“Happy stay and great vacation in Taiwan” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Qstay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taipei
Qstay
Ranked #70 of 246 Taipei B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Happy stay and great vacation in Taiwan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights last week, perfect location (only 3 minutes by walking to Ximen MRT Station), clean room, resonable price, free wifi internet inside whole building, friendly and helpful staff(It was my first time to Taipei and the staff help me so much on tourist information.^^), they provide 24 hours self-service FREE snack bar contains biscuits, instant noodles, coffee, juicy all the time.

Ximen area is great for shopping and very easy to find lots of food in different restaurants and style, also excellent transportation (Just one stop to Taipei Main Station) connect HSR to South Taiwan(I went to Taichung and Kaohsiung afterward.)

I am sure that I will come to Taiwan and stay this hotel again soon.

Room Tip: You can choose the pick-up service (from airport) by them, the price is cheaper than you take a taxi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

The scores so far:

54 Excellent
27 Very Good
1 Terrible

I dont get it! I am with the minority........ this place is dreadful. I normally find that if you read, say, half a dozen reviews on trip advisor then you have a good flavour about a place. I just dont get why people enthuse about this place!

Lets start on the positive:

- Friendly staff. I phoned ahead to say I would be arriving late. That wasn't a problem and a friendly face greeted me on arrival
- The location is excellent.

The not so positive:

- I have stayed at a couple of other places in Taipei. In terms of value for money this place doesn't stack up at all.
- the rooms are small (very small)
- one of my biggest gripes was the bed. A hard mattress with a soft "topper" placed over it. The pillows were foam placed inside a horrid plastic cover and then the pillow case on top. The bedding was poor quality and I didn't feel happy sleeping in it.
- the towels were thin and, again, poor quality.
- the room has a worn decaying feel to it.

My earnest advice is to stay clear of this place. If you want a gay friendly hotel they abound in Taipei (its no big deal where you stay) so dont believe you have to stay somewhere which markets itself as gay. If you fall into this trap you literally pay the price.

I am usually better able to pick hotels but this one came in under my radar. Don't let it come in under yours!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank stirl0
Caloocan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed on this hotel for 3 nights last week. I booked the Type A room since it costs NT$200 lesser than Type B. I added extra NT$200 though for my daughter sharing bed with my wife and I. The Double bed is quite small for the three of us so we have to sleep perpendicular to the bed. The bed mattress is quite soft and comfortable. Make sure to ask for spare bath towels if you need one as they provided two sets of towels only.

From the hotel, you can take the Kuo Kuang airport bus to take you to the Taipei Train station which is roughly 1 hour or more drive. From their, you can take the taxi to the hotel for NT$100 plus night charges of NT$20. The bus counter is closed when we arrived but passengers are lined up waiting. At past 1:45 AM the bus driver arrived and signalled us to follow him to the bus. We have to pay our bus fare to the driver and there was a lot of commotion since the bus driver does not have change for large bills. The 7-11 store will also not change your money without buying an item. Unfortunately, the cashier also ran out fo small bills. Luckily, some passengers managed to pay in small bills and eventually all pasengers were accommodated.

We arrived around 3 AM in the morning and the hotel staff waited for us and actually called me on my mobile to check on us.

The hotel hot shower is typical of portable shower water heater, thus, the heated water when fully consumed and needs extra minutes to get warm again. The tip is always close the shower when not in use to save on hot water.

There is snack room in the ground floor right beside the elevator. You can have your packed noodles and sandwiches for breakfast and snacks anytime of the day.

Ximending is just right across the street less than 5 minutes walk. This will bring you right at the Exit 1 of the ximending station of the subway. Be sure to buy the Easy card worth NT$500 (NT$100 deposit included).

If you pay in cash with the hotel, you will get 5% discount. I saved around NT$500. Beware of mosquitoes in Taipei, My wife saw some mosquitoes flying around the room so we used the mosquito repellant provided inside the room. Mosquitoes are also all over the airport.

Computer is provided in the room with wired and wireless internet. The computer monitor serve as the cable TV also. Split type airconditioning in each room so you can control the room temperature individually.

On our first day, we were disappointed when we returned to our room and found that the room was not cleaned. So the next days everytime we go out, I always asked the hotel staff at the counter to clean our rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel is for a good place for you to stay if you are gay and traveling with your partners. Not a very good place if you are traveling with a group of friends. The setting of the rooms are more for romance and may appear abit sleazy with transparent bathroom. Location is decent but then lack of food options compared to long shang temple station. I think its kinda expensive and not value for money, and you can find better options elsewhere. unless u are gay.

Room Tip: avoid second floor since the toilet wall is transparent and even with curtain, may not feel comforta...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DoDoSG
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is our second stay with Qstay. Great location, good service and first class service. Pantry is always well stock with snacks at all times and is free for house guests. Ximenting is less than 10mins walk and you can find good cafes/eateries around Qstay. Rooms may be small for family of four. Free wifi and Internet in the rooms.

Room Tip: Select B room comes with 2 windows and is slightly better bigger than A room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank reneeSingapore
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I recently visited Taipei again but this time with my folks. I didn't bother looking at other hotels as I had my eyes (and heart) set on QStay given my excellent experience last time. And they did not disappoint me! It was another great stay as expected! On this trip, I booked their service apartment which is just about 5 minutes walk from the main hotel and is actually closer to the Ximen MRT station. The apartment is large and can fit about 4 adults. It has a kitchen (although you can't really cook but why bother when the pantry is open 24/7), fairly roomy bathroom, large TV set and a desktop computer. If you're traveling with family or a group, I highly recommend staying at their service apartment.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ladyduck0731
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Boutique apartment at XiMen area. convenient, not too rowdy and easy to find. Pantry well stocked and free for all. Bed is ok and in Taipei you are not suppose to sleep too much! The curtain for shower may not be too convenient for those who are not couple. Privacy...
You must try the egg tart just across the street from the hotel. They don't sell loose, by the dozen only.

Room Tip: Pick the bigger room. The big room is small too.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family