. however macdonalds and kfc is just across the road. there are a few breakfast shops around the area as well. the hotel is just a 5 mins walk away from qsquare which is a shopping centre thats linked to the train station. overall the experience with the hotel is a very pleasant one.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
CityinnHotel3, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear valued guest - Tan J

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II.
We are greatly honored of your positive comments and pleased to know that you were satisfied with our facilities, services and location. Your generous and kind words are truly the best reward for us.

Yours Faithfully,