So I arrived on a Saturday, and left 8 days later. This was for Computex '14 and also a little while longer to stay with the wife.
I had a double room, facing the side which has the 24h McDonalds
* Complimentary mineral water everyday (2 bottles of 300ml)
* Fresh Fruit everyday (apple, orange, banana)
* Good buffet breakfast (full english available, as well as dim sum, fruit etc and yakult!)
* Good room service (the fries that came with the ham and cheese toastie were so good! and the toastie itself was good! I was very impressed. The best I had so far was in NY on the High Line, and this comes as a very close second)
* Staff are pretty good language wise (not all are quite bi-lingual, but good enough to understand you ) - if it doesn't work - use google translate!
* 24 hrs mcdonalds right across the street.
* The DND button and 'please make my room up' buttons are all electronic and can be activated from the inside - no more faffing about with some cardboard cutouts on the door knob
* Close to metro (Zhongshan elementary school station) Yellow line - 5 minutes walk.
* 7-11 just around the corner - so you can pick up anything you've forgotten (listerine for me)
* Ice bucket full when i get back to the room
* Individual wifi AP's for EACH ROOM! no more crappy signal.
* I personally like a soft mattress for my bed. In comparison, Landis has firm beds. Pillows are down, medium
* Evian was NT$120 for 1l, so I ought 1.5l for NT$80 from the 7-11
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an elegant French art deco style, The Landis Taipei has offered legendary services to its guests since the "Grand Opening" in 1979. Our guest rooms are the reflection of the refined and luxurious themes with a touch of the modern world. Offering to all business and leisure travelers a welcome "oasis" in the busy Taipei, our property presents a wide variety of facilities combined with a high level of personalized services. For those travelers who are seeking a combination of the "classic" and the "comfort of modern life," The Landis Taipei has all the amenities and the facilities that travelers expect from a business hotel with truly impeccable services. At "Paris 1930" you will find the finest French cuisine pairing some of the best vintage wines recommended by our sommeliers. "Tien Hsiang Lo" will bring you authentic Hangzhou delights. "La Brasserie," our French-European restaurant, whose specialty is provincial cuisine, makes The Landis Taipei one of the most convenient addresses for your next unforgettable dining experience in Taipei. With our very accommodating banquet and conference facilities, we are certain that your business meetings or special celebrations will be comfortable and memorable. Pamper yourself at "Jurlique Day Spa," enjoying soothing treatments and aromatherapy sessions to help you release tensions and regain your inner balance. Our "Fitness Center" is a fully equipped gym where you will start or finish your day in a healthy way! The hotel is well-located with easy access to airports, entertainment, and the city's busy financial center. The Landis Taipei is a member of Landis Hospitality Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Landis Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landis Hotel Taipei
- Taipei Landis Hotel