“Contemporary hotel but expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #16 of 564 Hotels in Taipei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Contemporary hotel but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel design is comtemporary but expensive.. With the expensive price, the wifi is not free and only for two guests or members. The location is strategic as it is located at heart of city, connected to Hankyu shopping mall. The LG floor of the mall has a nice foodcourt and the dining is easy, lots of variety and convenient. it also connected with subway station. The next block is Eslite Bookstore and there are 5 shopping malls surrounding it. 10 mins walking distance to Taipei101.

The ground floor is Woobar. The bar is nice.

The breakfast is expensive, Cost TWD 880++.Please decide whether it is worthy to have it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ShaneLean
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear ShaneLean,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to know that you like our location and inviting WOOBAR. Regarding to the complimentary WiFi for SPG members, we are always welcoming you to enroll the membership anytime, anywhere for free. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we are looking forward to seeing your back soon.

W Taipei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

no free upgrade room service even stay here for 7 nights, which i am understand i am not Golden and platinum card holder, what make me very very disappointed and angry is they nv provide newspaper even after i do request but they forgot, what i can say, cost me S$460 per night, is that i ask too much who tell me

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachel H
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Rachel H,

We regret that our service didn't meet your expectations and the newspaper service wasn't delivered during your stay as requested on the first day. This is indeed not our service standard and an immediate investigation and action plan have been conducted for further improvement. We would like to thank you for your feedback which give us an opportunity to improve ourselves. If we can have the chance again, we look forward to your return for an authentic W experience.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Step into any W hotel around the world, and one would expect modern, chic touches in terms of decor and design. The W Taipei is no different. But what sets it apart is the excellent warm and personable service from its very good looking team of staff (I suspect they have all been carefully chosen).

It was our second time to W Taipei, the last being just four months ago during our honeymoon. That stay left such an indelible impression, we were certain to come back again. And we had a wonderful excuse to return so soon as our good friend was holding her wedding right at W itself (Michael & Julie).

As my wife is a member, we got the free upgrade to the room of a high level (29th) with a view of Taipei 101 plus a wonderful late check out timing. The room, although not as big as some of the other hotels that we had stayed in, always had a special touch of decor that made it ever so appealing.

The gym and jacuzzi area is a wonderful haven to keep fit and relax respectively. In addition, the swimming pool was a treat! Kept warm to a temperature of 28 degrees Celsius, it made for a lovely swim despite the cold breeze.

The highlight of a stay at W Taipei has to be the service, and this I have to say, is the hallmark of it all. The reason why we would rather just come back here when in Taipei, rather than try another 5 star hotel. For this trip, Jonas stood out for us for his sense of humour during our little banter as he helped us with our luggage on the way out.

Personal service that handles the whatever, whenever. W Taipei - we will see you again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GLHS-75
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear GLHS-75,

We love reading your review! Thank you for your wonderful compliments and rating us the best hotel in Taipei! We are so thrilled to know that you were impressed with our personalized service, wonderful gym and jacuzzi, and our heating outdoor pool. We will share your review with our service team (and Jonas for sure!) which will definitely motivate them to continuously provide excellent service to all our valuable guests. We look forward to your return for another wonderful experience with us.

With Best Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I’ve been an SPG member for about 7 years and have stayed at nearly every W in North Asia and North America. This was my first stay at the W Taipei and I must say that I was impressed. Some W properties have the style, but not the substance…this is not the case with the W Taipei. I stayed in room 3029 for about 7 nights. Both bars are excellent, although I prefer Yen bar on the 31st floor. The Yen restaurant next door has an impressive wine list as well as some of the best cuisine I’ve had in any W hotel. The staff were professional and genuinely friendly. Whilst not inexpensive, I have certainly paid more for less…W Taipei; I will be back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have much more space and of course, a much better view of Taipei city.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Mike H,

Great thanks for sharing your first class review with us. We are so thrilled to know that you were impressed with the style and the substance, genuine friendly service, wine list and cuisine from YEN. Nothing else can make us happier to know that our precious guests like you had an amazing stay and will come back to us again and again. Look forward to your return for another wonderful experience with us.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am not a big fan of the W group of hotels (having stay at a couple before). Generally I find such hotels long on style and the chic factor but short on practicalities and warmth. Somehow there are those in the services sector who confuses fashionable and cool for uppity attitude. So I was of two minds when I signed up for W Taipei. We stayed there for 6 nights.

However W Taipei proved me wrong. This is one rare hotel that managed to combined avant grad design, fashion statement with full functionalities of a well thought out hotel. Stylish in every way possible yet the amenities were all there, easy to locate and use. The room lightings were bright enough and dim enough as you want it. That said, the rooms were abit modest in size although very comfortable and cosy.

On top of that, services were excellent. Check in was painless, front desk were all very helpful with arranging for reservations. Housekeeping were prompt and efficient. A test of quality service is the time it takes for a call and have the request attended to. For this, I cannot find any fault with this hotel. And they all serve you with warmth that goes with efficiency - not an easy quality to find. We were served some complimentary snacks concocted by the hotel in our room; it was a nice touch and delicious. Probably indicative of a good hotel confectionery.

We had a room with a view of Taipei 101. It cost more and in my opinion, not really a big deal. Nice to have but you can live without it. Not like it was lit up brilliant each night and the lights goes off by 10 anyway.

The main restaurant for breakfast and lunch was so so. Nothing to write home about.
There is a very happening lobby bar/club where the coolest people for Taipei hang out each night.

Location is great - MRT right at your door steps, walking distance to Sun Yat Sun memorial, Taipei 101 and many other department stores. Great for those who need their mall shopping fix. 10min cab ride from Raohe and Tonghua Night markets.

Would have given it score of 5 if not for their rather mediocre lunch and breakfast. And the modest sized room.

All in - a very pleasant stay and very highly recommended. I should put it a 4.5/5 but trip advisor has not 1/2s :)

Room Tip: Not really necessary to pay more for Taipei 101 view. Not a big deal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Navigator22,

Thank you for this detailed review on us. We are thrilled to know that we refreshed your impressions towards W Hotels with our prompt and warmth services during your stay. It is our pleasure and honor to make you a home away from home experience in Taipei. On the other hand, your feedback towards our the kitchen table has been well noted for future improvement.
We feel regret that the dining experience in our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for your valuable review that gave us a chance to do better. We sincerely look forward to your next visit for another wonderful W stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Finding some time to write this review because I think they deserve it. Stayed in W Taipei since opening till today and I decided to fly to Taipei to celebrate its 3rd birthday. As a Platinum member, you will always get surprises and room upgrades. Not only you will get fantastic room facing Taipei 101, you get fantastic service. I managed to get all the 3 gifts specially for the 3rd anniversary. Some experience that I get from the staff was Wonderful. Three talents have given me a wonderful experience. One of them, fifi who brought the welcome gift to the room have gone the extra mile to ensure that everything in the room was in order and ask me to look for her if there are anything that I need. Next is another talent at Yen Restaurant but din manage to get her name. She remember me when I went for the party in the late evening at woo bar and she greeted me. Last talent, Stone was the most impressive one. As I wanted to collect the 3rd anniversary shaker but I do not take alcohol so he actually do one mojito that has no alcohol for me. This really impress me with such exceptional service and request that I have. No words to describe the happiness that i had there until you tried the W experience on your own and that is why I liked W so much

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Bobgh80,

Great, great, great thanks to you for flying to Taipei to celebrate our birthday with us! It is such a wonderful thing that we could have your support since we opened in 2011. Your recognition towards us and our talents in particular is truly the best birthday gift to us. Wish you a very pleasant 2014, and we always welcome your back again and again from the deepest of our heart.

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

W Taipei is equally impressive as the top W establishments in Asia, I rank W Taipei in the same league as W HK and W Seoul. The commanding views overlooking the airport on one side and downtown on the other side provide a great view of Taipei. The Woobar overlooking the outdoor pool is an impressive ambiance for a dip or drinks.

W Taipei offers a unique W experience. The staff are attentive, extremely courteous, professional and helpful. All points you will come to not only appreciate but thankful for non-Chinese speakers. Everything you expect a W Hotel.

The ambiance in the lobby and rooms with a chic modern Chinese, Western fusion blended decor is refreshingly different while not forgetting the comforts of home. Unlimited drinks during Happy Hours for SPG Platinum/Gold members is great any night of the week to sit back, relax and soak in the atmosphere.

A fantastic team that continually caters to guests needs at every opportunity to deliver a truly W for Wonderful experience.

W Taipei exceeds the standard for W hotels around the world.

Room Tip: High floors, corner rooms overlooking downtown or airport in the distance as you watch planes take o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear NCheok,

Great appreciations to your excellent review on us! We are pleased to know that you received an unique W experience during your stay and found our talents attentive and helpful. Your wonderful recognition truly encourages us to keep providing the heart-touching services to all our respectful guests like you. We would love to see you back again to us as W Taipei will always be your home away from home in this happening city.