1. The Fantastic room, which comes with a large futon that can double as a single bed. We actually did use the futon for our son who joined us for one night.
2. The touch-less toilet where the seat goes up and comes down due to the motion sensors.
3. The helpful Whatever/Whenever staff who patiently answered all my questions and provided cards in English/Chinese for me to hand to taxi drivers, etc.
4. The friendly cleaning ladies.
5. Free nightly Happy Hour for elite members at the Yen and Woo bars.
This is obviously the new trendy Taipei hotel that everyone is talking about. Our local friends were all very interested in seeing our room. Two incidents that I encountered are telling. A taxi driver commented on the staff uniform. According to him, black T-shirts should not be a uniform. I, on the other hand, have no problem with what the staff wears, as long as they are professional and helpful.
On another occasion, three young men entered the elevator with me. They were complaining about the staff's attitude toward them because the young men didn't look like they were rich enough to patronize the hotel.
Yes, attitude definitely plays a part at this hotel. It's okay to be hip and trendy, but why not be pleasant and friendly, also?
And for a five-star hotel, please buy some new bath towels that are bigger and not so flimsy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Xinyi District, home to W Taipei, there pulses a neon current, creating a sanctuary where serenity meets energy. Here, an endless stream of people, ideas and technology fuses Taipei's rural surroundings with its urban core. From the vibrant markets, theatres and nightclubs to the iconic Taipei 101, everything-even the sky- is electrified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your W Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Taipei Hotel Taipei