“Nice Hotel and great location”
Review of Home Hotel

Home Hotel
Ranked #89 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“Nice Hotel and great location”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I went to Taipei with my mother and younger sister last Friday to Sunday and enjoyed staying in Home Hotel very much. I love the atmosphere and the decoration. As we stayed in suite so the room and washroom is nice and spacious. Hotel staff are so helpful and friendly (all the peoples I met in Taipei are so nice and friendly). The breakfasts were good although the restaurant is quite small but the quality of good is above standard. My mother felt uncomfortable about the lighting especially she felt that the corridor and the room was very dark (but I dont mind). Thanks to everyone here who left the comments about the noises of the pubs. I wrote to the hotel and requested higher floor and Hotel was so nice to arrange us to stay on 9 Floor but in Saturday night I still can hear the music from downstairs at 02:00 am but the noise is acceptable. Are there no noise control or no restrictions/rules etc in Taipei?. Feel sorry about those guests who stay on lower floors.

The location of the hotel is excellence. Just few mins walk to 101, Xinyi EliteBookStore, Shinkong Mitsukoshi and some local shopping malls. During the trip, we took taxi to Songs Shan Cultural Park and then walk back to hotel.

Would definitely consider this hotel for a future stay.

Room Tip: Pick Suite and ask for higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us good comments and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at Home Hotel with us. As to the lighting, we have noted this issue in your history record, so we will put an extra lamp in your room when we have an opportunity to serve you next time. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have happy travels.

Bert Hsu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Macau
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's our first trip bringing our baby along with a big group of family friends. We decide to choose a hotel with fair price but at at a good location. You can't beat the location of HOME hotel. It's in the middle of everything in Xinyi district. Very convenient, especially if you are bringing kids.
The hotel provides everything you need for a baby. quite nice but it's better if you book the "marvelous suite" which is more spacious but not too much more expensive. The room is clean and comfortable but it's a bit noisy in the middle of the night when you can hear noises from the streets.

Room Tip: Get the marvelous suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home. We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at Home Hotel, but one issue is about the noises from the streets, we are sorry for that. We will be honored if you choose Home Hotel next time, you could kindly tell us your preferences in advance, such as arranging a higher floor room for you. We are looking forward to serving you in the near future. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have happy travels.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week last March 23 and we were able to use two different types of rooms. Both rooms were great especially the semi suite. I forgot the name but it has an ante room for a 2 seater sofa and has tvs for the small living room and for the bedroom. the bedroom can be separated by a curtain for privacy. I especially liked the view especially while taking a shower, this is if you are a nudist, he he. Staffs are great. From the concierge at the ground floor, to the reception and also the staff manning the breakfast everyday. I once had to commend the chef for his special dish. I think it was the smoked duck breast. It was tasty and tender.

As i was on holiday, this hotel was a good jump off point to almost anywhere around taipei. During this trip, i was able to visit Yangmingshan and the Ping Hsi Railway. It was very enjoyable and i really had a good time travelling by myself. I also got a chance to ride a bike around the Xinyi area. The local government encourages people to use the bike to go around and it truly was a good idea. Renting it was a breeze. Just ask the hotel staff for assistance.

Wednesdays and Weekends tend to be noisy around the hotel because there are a number of clubs for yuppies just around the corner. Shopping was quite good too. I discovered that my favorite brand of clothing line was in T101 and they are the cheapest in Asia. I will definitely come back to taipei just because of this store.

I was also able to use the gym that the hotel provided. Its also around the corner and the gym was just impressive. Its one of the largest gym i have ever seen. I truly enjoyed it. Definitely a plus for people who go to the gym regularly.

As for sundries, there is a 24 hour convenience store just outside the entrance. A mere 20 big steps. I would suggest to get the higher floor for better view and lesser noise from the streets.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you wrote us good comments and which are a great encouragement to us; as to the floor arrangement, when you make a reservation next time, you could kindly tell us your preferences in advance, we will be glad to reach your expectation. Lastly, should you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you and have a good day!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my family. The room is okay. The location is really good, just take 5-10mins walk, you can reach '101 Tower', ' Eslite' and ' Mitsukoshi'.... And has a lots of good restaurants here... like 'Hutong'. The staff are friendly and helpful. But the breakfast can be improve, I reached the restaurant at 9:20 but the food seems almost finished and didn't refill.
Other than this issue, overall is good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us comments and we’re pleased that you enjoyed staying at Home Hotel. But regarding the breakfast, we will report this issue to our manager of F&B department to assure that this incident won’t be happened again. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have a good day!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We enjoyed a nice rest up for one night before flying out. Would definitely consider this hotel for a future stay.

My only complaint was the number of smokers surrounding the block from area restaurants and bars.

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us comments, which is a great encouragement to us to further improve our services. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please feel free to let us know. Thank you and have a wonderful trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed a day here in the Marvelous room and I enjoyed it. The lobby and cafe area design is meant to feel homely, and it does feel intimate. The folks are friendly and helpful too. The rooms are spacious like a suite (I guess, it's meant to be like a home) so you can't complain about the size. 2 tv sets with cable channels, 2 sinks, even a small kitchenette area, all nice facilities to have. Wifi is free and reliable. Good rain shower and very good spread for breakfast.

The location is terrific, near the 101 and good if you are around for business. The metro station is also just a short walk away.

That said, there are a few things which certainly can be improved. The room and dining area are rather dark, esp. at night. I guess it's supposed to be cosy, but with an aircondition system that doesn't adjust well, it was just dark and cold. The light switches by the bed were also quite unresponsive, so I had to go around the room turning out all lights before going to bed. The Japanese toilet seat system was also down (not that I mind). These are small quirks that didn't mar my experience by much. Overall I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
Hereby, we’d like to thank you for spending quality time to write us comments. Regarding the lighting, we have been changing light bulbs recently to make sure that all the rooms are brighter; secondly, our air conditioner is controlled by a central system, if you feel hot or cold, you can directly call front desk, and we will be pleased to adjust temperature for you; thirdly, our housekeeping will be checking all the rooms’ switches in order to avoid malfunction. We truly appreciate that you still enjoyed your stay at Home Hotel. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

After some days of hiking in the Syue Mountain, the bed & warm shower here are quite luxurious rewards for me. It's not exactly home, though close enough for a faraway place such as Taipei. I like the touches of wood in its interiors and its efforts of trying to be green & pro environment. The interior design is Asian contemporary. If it matters, their shampoo bottles are printed with eco-friendly inks. The minty body wash was well, too minty for some nooks & crannies. Their cute porcelain toothbrush cups could make nice travel souvenirs & are probably available for sale had I asked but didn't bother as my luggage was full.

Service was good enough with most questions and directions answered. Security is through room card elevator access. I can't complain with their breakfast either. It had more than enough variety for me. The fruits were delicious, especially the sweetest green melon ever. There's also free wifi in the hotel & desktop internet on the 3rd floor lobby.

This is the best location if you want to be in a cleaner, more cosmopolitan area in Taipei. It is the nearest hotel to Taipei 101 which is about 200 meters away. There are many restaurants & bars just outside the hotel to chill & people watch. This area is good for families too. The nearest MRT station is Xiangshan. Department stores & luxury brands are all over if getting rid of excess cash is your thing. Eslite was my favorite for home decor & artsy little stuff. Hike up to nearby Elephant Mountain for a free view of Taipei 101. Gorgeous sunset optional. Walk to Grand Hyatt for a bus ride to the airport at TWD 145. Might as well stay in Grand Hyatt if old world charm & chandeliers are your thing. My backpack would have been terribly out of place. Travel time on the slow bus is about 1.5 hrs. Prepare exact amount & hold on to your bills or a sudden gust of wind will snatch & sweep them under the bus like what happened to me. :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us comments, which are a great encouragement to further improve our services. We are so pleased that you enjoyed staying at Home Hotel, we hope you have a wonderful journey. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you very much!