“Average in everything but good rate”
Review of The Dealer Hotel

The Dealer Hotel
Ranked #479 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“Average in everything but good rate”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Staff were so friendly and helpful. A bit too far from Taipei main station. Some rooms are crappy but then we paid a little extra to switch to the biggest room of the hotel. It was newly renovated and it was so much better.

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
京都市, 京都府
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We went on a last minute flight to Taipei to find out that most hotels were fully booked. We did however could find this reasonable priced hotel in walking distance of Taipei Main Station. Great location, but that's where the good points end.

First if all, the hotel is difficult to find. No signs except a very general "HOTEL" sign like everywhere else in Taipei. It seems that this hotel changes it name quite often (wonder why). Anyways, due to heavy construction there's no front door, windows, or anything that gives away that this hotel is still doing business. Unfortunately we already prepaid this through the agoda website, so we decided to give it a try.

The room is small, but clean enough and so is the shower room. The bed was too small for me (I'm about 1.80m) and the aircon is just like a freezer! We tried to balance the air inside with warm air from outside, but opening the window didn't make it quieter. The complementary breakfast is a sandwich with a drink (we didn't try it) and the same for the complementary internet by cable because the reception didn't have any lan cables at the time (probably lost while moving things around for construction).

When we came back from a field trip on the second day I got a phone call. The lady on the phone was working for the tourist information center (that is what she said anyway) and told me in English that there will be heavy construction the following day on our floor. So we needed to move to another room. very inconvenient.

The staff tries to be nice and friendly but the hotel shouldn't be opened until renovation has been completed. Last thing... prices on agoda website is double the price, sign in hotel says 1080 TWD.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank si1690

Travellers are raving about these Taipei hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights over the New Year period. Three weeks later they cancelled the booking and failed to inform me. I only found out because I checked my booking on the website I had booked it on. This left me without a place to stay and everything in Taipei was booked up.

The reason for the cancellation was later given as overbooking but I'm not sure why I was able to book a room and why it took them three weeks to cancel. They finally informed me of the cancellation 3 days before I was due to travel!

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo