“Fantastic facilities and hospitality.”
Review of HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
Ranked #39 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
SGP
“Fantastic facilities and hospitality.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Friendly staffs, great facilities and ease of access to public transport (10 mins walking distance to the Nanjing East MRT Station). H.Q Lounge has all the complimentary drinks and snacks for your usage throughout my stay here. Room is clean, comfortable and has all the necessary amenities for my stay.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
manila
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Although not many shops around this area, it is conveniently located a stone's throw away from the metro station.

My friends and I were welcomed into Taipei with mishaps left and right and that included a missing luggage at the airport. I must commend SPUD for helping coordinate and hasten the arrival of THE luggage.

Slept soundly in their very comfortable beds and felt very welcome with the overflowing inclusions to our room I.e bottomless bar, 24 hour lounge and most of all the very warm treaent of their staff.

I would definitely recommend you stay here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I picked Quote randomly out of a list where I could get a special deal when I visited Taipei for Cirque du Soleil so I only stayed one night.

And what a wonderful night it was!

I'd arrived a little early so my room wasn't ready but I checked in and left my luggage with them to explore the neighbourhood a bit. Explore wasn't what I ended up doing because I found a nice cafe and holed up with a wonderful latte and a book.

When I got back to the hotel around 3, I was greeted by name and informed my room was ready and my bag was waiting inside. A lady escorted me up and I was wow'ed by the room. I got a Q room and it was small but not claustrophobic at all due to the tasty furnishing. The bed was my favourite thing in the room, despite all the shiny gadgets.

Oh and the minibar is free.

Bathroom could have used a bathtub but the shower was nice enough. I also loved the Japanese bidet/toilet seat!

One thing that set this place apart from 99% of all other hotels I've stayed at before is the amazing soundproofing. I knew I had neighbours but had I not seen him in the hallway, I would have never known!!

Definitely the best boutique hotel I've stayed at in a city!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Before my arrival, I asked the hotel staffs to assist me in ordering Taiwanese souvenirs to be delivered to the hotel and made a number of restaurant reservations. The staffs helped me with my requests and were very courteous.

When I arrived,I received the same level of service. I also appreciate that a free lounge is provided for all guests with drinks, snacks and a wide range of magazines.

The location isn't the best but Taiwan taxis are cheap and easy to get.

The room is spacious enough and the bed is quite comfy. I stayed on the upper floors and it was rather quiet.

I am quite satisfied with the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was on a four day family holiday with my 3 adult children (26 - 32 years) and daughter-in-law and we all loved our stay here. Just as advertised, we were in a U room with a Nespresso machine and complimentary mini bar. The rooms were quiet and secure (although the lighting was a little too dark and the only window above the bed was tiny). The concept reminded me of the Camper Hotel in Berlin, as there is a 24 hour community room on the second floor. The hotel well priced with a delicious Chinese and western buffet breakfast included. The location was great since there was a MTR close by. I would definately stay there again, we all felt like it was a home away from home. The BEST thing about the hotel was the service, especially the manager Kenneth. Nothing was too much trouble and all the advice that he gave us was spot on - we felt like we had a friend back at the hotel who understood exactly our every need. Thank you Kenneth you made our stay in Taipei so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel may have taken over as my favorite especially given the smaller atmosphere. I previously stayed at the W when i was in Taipei and i liked this property better.

I loved the room and just felt so comfortable and like it was my own apartment. There was ZERO noise from any other room. I don't know if they put extra insulation in or if I was just luck and no one was near me but it was so quiet. Maybe a downfall is that the only window in the room was very small but to me it made the place cozy. If you are sharing the room with someone else then you may not like the room given that the bathroom has the open concept to the bedroom. There is a shade to pull down but it is still really an open concept with a half wall between the bathroom and bed. Also it is just glass walls around the toilet and shower so again, very open.

The service was the best I can remember. I'm not sure about the amenities as far as a gym since i was only there for one night. The location was great for me as it was a five minute walk to my office but I can't say whether it is good for tourists on vacation as I'm not familiar with the where the touristy attractions are located. The minibar is free (although limited) and the second floor snacks and breakfast were a great deal. My price was very reasonable - actually much cheaper than the other similar rated hotels.

So i was very happy, would definitely recommend it and also hope to stay there again if I go back to Taipei.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank burban
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at QUOTE based on a friend's recommendation. It was great although slightly pricy as compared to other hotels in Taipei.

I booked the U ROOM, space wise was rather smaller however it's sufficient for 2 person. There was mini bar and nespresso for coffee lovers, there's 3 different types of capsules according to mouthfeel.

My favourite were DAMANA® Neroli bath amities provided by QUOTE, as a female traveller I can travel light knowing I could enjoy natural products. Other things I liked in a room which most hotel don't offer is ION hairdryer and enjoying private time on their electric toilet seat warmer with sprinkler adjustable according to water temperature!

Overall the room and service was awesome. It made us feel at home especially at the HQ Lounge at level 2, it’s open 24/7 and best part, take whatever you need. Basically free of charge just enjoy. There are snacks and you may borrow magazines, should you need more toiletries feel free to grab, including tea, coffee capsules etc.

As this Taiwan trip is part of a birthday celebration, I received a cute Birthday H.Q deer (one of their signature soft toy) pre-prepared in the room as I was staying in the hotel on my birthday. Very thoughtful of the hotel indeed.

Location wise, it's okay but not great. It's 5 minutes walk from MRT Nanjing E. Rd (Gold Line) nearby attraction, convenient to Taipei Zoo and Maokong Cable Car, as it's the same MRT line.

However, depends on which location you want to go, you may need to switch trains at another station to (BLUE) line, where Taipei 101, Taipei Main Station, and shopping district is located.

Overall, it's a modern boutique hotel, the entire place is filled with dim lighting, for me I enjoy it as I felt relaxed while some would think it's rather dark. I will certainly consider QUOTE during my next visit in Taipei.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple