“Awesome!!”
Review of W Taipei

W Taipei
Ranked #17 of 587 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I spent 6 nights in W Taipei last year October 2011 and at that time this hotel is considered quite brand new. This is my first time to W Hotel besides staying in sister hotels namely Hilton and Sheraton.

The room is awesome. Very trendy and hip and as you step in, the 'temporary lobby', the lift is is so 'cool and trendy'. Oh, the breakfast is a must.. So much variety and you definitely need to try the bacon. The restaurant upstairs is worth to try.

All in all, It's very hip and trendy hotel and location is alright, within minutes to subway and 10minutes to Taipei 101. I will definitely come back to this hotel. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Take the Spectacular Room!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank xgrievex
Write a ReviewReviews (2,864)

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Spent 4 days at this hotel for a business meeting. The ambiance is wonderful, facicilites are great, staff are willing to help you in anyway possible. I love the toilet seat! Location is in the heart of Taipei and near restaurants, bars and shopping mall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm Taiwanese that has Been living in Canada for almost 20years. Of all the years I travel everywhere I always try to stay at a hotel that has a best feed back. A comfortable stay is very important fr vacation. When I first book hotel I tried to book sheerwood hotel because it I Taiwanese owned. But it turns out to be a terrible experience on the first night, i dudnt not want this place to ruin my vacation for the next 4 nights . So I called w hotel right away ( which is twice the price) this was the hotel I wanted since beginning anyways.
Right when I get off the car I felt the vibe from smiling services , great lounge music and Modern designs. Suddenly I really feel like vacation. Everything in the hotel amazes me. I will not explain further as it might ruin your surprises! All I can tell u is that I'm going bk to Taiwan again for 2 weeks. And Im definitely staying here again! Eventhu I do have a family home in tw. W hotel feels more like a home to me.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Taipei W exceeded my expectation in every way.

Pros:
-Very hip and trendy hotel. It has style and character
-Excellent location with subway entrance co-located on the same block as the hotel
-Shopping centres nearby, many eateries in the underground mall connected to the subway
-Best hotel buffet breakfast
-Very good service
-Room very stylish.
-Japanese automatic toilets
-Many nice little touches in the hotel room (Wouldn't go into details so reader can discover)
-Nice gym, pool and sauna
-Airport bus stops on the same block as the hotel (although I took a taxi)
-Short walk to Taipei 101

Cons
-None at all

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We spend 4D3N in Taipei and selected W hotel because it is one of the newest hotel in Taipei. The overall experience from lobby check in, hotel room and the bar was seamless - hip and happening. We particularly like the room toilet - besides the washing functions, it has a sensor which lift the lid up upon entering...what more can you ask for!
On a night when the club our friends planned to go got raid, we managed to get a table at 11plus on a crowded Saturday at the bar. I reckon that would be their "whenever" service for hotel guests.
We bgt some bulky furniture at Hankyu Mall and the salesperson offered to help us to bring it to W (since it is just nearby). W conceige helped us to pack it properly and carried it onto the cab. We didnt have to lift a finger. =)

Room Tip: Request for a room facing Taipei 101 so u get excellent view every night you pull up the curtain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicxl
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My family of four stayed 3 nights in a Fabulous Room. The interior design was modern and chic. Bathroom was huge. My daughter could sleep on the sofa inside the bedroom right next to us while the long couch in the living room was more than big enough to accommodate my teenage son.

There were 2 back-to-back LCD TVs hanging on the partitioning wall (with sliding doors on two sides) that separated the ensuite master bedroom from the living room so that the kids could enjoy watching their favourite channels on the couch in the living room while my wife and I were watching our own TV program in the bedroom.

The hotel offered very nice treats which came in a very stylish way, including a glass bottle filled with tiny chocolate bits which were simply irresistible. We loved it so much that we even tried to order a few more bottles to take home!

The location of the hotel was perfect. The mega bookstore was just next door with a food court at the basement. There were also a few other department stores in the same area with their own food courts.

The only criticism I have for this W hotel is that some of the front desk (check-in) staff were, consciously or subconsciously, over-friendly or casual to the point that you did not feel you were being treated as a highly respected guest. Clerical mistakes over my account and bill were also made by these young employees both at check-in and check-out. They even called me up after I returned from Taiwan to tell me they had taken the liberty to charge my credit card for a few extra cents as a result of an error they had made during check-out!

That said, we will probably return to this W hotel when we visit Taipei next time.

Room Tip: Book a fabulous room if you don't mind paying a bit more. You won't regret it.
Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

As with other reviewers of this hotel, the best thing about W Taipei is its location. Right next to a transport hub and department stores, 8 minutes walking distance from Taipei 101, everything is just a stone's throw away.

Setting is great too. Particularly like the day bed next to the floor to ceiling window. My daughter just claimed it as her bed for four days.

Food isn't bad either. Room service came quickly and piping hot. My kids loved the nuggets and pizza, my wife enjoyed the salad and noodles. Breakfast offered good selection, but damn expensive (actually the most expensive meals we had in our four days there were the hotel breakfast). Luckily my smart wife "discovered" that room service breakfast offered similar things at half the cost! Pity we only did so for the last day.

Service was good too. As part of the total "W experience" everywhere in the hotel, lobby, corridors, rooms, etc had music and a special W scent, to which I was allergic and developed a headache. I called operator to complain about it, and within minutes the air con was fixed and washed away the smell. Service was always with a smile and decently efficient, from restaurant bookings to housekeeping requests.

Just minor complaints:
1) Paying almost NT$1,000 a head for breakfast, but why should they rush us to pay the check before we finished eating? Not just once, but twice!
2) Again for breakfast, although it's clearly stated it is served till 10am, but given this is a "hip" hotel and guests are "expected to party" (of course this doesn't apply to me with my two young kids in tow), isn't it a bit demanding to not allow guests to sleep in a little?
3) Still beats me why it is that any John Doe off the street can get free wifi in the lobby, while us paying guests (and definitely not cheap mind you) have to pay NT$400 a day for wifi in the room? This is so unbecoming of a 5-star hotel and certainly not "hip"!

• Stayed: April 2012