“Nice themed hotel but poor location”
Review of Sato Castle Motel

Sato Castle Motel
Ranked #204 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice themed hotel but poor location”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Location: it nears subway station however this station is not centrally located in the town. It takes at least half an hour to town (by subway), 20 mins by cab. It's not near to most of the attractions, the only attraction here is the Miramar Entertainment Park (the ferris wheel). There is nothing nearby the hotel. When I say nothing, I mean there is no local food eateries or market you can shop. You gotta walk to Miramar shooping mall to find food and it's not cheap and it doesnt taste nice.
Room: very nice decoration, it's spacious, huge bathroom with large jaccuzi, clean and comfy, king size bed. At the room rate we paid, we can only check in at 10pm.
Facility: there is a restaurant at level 6. Breakfast selection is not a lot, just basic. No swimming pool. Adult channels. Rooms located in level 3 are generally smaller as it comes with garage.

If you are looking for unique experience, this is the place. However, I would not recommend this to budget traveller or if you are looking for better location hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at level 6 if you are not driving, larger room without garage
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We chose to stay at this motel because of the theme room, and we were really curious about how a motel should look like. We booked 3 room, Aladdin, Doraemon and Popeye theme. The deco is impressive. The bathroom is big, with rain shower, a big bathtub (Jacuzzi). The room is actually meant for couple but I guess it’s alright to bring children along; they can just “swim” in the bathtub.
Drinks and snacks in the room are free of charge; small plate of fruit is given too. We have a really good bath and good sleep that night. The bed and the pillow is very comfortable. The only thing we are not satisfied with in our Doraemon room is the EXIT signage board. I wonder it was only found in my room and the signage light did disturb me once I switched off the room light. There was a little smoky smell in my sister’s room as well, we guessed the room was just checked out.
We reached at the hotel after 6 p.m. as we were told that we can only check in after 6 p.m. After settled down with our luggage, we walked to a shopping complex nearby, it took about 5 minutes. My mum and I went to Carrefour in the mall (We did not know what else to do). There are some food stall in the mall, looks not bad. My other family members went to the Miramar Entertainment Park, and they took a ride on the Ferris wheel. According to them, it was interesting as the wheel is really high into the sky. Heard there is a famous theme restaurant nearby, we didn’t go because we had taken our dinner at the night market before checked in. We went back to our room quite early because the room is really cozy.
Light buffet breakfast, serve fried rice, porridge, some other dishes and bread. Not to say a good one, but just nice to fill our stomach. The staff of the motel is quite helpful, either the receptionist or the housekeeping, always polite and answer all of our questions politely.
I’ll recommend this motel for those who wants to experience a stay in motel, for it nice deco and comfortable bed. You can just spend whole night in the room, enjoying the room.

Room Tip: Saw some rooms are quite near to the lift near to the breakfast restaurant, could be noisy during br...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gsyee
Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The themed rooms are impressive and nicely deco. Bathroom are huge (I think it is bigger than the bedroom). Rooms are clean, people are nice and polite. Walking distance to the 剑南路MRT station and shopping mall. Located in quiet residential area but there's a night market (only on Sunday, I think) nearby that sell all the local delicacies. I have no problem with check-in time, as my flight arrived late in the evening. Since it's garage motel, you may get the taxi driver to drive all the way up and drop you at your room's doorstep. It's very convenience especially when you got lots of things to be carried into the room. Breakfast is so so, limited number of choice but it is good to kick start your day...

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Serena_LimHJ
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Waited a while as I was unable to check in early. Worth the short wait! Upon entering the rooms, I am super impressed with my room. the bathing facilities, the decoration to the theme. location is also ideal to national palace museum.

1 Thank JessicaLXW
Reviewed 27 August 2013

For the full review and pics:

The first castle motel was opened in the year 1973 at Tokyo, located in Meguro district. It caught the attention of the people at that time as it was modeled after a European castle.The idea of an European castle symbolize romance, fantasies and it is really apt for a love hotel to have that image.
Sato Castle Motel is located just beside Wego Hotel. It is only about 3 minutes walk away. It is about 5 minutes walk away from Miramar Entertainment Park. To reach Sato Castle Motel, it is only a 10 min slow walk from the train station, Jianan Road Station. If you were to take cab, it is actually very near to the famous Shilin Night Market and Raohe Street Night Mark. But if you were to take train to these 2 locations, it would take quite a while.

Sato castle motel just like her Chinese name, it is a fantasy that come true. The rooms are designed to allow guests to enter a fantasy world of movies and fairy tales. There are 51 Guest rooms decorated with movie themes such as Superman, The Matrix. If you like fairy tales, there are Cinderella rooms. I vaguely recalled watching a variety program that actually does photoshoot in these rooms due to its interesting decoration.Sato Castle takes security really seriously. There actually sweep the place for spy cameras. I think this act is very assuring to the guests.Check in timing: 1900. The reason why we had to check in so late is because we were there to stay overnight. From 1300-1900: they actually open up the rooms for those couple that choose to just take a short break (2-3hrs) Since we reached the hotel early, we passed our luggage to the carpark attendant who was also performing the duty of a receptionist. What is a castle without a Knight to welcome us?At 1900: we retrieved our luggage and checked in to our hotel. I am so excited about our motel room as I was wondering which theme room would my hub choose. Indeed, the motel spares no expenses in making the castle looks real.As expected, my hub chose LAS VEGAS theme. It costs him NT3680. I seriously think there is a gambling streak in him. The doors are decorated with Spade King and Heart Queen.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

First time tried themed room and also motel. The location is within walking distance to the nearest MRT station. It is more suitable for couples instead of family as the room and bathroom are specially designed for couples. (Not to mention there are adult channels)
I was staying at the Cinderella-themed room. The moment you opened the door, it looks so fantasy! Pumpkin bed! It is the most comfy bed ever. Really thumbs up for the bed.The bathroom is really surprisingly spacious. Its even bigger than the bedroom. But the decoration is a little creepy. Dare not to stay alone at the bathroom.

Breakfast is included but not that great. Just normal meal. And the check-in time. I have to wait until 10pm to check in. (Usually weekday is 6pm) Not enough time to enjoy the room!

Overall it was a pleasant room. There are plenty of theme that you can choose. Highly recommended for those who wants something special.

6 Thank IreneOoi91
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Truly an experience as we don't have anything like this sort of hotel where I am from. Each rooms are themed and there is a car garage, shall you wish to drive - really interesting concept.

Anyhow, I really wanted the Cinderalla-themed room, but it was all booked. Instead, we had the thai-themed room and well, nothing short of spectacular. The rooms are massive! You are definitely getting more than what you paid for. This type of hotel is definitely perfect for couples seeking a romantic fun-filled getaway from reality. Not recommended for families with children, I felt.

The front desk service should learn to be a little more friendly because I felt that they were annoyed with us when we were asking them questions.

1 Thank Miki C