“Best steamboat ever!”

Cuisines: Taiwanese
Singapore, Singapore
“Best steamboat ever!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Love this steamboat! Freeflow soft drinks in vintage glass bottles! Freeflow haagan diaz and meiji ice cream. The pork & beef is excellent! Will always go back there whenever I go TW. But rmb to make reservation first before going!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kittytan7

• Korean first
Makati, Philippines
“Why I love eating Mala spicy hotpot in Man Tang Hong, Taipei”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I discovered mala hotpot in Taipei on my first visit last April when I asked our tour guide where I can go for a hotpot dinner. And he told us to go to Man Tang Hong.

It's here where I discovered mala hotpot and I keep coming back every time I visit Taipei. And it is worth every trip.

There are three types of soup offered. So pick mala spicy soup and choose a non-spicy soup for the other half of the hotpot. For those who are used to spicy hotpot, Man Tang Hung's mala spicy soup with duck blood and fried tofu is just perfect. In fact, you hardly need to dip your food in any of the sauces if you cook them in the delicious spicy broth.

All you can eat hotpot costs NT$499 which includes unlimited amount of imported beef, lamb, shrimp, fish, chicken, clams, and other meat, seafood, and vegetables. The restaurant is also known for its handmade fresh shrimp balls and handmade fresh squid balls. They are worth trying.

Not to mention, the cost also covers unlimited amount of beverages (Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Nestea) and ice cream (Haagen Dazs and Meiji).

The place is very clean and well lit. The waitresses hardly speak in English so non-Mandarin speakers may have a bit of a tough time. But ask for the English menu so you would know what order to place.

Diners have a maximum of two hours to eat. The place is always full so if you can make a reservation a week in advance, it would be helpful (www.mantanghung.com.tw) especially if you plan to eat on peak hours. Otherwise, you can try your luck dropping by for late lunch or late dinner. Wait patiently and you will get a table. It will be worth it.

I love this place.