“Small room”
Review of HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
Ranked #33 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for business trip, found the room for 1 person is small. The temp of the room is set at 25 degrees as the hotel is environmentally friendly, but I found it quite warm for me ( felt like 26 degrees Celsius and too stuffy). Washroom and showering facilities are modern. Downsides are no gym, and very basic and simple breakfast. I decided to stay at another hotel for my next trip.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Regqueen

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Quote is an unexpectedly pleasant and relaxing boutique hotel in the centre of Taipei. It starts really quiet on the ground floor and gets better and better while you discover it.

The entrance has a lobby, a bar and a restaurant and you are immediately thrown in a loungy atmosphere. The bar and restaurant areas do feel like a "hotel bar" but the decor is very striking the and the atmosphere relaxing.

The rooms are named by the hotel (Q being the smallest one and QUOTE being the suite). I stayed in a Quote room and it had a unique layout which made me feel immediately at home. The entrance gives to a small corridor and takes you to the very well appointed room: the style is understated, yet warm and elegant. If you are on a business trip, you have anything you need: wide desk, quick wi-fi, Nespresso machine. But you also have a modern chaise longue, impressive flat TV, a very comfortable King size bed and a nice bathroom where you access the jacuzzi via a walk in shower in the middle of the room.

Rooms are successfully soundproofed..

I would definitely go back, whether for business or for leisure

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank titoi97
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed there twice. One time is for attending concert which was at cross the street at "Big egg stadium". Around 10 min walk to nearby subway station.
The first thing I felt good about thi hotel was at the front desk when the staff had a very welcoming greeting and had good introduction on some of the places I planned to travel in Taipei. The room facilities were really good and the dim light in the room helped to relax right away. I liked a lot the 2/F lounge where snacks were served 24 hours long (though the snacks were not of healthy types ;p). Breakfast was served there as well and was very delicious. When I stayed there during the festive season, there was special food like "rice dumpling". Can borrow the massage machine which is good after a long walk during daytime.
Hotel is good if you plan to relax and emphasize on good service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine W
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel for a quick weekend trip to Taiwan. The hotel is pretty centrally located in Taipei, so fairly easy access to most places you'd want to go.

The reception is connected right to the bar and the whole first floor has a kind of darker industrial look. The place actually gets pretty crowded late, as the bar/lounge is fairly popular.

The decorations in the room are a nice, modern chic look. While I believe the room layouts differ between type, we found ours to be spacious and convenient.

The hotel has a pretty good breakfast and free fruits and snacks are always available at the 2nd floor lounge and internet cafe.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating, helping us make and change reservations at restaurants while we were out getting a massage.

As a note, this hotel is part of small luxury hotels, so if you are a member you will get the associated perks.

Definitely recommended as a place to stay while you explore Taipei.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Travelled with my friend to Taipei in Dec 2013. We spent 3 nights in Hotel Quote. It's in downtown Taipei close to the Taipei Stadium. Not a super busy/ tourist area which I really like.

We arrived the hotel at 1:30pm. Once we entered the hotel and trying to check in... Hot tea was being served! Then they told us room would not be ready till 2:30pm or 3pm. No problem. We just stored out luggages there and went shopping! There's about 5 mins walk to subway station. Subway system is easy to use!

We got back to the hotel in early evening. Luggages were being sent to room already. But they sent us a staff to escort us to our room, and explained major features in the room! Staff all speak very good English and very polite.

Lots of reviews said they don't like 'lack of sunlight'. But I'm a night person who don't really need sunlight. I really like the dark colour and dimness of the room. I think it's chic and stylish! Bose audio for iphone (but it didn't work on iphone 5...), Toto toilet, free in room snacks/ soft drinks/ tea and coffee/ wifi... Almost forgot to mention the 24 hours snack bar at the breakfast room. Although not much choices, still a very good idea to provide such service. Breakfast was include in our rate. Not the best but adequate. Each of us had a welcome drink at the lobby bar.

It was my first time in Taipei and I had a very good impression of the city. Service and facilities in this small boutique really surprised me! Highly recommend this hotel to people who like chic hotels, but it's not a place for seniors/ family with kids or big families. I will definitely go back to Taipei and stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Seems like this hotel doesn't has a chinese name. Please make sure to get their business card if...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We innitially planned to stay here for three nights only but then decided to prolong our stay with Quote as we have experienced great service and and a very nice atmosphere. I especially liked the design of the hotel and the all-day-and-night open "pantry" where you could grab drinks and snacks anytime.

The only problem I was facing was the lack of daylight. Even if you have a window in your room hardly any daylight comes in as the windows are tiny and ours was facing the side alley and the next building just 3m away. As we stayed most of the time during the day sightseeing it was not a big issue but having daylight at breakfast would be definitely an upgrade.

Nonetheless, I would strongly recommend the hotel if you allow a lack of daylight in the hotel itself.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Nice smallish boutique hotel, with the ever present warm Taiwanese hospitality and service. Stay was very comfortable throughout, and we never regretted spending our New Year holidays with them.
Like many mentioned, you will never expect such a pleasant hotel in the middle of almost no where, though it's proximity to TW efficient subway train station was a huge welcome for many of us. Staff are very professional in their approach to our needs, and never seems to say No for an answer. The guest lounge was simply superb concept, and all guests have access to it. Cleanly and wonderfully designed and setup, the lounge offers guests with food, drinks, fruits, snacks and plentiful of candies! I fell in love with jelly-beans once again.. We had the T room, and was spacious and nicely decorated. Could not have ask for more.
A pleasant and cosy hotel to be in when in Taipei, and I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple