“Great hotel stay as always”

Ranked #14 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore
“Great hotel stay as always”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Only managed to secure a reservation for 1 night as their triple room is too popular. This is one of the few hotels in Ximending that offers a triple room option. It's my 2nd visit to the hotel, and as usual, it did not disappoint. In the lobby itself is Internet access, a weighing scale (for luggage), toilet amenities and souvenirs for purchase. The staff are always excellently polite and friendly. Our room wasn't ready yet at 2pm, so they let us deposit our luggage at the front desk first. The staff even helped us call to check with the TV station if we could be part of the TV audience for a variety show. The distance of the hotel to the shopping district is less than 3 mins walk. They even have a washing machine with dryers available at their basement common area which we used to wash our dirty clothes. Although the rooms aren't that spacious, I do appreciate the cosy feeling and decor each room has. The bathroom is always immaculately clean and is a joy to shower in. A wonderful experience at this hotel. Thumbs up CityInn! I will put this place as my first choice every time I go to Taipei!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Jos_Katz:

We would like to thank you for your valuable comments as well as your patronage of Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch very soon.

Cityinn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for the second time for 5 nights with my family of 5 adults and 1 infant. All I can say is we are extremely happy and grateful with services we received. The hotel is strategically located near ximending with shopping malls n train station n convenient stores just minutes away. We stayed in the elegant view room and a triple sharing room. The rooms are not very big but very clean.You can do laudry for free at the lower floor of the hotel. The best part of this hotel is the services by the staffs. They are all very helpful n very thoughtful esp miss iris wong. Since I travel with my 13 months old baby, they automatically provide me a baby bath tub to be used in bath tub as well with 5 days supply of chicco baby bath lotions. They even realised my dad birthday and suprise him with a birthday cake n card. To sum up, this is a small boutique hotel with great location and wonderful friendly staffs. Definitely will come back!

1 Thank felixluke81
ZackTsai, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear felixluke81:

Thank yo so much for this wonderful review on us. We appreciate your precious time and effort to finish this informational review in order to help other travelers understanding us more. It is our honor to serve you while you're in Taipei. We always treat our guest as one from our family hoping you would feel the same.

I am very glad to know that our service could meet your standard. I am also very happy our reception - Iris making an example of our service and thoughtful attitude.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch is always your home in Taipei.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2014

In term of service, this is best hotel I have ever stay!!
The staffs happened to know that we are taking our wedding photography in Taiwan thus they secretly arranged a little surprises for us
Really appreciate and thankful for their thought and efforts.

Room is clean and location is good too.

• Stayed March 2014
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. TTH24:

Thank you for staying at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests; we sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The room is clean though it is a little small. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The hotel is located very near to Ximen station (can reach via Exit 3 or 4). It is located just opposite FE21.Washing machines and dryers are provided for hotel guests. I will choose to stay here again when I visit Taipei.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Tristynbf:

Many thanks for taking your precious time to share your experience with all the travelers on Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you were enjoyed your stay with us and satisfied with the location, cleanliness and service. We look forward to welcoming you soon in the near future. :)\

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean little hotel; very close to Ximen MRT station. Only a 2 block walk to the Ximending shopping/nightlife area, but in a quieter area.
The front desk and cleaning staff are all very friendly and efficient.
The rooms are modern style, but not spacious. Rooms at the front have windows, rooms at the back have a frosted glass window in the bathroom, rooms at the side no window.
Like many "modern" hotels I have stayed at, there is a lack of places for hanging clothing, no drawers, only one towel hook in the bathroom, no shelves in the bathroom. In my opinion the hotel owner should have to stay here for a week, to see how inconvenient that is.
Overall, not my favourite hotel, but I would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. danmango:

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your comments and suggestions with Cityinn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch. It is joyful to know you like our location and service and your kind suggestion for the in-room storage space has been noted, we will try the best to solve this problem. Once again, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

singapore
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is my third stay with the hotel and I am still amazed by their great service. The hotel is located outside Ximen MRT exit #4 (walk straight, it's on the left across the road), and allows free usage of the washing machine. The rooms are clean, though walls are a little thin (we could hear people talking at the corridor). All in all, Cityinn plus remains my top choice accommodation in Taipei, simply because their service is amazing and location great. Service staff always have a smile on their faces and they make me feel like Cityinn is my home in Taipei. Thumbs up for a great job done!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ZackTsai, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear icyparadi:

Thank you very much for your precious time to leave a wonderful review on us. I am glad to know that our service could give you a warm feeling. It is our honor to serve you during your trip in Taipei. On behalf of all staff in CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, I thank you for choosing us as your home in Taiwan.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Here is your home in Taipei.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Room size was decent.
Location was good, just slightly opposite Ximen exit 4. I consider it to be at the quieter part of XMD, lotsa eateries near the hotel; to get to the heart of XMD, we need to cross 2 roads at the traffic junction.
All the hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, all had no problems giving us advice on directions. You know they are thoughtful when they even put together a list of hotsprings places at Xinbeitou!
The hotel basement is a rest area where hot beverages are available; this is a hit with guests as we see many guests eat in and mingle! They also provide washer and dryer for guests to do laundry.
We totally enjoyed our 4N stay!

Dear Phyllis P:

Thank you for your precious time to write a review on us. It is our honor to serve you while you were in Taipei. On behalf of all staffs in CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, I thank you for choosing us as your home in Taipei.

I am glad that you like our location and basement facility. Further more, I feel comfort that our friendly staff did provide helpful service to you. I believe our receptionists were very happy that they could be helpful.

Thank you very much for your comments on us. It always helps us to improve and to be better. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.