“Good location”

Ranked #35 of 245 Taipei B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This hotel is located in a very central position which is just across Taipei train station. There is a Family Mart right across the road. The hotel is actually a floor situated in a old building, however do not get deceived by it's exterior. The interior is modern and the rooms are clean.

However, the sound proofing is terrible, I can hear people talking along the hallway, and kids running up and down the hallway. Didn't get a good night's sleep on the 1st night.

Overall, if you are not a light sleeper, this hotel is just fine for it's location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Silentscope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Due to the fact that the arrival of my flight into Taipei was in the middle of the night and I had to catch the train to Tainan in the early morning, I was looking for a one night at a hotel in close proximity to the train station.
The reviews of the New Stay Inn were ok, so decided to take a chance. Although the hotel is very close, just on the other side of the train, one block over, it took me more than an hour to find it. I had the location written in Chinese and asked numerous people on the street, and though they understood the location of it, couldn't really find it as well. The problem lies in the fact, that it isn't really a hotel, but an inn, or just a floor that is newly remodeled in a run-down building...And the only English name is small located on in a corner of this tall building. I had almost given up and wanted to just check in elsewhere when i decided to take one last chance and try to find it by taxi. The taxi driver was as confused as I was, and after 3 or 4 times circling the block he pulled over to this old run down building...at that point I was thinking "this gotta be a joke"...but he told me to take the elevator upstairs...hesitant at first, I decided to give it a try and at last I found it. The Inn floor is quite modern looking and clean and after a fast check in I went into my tiny room. It had a huge bed, a tv, a mini fridge, a tiny table and one chair, plus a modern toilet, sink and a stand up floor shower. There were towels, soap, toothbrush...and I believe shampoo, but I used all of my things so not sure. There were no windows in the room aside from the window in the bathroom. Though, completely dark, it was hard to sleep at night, as I kept hearing noises and foot steps on the the hall way. All I wanted was to shower, get some sleep and shower again and leave. Everything was clean and modern, but I was just too uncomfortable there. I think it suits more backpackers, and I definitely not one. I would never return here, just not my cup of tea even for a night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank shate

Travellers are raving about these Taipei hotels