“Great Hotel, very young part of town... would stay again”

amba TAIPEI XIMENDING
Ranked #69 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Carlsbad, California
“Great Hotel, very young part of town... would stay again”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was only in Taipei for one evening... the staff was very helpful and conscientious. I arrived early and they have a baggage holding area.. well staffed and perfect to get your stay started. The hotel provides a very helpful map and directions when needed... I went out a few times to explore the area close to the hotel.. Do not miss the temples within walking distance.
The room was clean and comfortable... very basic but as another put it cozy... I had a king size bed, they upgraded me as they had booked my room for another person.. I paid about 100 usd.
The area is very, very safe, many of the younger school children hang out after school so a family feel...
The lobby was comfortable and inviting and the staff as others have mentioned were very friendly...
On the day of check out, they again took my bags and held them in a secure area until I was ready to leave...
The hotel is also within a short walk to the subway station.. so you can go anywhere in a short amount of time...
One mention, the hotel staff does speak english and the map is in english.. many signs are not.. Take your map and get good directions before heading out...
Enjoy your stay and the Amba feels a bit nicer then the price implies...

Room Tip: I was not there over the weekend so do not know how loud it gets.. but I would not want to be right...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for spending time to share your recent amba experience with us.

I am truly happy to learn about your recognition towards our service. It is and always has been our utmost goal to bring the most enjoyable yet memorable time for each friend staying with us and your feedback is no doubt the greatest encouragement to the entire amba team. Please accept my sincerest appreciation on behalf of the amba team for your wonderful and kind word shared.

Thank you once again for your valuable time on this matter. Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse! The amba team looks forward to welcoming you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Teresa Huang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Modern zen feel to the room with the basin located in the living area. Toilet and bathroom are separated. The staff are very helpful with knowledge of directions and public transport to attractions. When they are unsure, they will check and come back to you with an answer. All in all we have a good stay and will definitely come aback again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sharing your recent amba experience with us.

It is a true happiness to learn that you had an overall enjoyable time with us. Most importantly, I am happy that our team brought you a memorable time here at amba.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse! We shall all look forward to welcoming you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Clean minimalist décor. Very comfy beds. But my mom didn't like the big distracting post beside the tv in the middle of the room and the recycled metal drum as side table -- she felt like someone or something might come out of the drum in the middle of the night!

Yummy breakfast. Friendly staff. A waitress referred my mom to a good salon across the street. At first she just wanted her hair professionally shampooed but was so happy with the service she ended up getting a new haircut too!

Conveniently located. Food and shopping within walking distance. Everywhere else is just a short cab ride away.

Room Tip: I asked for a higher floor room with windows facing the city or street. I had to specify after I fou...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

I am really happy to learn that you had an overall enjoyable time with us. On top of all, I am more than happy to know that our team could make prompt assistance and somewhat helped you and your lovely family enjoy the convenience Ximedning has to offer.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful share before the Lunar New Year, which is no doubt the greatest encouragement to the entire amba team.

Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse! And we look forward to seeing you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 January 2014

very good hotel in Ximending. stylish design room with good bed. clean and comfortable environment. very convenience. appreciated the breakfast was in good quality. suggest to everyone and must make the reservation again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sharing your valuable amba experience with us.

It is truly a genuine happiness to receive your feedback knowing that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us.
Your high recognition is well-received and will surely be shared with the entire amba team, whom I believe will be so much inspired and encouraged. Thank you for such a wonderful gift before the Chinese New Year.

Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse! And we shall all look forward to seeing you soon in the near future whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

HKG
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been to Taipei serveral times but ever staying at Ximending - noisy district and doubt of the standards of hotels in such area. My friend was booked at Amba Hotel 17-19Jan14.
I changed my preception that the high standards of Amba Hotel.
The design and decoration of room is simple but prefect, spacious ,clean & tidy and sufficient amenities. All hotel staff are young and nice.
I will stay at Amba Hotel again and recommend to my friends..

Room Tip: Double bed in room number 10 and 11, more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your recent amba experience with us.

It is a true happiness to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. Moreover, to learn that we have somewhat brought a different facet of Ximending during your time with us is no doubt the greatest encouragement to the entire amba team. Please accept my sincerest appreciation on behalf of the amba team for your every kind word shared.

Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse! And we shall all be welcoming you soon in the near future whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a very hip chic hotel and the prices are very reasonable. The rooms are very standard, like the Standard Hotel in Los Angeles. Nice vibe and rooms are perfect for the single traveler. They have a restaurant and a nice store to purchase more stuff to take home.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade if they're not busy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for your valuable share.

It is a true happiness to learn your recognition towards our design. Your valuable feedback will surely be shared with the entire amba team, whom I believe will be very much appreciated.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Have been to Taipei several times and this is easily the best hotel so far! Absolutely love the contemporary design, absolutely clean and great service with interesting amenities! Hotel was of course, perfectly accessible from ximending mrt just a short 10min walk away. Will certainly stay here if I visit Taipei again :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank seven20three
Dear amba friend,

Thank you for your kind feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am truly happy to learn that you had a general enjoyable stay with us. It is and always has been our utmost goal to bring the most wonderful yet memorable amba experience to our valuable guests staying with us and I am delighted to learn that our team is making this happen from your kind recognition given.

Thank you once again for your valuable support towards amba. The amba team looks forward to welcoming you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei!

Wish you a nonstop bright and happy 2014 - Year of the Horse!