“Nice & Convenient”

Ranked #11 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong
“Nice & Convenient”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights last Christmas.
Nice property, as expected of a W hotel. Our room was lovely and very spacious. Front staff were young, friendly and energetic, and concierge was always eager to help.
W Hotel is situated in Xinyi, a very nice and newer district of Taipei. Location of the hotel is convenient with subway station just around the corner. The famous Eslite Store is right next door and 101 is reachable within 10 mins walk.
Will return if we visit Taipei again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear TPHK,

Thank you for sharing you lovely W Christmas experience with us! We are thrilled to know that you like our spacious room, friendly talents and the convenient location. Please do come back and let us provide you another wonderful stay soon!

W Taipei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Excellent location with subway, bookstores and department stores within walking distance. Airport transfer was a breeze. The staff was at the entrance when we arrived and check in took less than 5minutes. The room was clean and well maintained. Every staff was friendly and gave helpful advice for our traveling plans. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CandiceWang
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear CandiceWang,

Thank you for your great review! We loved to know that you found our hotel convenient in location, the airport transportation and the check in like a breeze, and talents all friendly and helpful! Look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another wonderful stay.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the W Taipei and the stay overall was really amazing. From the moment we left the departure gate to the moment we got back at the airport 4 days later. The staff was friendly, fun, professional and anticipated on the complexity of requests with 3 rooms, 5 adults and 4 young children. The pricing is definitely not the most economical in a destination like Taipei (a la carte coffee at almost HKD70), but the facilities and employees make it a fun, luxury and therefore good value for money place to be. Our kids absolutely loved the hotel and we unanimously agreed that the W Taipei is a must stay hotel when you go to the city. We would love to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear DutchieLa,

What a wonderful review to start off our day! We appreciate your awesome review and happy to know that you have enjoyed the stay with us. It’s our honor to be named a “must stay hotel” for the visitors who come visit. Look forward to welcoming you and your little ones back again for another fun trip in the lovely city of Taipei.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am just wrapping up a multi-night stay at the W Hotel in Taipei. The best way to describe it is that it is EXACTLY a typical W hotel. If you like the W Hotel style you will love it. If you don't then this hotel probably is not the best choice.

The location is excellent. It is right in the middle of the new downtown area, one block away from the iconic 101 Taipei building. (My room looks right onto 101 Taipei - amazing site.) It is in the middle of the business area, and there are many, many options for shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, etc all within easy walking distance.

When I write that it is a typical W, here is what I mean: it is very, very hip. The workers all dress like models, there is loud, pumping music, flashing lights in the elevators and main areas, and appears to be quite the local scene for hanging out. For me (and this is personal preference), this is not what I look for. It does not make it a quite place after work, and it is very difficult to pop down to the bar for a quick bite or a drink (you need reservations in the bar because of the popularity.)

That being said (and again, this is personal preference), here is what I really liked about the W:
1) Staff is very courteous and helpful. Service could not be better.
2) The breakfast buffet is over-the-top incredible. I am not a buffet type of person, but I made an exception here.... really good and enough that you can skip lunch;
3) Incredible gym. It takes up an entire floor, has top of the line equipment (and lots of it), and has incredible views;
4) Rooms are very nice, modern and up to date. (Bose speakers on the walls, rainforest type showers, electric blinds, etc.) The rooms themselves, as opposed to the main areas, are very quiet.
5) Location

What I did not like, which is more me than the hotel, is the "hipness" of the place. I like a quieter hotel. But, this is the W brand, so really no surprised.

The reason I dinged it a star is because it is so crowded in the main areas. I found that quiet annoying (would be very nice if they carved out a lounge area just for hotel guests, even if there was an extra fee.)

Room Tip: see if you can get a view of 101 Taipei
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Goldenbear96,

Great thanks for your thorough review on us. We are happy that you loved our location, the room design, the spectacular Taipei 101 view, the helpful service, the incredible breakfast and gym. Based on your preference, we suggest that you could unwind a tranquil time with a glamorous Taipei 101 view at our YEN Bar on the top floor, a quieter place for a quick bite or drink next to the YEN Chinese Restaurant. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we sincerely wish to see you again soon for another unique and enjoyable stay.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Modern and chic rooms (if you're the kind who likes the word 'chic'). I arrived here expecting great service, excellent facilities, and a memorable time. I left here thinking about the smiles, reminiscing over pictures of my room, and wondering about the what-ifs and the what-if-nots. There's no doubt that Taipei's W falls nowhere short of being one of the most gorgeous properties impressed above the city today..

I almost didn't spend anytime inside the hotel. For the moments that I shared, I actually enjoyed the drinks at the bar. Messaged a friend one photo from the pool and she texted back "Wet". It made me half smile. The next day was rainy but I still took the walk around to the adjacent malls. I didn't go to 101. When I got back to the room, I discovered that my shoes, socks, and feet were all wet. I smiled all the way.

The W is one of those hotels that you start missing once you check in. I didn't realize that this would happen to me until I was gone. On check out day I still remembered her face. She was still there when I turned my head to look one last time in the rain.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room that faces the 101. Say its your first time in Taipei. Say you need to sleep l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PhucDong
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear PhucDong,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful review with us. We can truly feel your love towards us from your poetic words. It makes us feel grateful that we could have you with us, who had explored so much wonderfulness at the W Taipei. Although Taipei is still raining at this moment, we are smiling from our heart while reading your compliments. We sincerely look forward to your next visit for another enchanting experience.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I will pass all wonderfull aminities W is providing, including this amazing Shaker cocktail placed in your room...

The following story will show to all how dedicated W Taipei team is: coming back from south Taiwan my girlfriend found out that she lost her Tiffany's Teddy Bear.

As we stayed only 1 night in Taipei before catching my flight the next day (check in 6pm, flight 12pm next day), i could escape to go shopping as we were enjoying the facilities of the W.

So i have asked Mike (Welcome Manager) to see if possible to find the same lost Teddy Bear and buy it for me. He directly showed me a passionated enjoyement to acheived this challenge. He mentioned to me, my team (Howard and the rest of the team) and i love challenge, just tell me what you need and will do it.

So got the photo of the Teddy Bear from the net sent to him and his team kept me informed with great discretion the follow up of their such. I had to posponed my flight few hours later to insure they could get the time to do their such in Taipei Tiffany's shop to insure i could give to my girlfirend before checkin out.

Just before the check out time, while passing the lobby, the welcome desk called me made me signed the charges posted to my room and gave me the small Tiffany's bag and a card made from the W team stating "Surprise" along with some cute drawings.

They have succeeded to give us a real great moment which will has touched me and my girlfirend from their discreation and commitment to make us satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tristan d
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Tristan d,

Thank you for sharing this lovely story with us! It’s definitely our honor and responsibility to fulfill your request, as our Whatever/Whenever service commitment. And we feel truly happy that our precious guests like you could enjoy a perfect time not only during your stay but the entire trip. Wish you all the best in Shanghai, and we sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in four W hotels and visited a handful more and have to say this is my favorite one. Unlike some of the Ws where I think they try too hard to project a hip image at the expense of functionality, the W Taipei works. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, lobby and bar are nice and where I enjoy hanging out. The location is convenient. The gym is really nice and many people may not know that there's a very big changing room on that same floor with saunas, steam room and a few hot tubs! My only complaint is that the pool staff are a little lacking. The one day I spent by the pool I had to ask the staff twice for literally everything - they were not proactive in basic things like bringing us towels, opening umbrellas, after asking several times for the menu I then had to ask several times to order something. A shame!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Candy S,

Thank you for staying at W Taipei and sharing your review with us. We are glad and proud to be your favorite W hotel with the convenient location and a fabulous work-out environment at FIT gym. It's a pity that our service at WET pool didn’t meet your expectation and have already taken actions to enhance it. We appreciate your valuable feedback and please do come back again to see our improvement.