“Hip, young and modern Taipei”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #10 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Manhasset, New York
“Hip, young and modern Taipei”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

After years at the Sherwood, I decided it was time for a change. Since there is no Marriott in Taipei I chose the W. While I am not ready to leave the Marriott for good, the W Taipei certainly has me thinking about it! The hotel is clean, perfectly located and full of life. The staff as beyond excellent and the lobby bar was full (weekend nights) of a good mix of guests and locals all having a good time. It was not a pretentious or unwelcoming mix of people. The bar staff was superb, yet very busy making complicate cocktails to the delight of those that sat at the bar.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, I would get a room that faces the 101 Taipei instead of the pool. I am not ce...
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Stewart J,

Hooray! We are totally blown away by reading your words. It is indeed our pleasure to provide a wonderful stay at W Taipei, especially the excellent service and great vibes at our WOOBAR. We do appreciate your review and would love to welcome you again soon for another superb W experience.

W Taipei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I love the vibes in Taipei - W Hotel.
Well trained team, great location, top cocktail bar and good vibes all the way around.
Me and my friend had a great time at the bar venue by the pool, wow -- lots of beautiful guests.
I'll highly recommend to all travelers going to Taiwan.

Room Tip: Be kind and you will get a great room location.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear DeanKellyJr,

Great thanks for your compliment towards W Taipei. We are extremely gratifying to know that you had such a wonderful time when stayed with us. Please do come back again next time when you travel to Taiwan and let us grant you another top W stay experience.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

As a SPG gold member , we travelled Taipei with my family and brother and sister family , total with three rooms for 3 nights stayed at W hotel Taipei . The hotel staffs are very nice , specially the concierge service , they helped us a lots . The rooms are so comfortable and clean. The location are so convenience. Near bookstore, convenience stores , department store and restaurants. However, we won't stay at that hotel starting from next trip because of bad experience. After the trip, I find out my credit card statement that the hotel charged my wife extra two nights fee for no show up fee because my wife had booked two rooms in her name already by mistake but I didn't know that . Actually if we give all our passports to the staff, they will find out my wife arrived and we have four confirmation with five rooms . Then they will cancel two rooms for us. The story will be changed . Finally , the hotel staff Erica agreed to pay back my wife one night charge and we learn an expensive lesson. Actually , that is very good hotel. Highly recommend.

Stayed August 2014
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Samuel826,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a lot for our comfortable room, convenient location and the professional and warm service provided by our talents. Appreciate for your continuous support for being a loyalty SPG member and your understanding regarding to our hotel cancellation policy. Great thank you again for your recommendation, and we love to welcome you and your family back again soon.

With Best Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I don't like W Hotels. They typically embrace style over substance and have indifferent staff members who provide lackluster customer service. I read here on TripAdvisor that the W Taipei was different, so I decided to give it a shot. I am so happy that I did.

It's true, this is not the typical W Hotel. Sure, it is loud in the lobby on Friday and Saturday night and they have large, rowdy pool parties. But the staff (or "talent" in W speak) are incredible. They deeply care about making sure you have a great stay. I received an e-mail from Michael, one of the F&B managers, a few days before my arrival, welcoming me to the hotel. My first morning at breakfast, he came to my table and introduced himself in person. He helped me throughout my stay and even after my stay with a final question I had about the hotel.

The room was outstanding. It was large and modern with a huge bathroom that had a giant spa style tub, shower, and the most advanced toilet I have ever seen (much more so than the models I have experienced in Japan). The bed and pillows were so comfortable I ended up buying their pillows for my home.

The location of the hotel is excellent, directly on top of the City Hall MRT stop. You can walk to Taipei 101 and all of the shops and restaurants around City Hall and Taipei 101.

It was a great stay. I'll be back the next time I am in Taipei.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Benjamin V
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear bw331,

Your review just made our day. It is true that we are aiming to deliver the exciting W fun while providing the personalized service to all our lovely guests. And we are thrilled to know that you do enjoy the whole stay with us, especially our signature W Bed. Your recognition towards Michael has been well transmitted, and it would definitely encourage us to keep providing the most attentive cares to each of our guests. Deeply thank you for this great review, and we are also looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been traveling to Taipei for a little over 6 months now and I have been staying at the W every week. The service was great from the start and just kept getting better the longer I was there.

The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is in excellent condition. Great gym and restaurants on site.

The location is ideal; near public transportation, food, bars, shopping and 101.

Only place I would stay if/when I come back!

wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear OJA122,

We could not be happier to read your amazing review. It’s our pleasure to know that you enjoy our hotel in many aspects, especially the friendly and helpful service from our talents. Thank you for your kind words, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 August 2014

a very moderen style hotel in an excellent central location in Taipei
rooms have moderen design, however still comfortable.
food is good and both dinner buffet and breakfast buffet are very rich
service was very good as well

wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear AM3108,

Welcome back and thank you for the excellent feedback! Glad to know you had a great time again with our modern décor, excellent location, great food and professional service. Great appreciation for your continuous support, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more at our hotel!

Best Regards,
Taipei
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a fantastic suite facing Taipei 101. From airport transfer to poolside service we felt as if we owned the property. As soon as we arrived the staff quickly and efficiently checked us in with little to no wait for our room. We had been communicating with the concierge prior to arrival so it felt like everyone already knew who we were when we arrived. The staff makes an effort to recognize and use your name at every turn. We even got to meet the executive chef and hotel manager. In addition, Matthew who was the first executive to greet us made sure we had every accommodation and he even gave my daughter a gift. As a Starwood member we also received many extras such as free internet, daily snacks and free cocktails. The service here is second to none. They even tracked down my lost iPhone in a random taxi using the CCTV and it was returned within 1 hour. They would not take my tip and I was very insistent and they refused. I highly recommend this property for the exceptional service and close proximity to shopping and Taipei 101. We will definitely be coming back to the property and wish them the very best. They are family.

• Stayed August 2014
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Shaffrey1,

Your review just made our day! Great appreciation for rating us as a 6-star hotel! We are ecstatic to know that you enjoyed every aspect during your stay, from our seamless and personalized service, hassle free check in, fantastic room with Taipei 101 view, to the sweet little surprise we arranged for your little daughter. Thank you again for your compliment, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon so to bring you again a second to none W stay!

With Best Regards,