“Perfect place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of I Love Apple House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taipei
I Love Apple House
Ranked #56 of 240 Speciality Lodging in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect place to stay!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We (a group of 4) stayed in FarFarAway 5 for our graduation trip. On the day of our arrival, I gave Apple a call using the public phone in the airport and she gave me instructions on how to get to the apartment. The earliest time for us to check in was 11:30am but Apple made a special arrangement for us to check in at 11:00am as she knew that we arrived Taipei at 6:00am early in the morning. We took a heavy breakfast and we headed down to Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall station (along the blue line). I gave a call to Apple and she gave us the directions to get to the apartment. Convenient stores, shops, eating houses etc were nearby the apartment. I met Apple along the way to the apartment and she brought us to the beautiful apartment.

When we first stepped into the apartment, my friends and I were like "WOW!" as the apartment looked exactly like the pictures we saw online. We quickly settled down and put our luggage in the rooms. Apple then explained to us on how to use some of the electronic appliances provided. The apartment has air conditioners in all the bedrooms as well as the living room, wifi was rather fast (20 - 30 mbps), washing machine and television. The beds were very comfortable, rooms were very clean and there were enough hangers.

Unfortunately, due to the weather condition in Taipei, my girlfriend's back starts having rashes. I informed Apple her situation and she gave my gf some lotion (quite expensive) out of her own will. The lotions were very effective! Another incident that happened was that the shower water heater was not giving out hot water when bathing. I contacted Apple on this issue and within minutes Jennifer came down to check on the heater. After spending several minutes checking, Jennifer told me that the heater was working perfectly fine and she suspected that we operated the shower water heater wrongly (the heater had security mechanism installed). She then showed me the correct way to use the shower water heater.

In conclusion, we enjoyed our stay over at FarFarAway 5! I can easily reach Apple through Whatsapp and her replies were quick. Apple is easy to work with and will always try to satisfy her customers' requests. Thank you Apple! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Zhiyuanlai

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Malaysia
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Reasonable price, friendly staff, clean place. It is near to 师大夜市. However the place can be quite hard to find as it is along a back alley.

Only have 1 common toilet, which I find it's a bit inconvenient for me. Not suitable for families or people who wants more privacy.

Not very near to subway stations, need to have a bit of walking. Around the area doesn't have many restaurants, especially in the morning if you want to find place for breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Penang
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When we first booked into Applehouse 3, we were preparing to suffer, as it's in the Third floor, and we have our inlaws travelling with us. Well, it turn out to be a very nice place. The stairs are managable, there are three bedrooms, two toilets, kitchen and a big living room. We do not feel cramp or suffocated at all even though we are a party of 8. Two of the bedrooms are equipped with TV. All basic necessities such as Hair Dryer, WIFI , Microwave oven, Fridge etc. As the weather is cold, they even equipped two of the bedrooms with electronic blankets and heater. Very thoughtful of Apple and Jennifer. Well for the first night, we stayed at the Japanese room, and it seems that there were mosquitoes, my son got bitten like 12-15 stings on his face and hands, (my bad, as I did not wear long sleeves for him), anyway, when I tell apple about it in the morning, instantly she brought mosquito repellent for the house, and also Jennifer brought the "mosquito racquet" for my revenge at night. Their service is very prompt and friendly.

Location is within walking distance to the MRT, and it's easy to get taxi from the main road if you don;t feel like taking the train. Coffee house, market, are all within walking distance.

Cleanliness is good. It's an apartment, we should always clean up after ourselves. They will send people (I think) to clear the rubbish everyday. I have something to suggest - I think the kitchen needs a floor mat, as after washing dishes, the floor might be wet, and it will be cleaner if you have.

Another suggestions is to have room slippers! It's cold at night during winter! :P

All in all, this is a great stay, nothing to complain about at all, I would definitely recommend anyone who travel with family to book apple house for their stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked FarFarAway3 for our November trip but a few days before we were due to start, Apple contacted me to say that there is a problem with the apartment. The apartment is flooded due to a burst pipe. Imagine my horror and panic - where am I going to find accommodation for my family of 6 at this late stage! However, Apple offered us another apartment, that she was still doing up – but it has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. She said she will get it habitable for us by the time we arrive.
On the day of our arrival, I gave Apple a call from the airport as directed and she gave our driver instructions on how to get to the apartment. Right in the centre of town, near Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station, surrounded by shops, restaurants, 7/11, supermarkets etc. We were met by Jennifer, who showed us the apartment and explained that they still have a few things to fix and the beds to make up. We are able to leave our luggage and went for some lunch.
When we got back, the apartment was ready except for a few minor things. The apartment has air conditioners in all the bedrooms as well as the living and dining areas, cable tv, and great WiFi. All the beds are very comfortable. There are plenty of storage, hangers and sockets for charging all our electronic gadgets. A small safe for our documents would have been great – sorry Apple, I forgot to mentioned that when you asked.
Overall, from first contact to the end of our stay, it has been great. We communicated via WhatsApp and emails and replies had been very quick. Thank you Apple and Jennifer! My family and I will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Taipei.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The apartment is very nice design and comfortable with all the household and electrical stuffs. The owner is very nice and is a pretty girl. There is WiFi available as well if you would like to surf or working.

The only cons i would like to complain is hygiene. I think the cockroaches is here and there.
There was a night while I put my son to sleep, suddenly a cockroaches flies over my son head.

Overall is a nice place to stay especially travel with family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ally K
iloveapplehouse, Owner at I Love Apple House, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear customer , About cockroach incident, Before every customer check in , we do all deep cleaning for the apartment . We guess this incident maybe because of the windows are not closed, but we are very sorry for this incident during your stay and if you can let us know
in your stay that we can immediately slove this problem.
With your feedback shared, we shall all be motivated to do better and to prevent similar cases from happening again.
Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed in Apple House 3 for 4 nights in January 2013 (over New Year's Day).

Quiet at night as it is located in a residential area, but the train station (easily connected to the rest of Taipei) and food places are only a few minutes walk away. I had breakfast at a small stall that opens only in the morning near the entrance of the train station, and it was really good. Fantastic coffee across the street as well at a boutique cafe.

I really like Pineapple Room, which was the one I shared with a friend. Even though it's small, the heater provided a lot of warmth which was really comfortable. It could pose a problem to people who might want to lock their door at night though. We were bitten by mosquitoes (only our room) though it is probably due to the renovation work nearby + opening of our room's window (prevent carbon monoxide buildup from heater).

The rooms and bathrooms were clean, though the shared one had very little hot water, especially if the shower is on in the other bathroom at the same time. Notified the owners and they came by to check very quickly. The beds were comfortable and warm as well.

We did not do any cooking, but the kitchen was well-equipped.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank leepypy
Brunei
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed at apple house 1 for 3 nights,these is the one of the best minus I ever stayed,feel like home.got 3 bedrooms,living room,2 toilets,kitchen and washing machine. Everything is good except kitchen. Got gas stove but couldn't cook due to safety reason as per the landlady. Feel disappointed.Luckily with the rice cooker provided, the cooking problem is solved.Will definitely stay again in the near future.

This minsu price is cheap.charge nt14000 for 3 nights,it's worthwhile compare staying at hotel where the whole family can stay at the same unit and bigger space to walk ard.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment