“Excellent stay here”

Ranked #248 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent stay here”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel is worth 5 star rating. Staff at front desk speaks English , polite and very helpful. house keeping does an excellent job of cleaning the room. The room is huge and spacious. The bathroom has a shower , and a jacuzzi !!!!!! Thought hotel is a bit far from touristy sights, it's well connected by train and there is eatery within 5 mins walking distance.WIfi is free and every day there is a free water and soft drinks top up and a basket of fruits.coffee, tea and biscuits. Will definitely go back and stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kookielover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clarence, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Unfortunately, the hotel's name to a westerner sounds an aweful lot like one of these cheap, cheesy dives that can be found just outside most cities, US or international.

But - DO NOT LET THE NAME FOOL YOU. The Golden Palace is truly that - a palace! I simply cannot remember the last time that I have stayed in such luxurious accomodations - absolutely out-of-this-world! I especially enjoyed the doorbells on each of the rooms; almost like high-class apartment living.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is also outstanding: cold cereals, steamed dumplings, rice, eggs, etc. A nice way to start your day in the big city of Taipei!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidWMiller
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have done a lot of travel for my job and I have seen some really awful and good hotels and this hotel is by far the best, even by my refined taste. This is a truly a hotel worthy of 5 star rating on here...

Room -
Very large and clean. The housekeeping staff does a really nice job cleaning the room every day. I had left my gym clothes on a chair because I was in a rush to go back to work. Upon my return, I found the gym clothes folded neatly and my gym shoes perfectly placed under the luggage rack. I was so thankful that I am almost felt embarrassed that I had left them laying around like that :) This is truly some amazing service here...

Amenity -
So ample that it ranks up there with some of the world's most elite luxury hotels. The bath amenity alone is shocking impressively. Besides the usual shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, soaps, they hotel offers an assortment of other goodies, including an unisex face wash, a makeup remover along with other girly items, and EVEN contact lens solution!!! The hotel offers free use of the minibar which had some drinks and cookies that are refilled every day. A fresh fruit plate was also delivered and stored in the frig every day. This is no skimpy fruit plate, I'm taking abut a full plate of assortment of freshly-cut fruits, large enough to be meal :)

Breakfast -
One of the best selection of western and eastern items along with fresh fruit and salad bar. Items are of high quality and well prepared. Everything tasted great and nothing was overly oily or overly salty. While i left Asia when I was really young, i never forgot the Asian taste :) The eastern breakfast had the a very large assortment of pickled veggies and cured tofu products, that was truly tasty and authentic, it brought back all sorts of childhood memories :)

Staff -
Very polite and caring. They greeted me every time I entered and exited the hotel during my stay. My requests for ice and ironing board was promptly fulfilled with no fuss. Questions for direction and dinner suggestions were responded with very accurate and good information.

If there is a weakness I can find in this hotel, it's got to be the lack of a gym. Fortunately, I was able to use a gym in my office building and my coworker found a local gym nearby that offered reasonable daily rate. That said, the lack of a gym was more than offset by the complementary laundry room. I found out about this head of my trip and was able to pack fewer pieces of clothing and used the laundry room to freshen up my clothes for my 3-week trip. This is definitely a great touch.

Overall -
Very nice stay there. This is one of the best hotels I've been to and I rarely give out 5-star ratings. An easy choice if you are in Neihu. It's close to the MRT station and just steps away from Miramar shopping center which offers plenty of shopping and cheap-eats options.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank knowmyhotels
Pune, India
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I was expecting to check into a good place going by the reviews of Tripadvisor community. But as they say, seeing is believing & I was amazed to see a beautiful room decked up in grandeur, an absolute value for the price I paid. Being my first visit to Taipei, I had requested an Airport Pickup.

For a additional fee 1500 NTD, I was given a royal reception in an E Class Mercedes another First !!

The complimentary breakfast had a very decent spread. Though a vegetarian like me would struggle in any East Asian Hotel, it had its fair share of the usual breakfast and juice selections which more than satisfied me.

There is a Carrefour supermarket nearby at walking distance for any essentials.

I would rate this Hotel on top of my picks for the excellently appointed rooms, superb ambience and value package !!

Room Tip: Take the Deluxe Room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
kevinlee0938, 客戶關係經理 at Capital Hotel Dazhi, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your response and the positive rating. We are greatly honored of your positive comments and pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services.

Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best. We sincerely appreciate your encouragement and look forward to welcoming you back to stay at Goldenpalace Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,Taipei Goldenpalace waikoloa hotel.
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I spent a week in this hotel while in a business trip to Taipei. At first I was a little aprehensive since there were no ammenities like a pool or gym, and the business center has only the very basic. However, these shortcomings are more than compensated by the excellent condition of the room and the outstanding attention by the hotel staff. Breakfast is included and has a fair choice of Western and Chinese food, and as a very welcome detail there were complimentary fresh fruit, snacks, water and soda every day.
The hotel is near the Miramar shopping center and to the MRT (metro), and a walking distance of the Neihu tech zone. It is is a great and cost-effective option for the business traveler going to Neihu.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank lop24
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 6 February 2011

The Golden Palace was a delight to stay in and I definitely will return. This hotel was the last stop on a tour that included stays at hotels in Bangkok and Koh Samui and I must say it was a luxurious stay that out shined all the other hotels. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are very spacious. This hotel is famous for its comfortable beds and each night was a delight. The hotel actually sells its pillows and mattresses to customers that would like to purchase them. They have many types of pillows to accommodate different sleepers - even ones that help you stop snoring! The bathroom interior was designed smartly - each with its own shower as well as a jacuzzi bathtub. The restaurant downstairs was delicious; the free buffet breakfast was a hit with the family. In the afternoons, families can lounge in the restaurant and drink free coffee and snacks. The location is close to the Famous Ferris wheel of Taipei and also a quick 10 minute walk to the nearest metro stop. The popular shilin night market is just a few quick stops away on the metro. There are also lots of stores and shops within walking distance to the hotel. The best part was the service - the front desk, cleaning attendants - even the chefs were polite and welcoming. The manager even helped us arrange all of our transportation during our stay. Many of the staff are actual hotel hospitality students that are not only doing this for a job but also a grade in their class! Very warm and friendly. Will stay here again on my next visit!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Tingaling2010
Malaysia
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I have stayed in many hotels and none quite had the character of the rooms in Golden Palace hotel. The lighting and furnishing was classical yet modern abstract. Check out the pictures i took. I loved it. The mattress and pillows were top notch and sleep came easily and passed too quickly. The jacuzzi was brilliant and the activation automatically dimmed the lights. After a long day in office, it was magical to soak in hot water that came quickly and flowed out nicely from the Kohler fittings. Amenities were the best in class and included contact lens washer fluid, mouthwash and even a packet of facial cleaner which is not standard issue even in Novotel Airport hotel where I stayed in just a few nights earlier. The lobby and breakfast area is not grand but just right sized for a comfy hideaway. All in all, good hotel.

Location wise is reasonable as the MRT is within 10 minutes walk away next to a large Carrefour mall and Miramar shopping center. Access to Shilin Night Market is within 25 minutes via taxi costing approximately USD15 each way.

My office is near this hotel and I would stay here again. I would actually prefer here over Grandee Hotel. Hope this review helps you plan. Cheers.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business