“over priced average italian food”

Osteria by Angie (Guangfu shop)
Ranked #371 of 12,632 Restaurants in Taipei
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Osteria serves truly authentic Italian cuisine , cooked with passion by chef and co-owner Giorgio Pappalardo. Osteria offer a sleek and simplistic interior that comprises a surprising element which encourages social interaction with a brand new dining concept. Focusing on communal dining, dishes at Osteria come in sharing portions so guests can enjoy an informal dining experience and sample more tantalizing creations by the chef.
Los Angeles, California
“over priced average italian food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Yes, i went to this Italian restaurant and had their food, its ok not bad, but also not so great, the menu does not offer too many varieties, it does not offer osso bucco, it does not offer lasagna, and many other items, also their desert not so attractive and over priced.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Johnracey

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Izu
“I needed a day out from Chinese food”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After over two weeks of Chinese food I felt I needed a change and go back to my Mediterranean roots. Unlike other comments I must say that I enjoyed my experience at this restaurant. I went with my husband and we ordered the set menu with cod as main. It came with several appetizers, a soup, pasta, fish,in our case, and dessert. It was tasty and quite correct Italian food, in a USA style of Italian. The expresso extra cost was good and the Argentinian wine a litle pricier but alcohol is where restaurants can get their benefit. The bread with the olive oil plus balsamico was a nice touch and we had seconds. It is probably not cheap for Taiwanese standards but if you want to eat foreign food you should be aware of the cost involved. The waiters were doing their best to please and serve. When the place filled up the service became slower, but nothing to complain about. In summary a nice place if you need a change of tastes. It is true that the tables are bit closer but that is becoming a feature in many places, land is expensive! If I were to complain it would be that the place can become a little too noisy. Customers tend to be loud after some drinks specially because they come here for some celebration. I would certainly recommend the restaurant. My polenta with foie gras was nice and the cod was well prepared. The cod is what in Japan is known as gindara, soft and a little oily, delicious and a true expensive delicacy in Japan

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Odoriko
Singapore
“Below average and disappointing ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Wanted a nice Italian restaurant with good wine menu and a friend recommended this place. The decor was nice and open kitchen gives a nice Italian feel to atmosphere. We order appetizers, soup and mains. The duck liver terrine was lovely and I was looking forward to the rest of course. Unfortunately the soup didn't came but the mains came first instead. OK.. Fine, they forgot about the soup. My pasta was basically a vongole which was a simple Italian dish that is hard to go wrong. Just clams, olive oil, and white wine. But it turn out to be stinky and almost inedible. I had to return the dish and they apologized and offered with another dish. I rejected as my stomach was feeling bad already . The other pasta with pork sausage and tomato was OK. Seriously this is not a cheap place by Taiwan standards but this place really disappointed.

1 Thank Stektan
“My 1st experience and the last!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

atmosphere- if u make a booking for 2, prepare urself to dine with another 2 strangers because the tables are sooo closed to each other. Guess what? the guest next to me spilled her water, on thier table, on the floor between our table, on my feet and even on my friend's seat!
service- 1st of all, ur staff lack of knowledge of the f&b that u're selling. 2nd, please make sure that ur staff knows the steps of service, for example, I only got my bread after the salad and app were half way done. 3rd and the worst, they just let the table that been spilled next to us unclean. The guests finished their dessert just like that! Guess where our napkins were? We helped them cleaned without the staff getting us another clean ones. The only thing we could do was taking out our own tissues!
value- I don't mind to spend much more money, but ur food are not worth of the price.
food- overall disappointed! As u might think that Taiwanese don't know about western cuisine, and which u are totally wrong. Go to other countries and try the Italian restaurants there and make some change!
overall- I was looking forward to dining there though I knew the comments on tripadvisor mostly negative. Ur pictures on the website attracted me and the reputation of being selected of Asain's 101 best restaurants. Well it's time to make reflections!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank ElleChiang
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
“Amazing Italian in Taipei”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

The most polite staff serving real deal Italian in a wonderful setting. Beautiful room, beautiful food. One of the best filets we've ever had anywhere - melt in your mouth good.??the prawns were out of sight. Desert was homemade and amazing. Get the sampler. Head chef is from Florence and available to chat.

• Visited July 2013