“Taipei base” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Toronto, Canada
“Taipei base”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Travelled with my friend to Taipei in Dec 2013. We spent 3 nights in Hotel Quote. It's in downtown Taipei close to the Taipei Stadium. Not a super busy/ tourist area which I really like.

We arrived the hotel at 1:30pm. Once we entered the hotel and trying to check in... Hot tea was being served! Then they told us room would not be ready till 2:30pm or 3pm. No problem. We just stored out luggages there and went shopping! There's about 5 mins walk to subway station. Subway system is easy to use!

We got back to the hotel in early evening. Luggages were being sent to room already. But they sent us a staff to escort us to our room, and explained major features in the room! Staff all speak very good English and very polite.

Lots of reviews said they don't like 'lack of sunlight'. But I'm a night person who don't really need sunlight. I really like the dark colour and dimness of the room. I think it's chic and stylish! Bose audio for iphone (but it didn't work on iphone 5...), Toto toilet, free in room snacks/ soft drinks/ tea and coffee/ wifi... Almost forgot to mention the 24 hours snack bar at the breakfast room. Although not much choices, still a very good idea to provide such service. Breakfast was include in our rate. Not the best but adequate. Each of us had a welcome drink at the lobby bar.

It was my first time in Taipei and I had a very good impression of the city. Service and facilities in this small boutique really surprised me! Highly recommend this hotel to people who like chic hotels, but it's not a place for seniors/ family with kids or big families. I will definitely go back to Taipei and stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Seems like this hotel doesn't has a chinese name. Please make sure to get their business card if...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We innitially planned to stay here for three nights only but then decided to prolong our stay with Quote as we have experienced great service and and a very nice atmosphere. I especially liked the design of the hotel and the all-day-and-night open "pantry" where you could grab drinks and snacks anytime.

The only problem I was facing was the lack of daylight. Even if you have a window in your room hardly any daylight comes in as the windows are tiny and ours was facing the side alley and the next building just 3m away. As we stayed most of the time during the day sightseeing it was not a big issue but having daylight at breakfast would be definitely an upgrade.

Nonetheless, I would strongly recommend the hotel if you allow a lack of daylight in the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Nice smallish boutique hotel, with the ever present warm Taiwanese hospitality and service. Stay was very comfortable throughout, and we never regretted spending our New Year holidays with them.
Like many mentioned, you will never expect such a pleasant hotel in the middle of almost no where, though it's proximity to TW efficient subway train station was a huge welcome for many of us. Staff are very professional in their approach to our needs, and never seems to say No for an answer. The guest lounge was simply superb concept, and all guests have access to it. Cleanly and wonderfully designed and setup, the lounge offers guests with food, drinks, fruits, snacks and plentiful of candies! I fell in love with jelly-beans once again.. We had the T room, and was spacious and nicely decorated. Could not have ask for more.
A pleasant and cosy hotel to be in when in Taipei, and I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This modern boutique style hotel is well designed, well maintained, and well prepared for travelers. It's perfect for business travelers or leisure adult travelers, though I don't recommend it for traveling with small kids or big families. The staff are the most amazing, professional, and friendly people that will help with whatever they can. The rooms are comfortable, conveniently stocked with free bottled water, drinks, and snacks everyday. The included breakfast buffet are always plentiful with Chinese and western style offerings. The 24 hour lounge is an absolute heaven for travelers that would like a space to relax outside their rooms during late hours while also be able to enjoy fresh latte, cold drinks, and delicious snacks. The location is perfect being just steps away from metro station, convenient stores, and a mall. For these reasons, whenever I visit Taipei, I would absolutely stay here. I have stayed here since 3-4 years ago and it has been as perfect as the first day. I hope this place does not change.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've been here for a business trip in December. Due to holiday season, the hotel I preferred are fully booked. My taiwan office colleague helped me to book Quote hotel. It was great hotel! great service and nice environment. The look and feel of the environment reminds me of my favorite boutique hotel in Paris. I will choose this hotel again when I visit taipei again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Excellent design and facilities (although we couldn't use the iPod dock with our lightning connectors). Especially the Toto washlet with heated seat! We also liked the free espresso and drinks in the mini bar. And the snacks at the HQ Lounge. The T Room was roomy. Had read about the small windows and minimal lighting, so was prepared for that.

They also very kindly provided a sturdy wooden cot complete with bedding. Also a baby bathtub. The staff were all very dedicated and friendly. Helping to get us into taxis, even in the rain.

Would have stayed longer but they were fully booked.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 12th floor (the highest) and it was very quiet even though near the lift lobby.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lusean
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I travel a fair bit but don't normally write hotel reviews unless the eexperience was above and beyond my expectations. Hotel Quote delivered just that.

The hotel is strategic located in downtown Taipei, next to a mall and a short walk from the subway station. The rooms were stylish, modern, spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. Hotel service was prompt and courteous at all times.

Now what really did it for me was:
1. Electronic toilet system. Heated toilet seat in winter?! What!

2. Complimentary use of OSIM massage products. Let me tell you, nothing feels better than slipping your feet into the foot massager after a long day of walking!

I'd say Hotel Quote was a highlight of my Taipei trip!

• Stayed December 2013