“Luxury hotel with lots great restaurants”

Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel
Ranked #62 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Taipei
“Luxury hotel with lots great restaurants”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stay here for one night to celebrate my birthday. The room is elegant and shows luxury with its marble bathroom. However, the design is relatively old fashion comparing to those more trendy new hotels in Taipei. We enjoy the sauna with the view of Taipei city. The swimming pool although is small but yet offer an relaxing atmosphere outdoor. The breakfast is really nice and full of all kind of choices. It is one of the best in Taipei! The location is very convenient. MRT station is in front of the hotel and there is also local restaurants besides the hotel if you like to try some local dishes. 7-11 is on the corner so it is a good base for any tourist or businessman to explore this city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilSung
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear PhilSung,

Happy belated birthday! Thank you for your recommendation and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the facilities and meals during your stay.

Sheraton Taipei will be undergoing upgrades in the near future to provide our guests a fresh new look. We hope you will be able to experience some of the new facilities when you visit again.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We arrived late in the evening and we checked in quickly. Exhausted; this was wonderful. Room service is available 24/7. The beef noodle soup arrived within 10 - 15 minutes and was tasty. The bed is the firmest I have ever slept on. It was wonderful and I had the best sleep I had in weeks. Could be too firm for others perhaps. Everyone who worked front of house seemed to speak English. Their breakfast is delicious, expansive and comprehensive! So many well prepared Eastern and Western options... At this point of the trip I'm sorry - just could not eat another dumpling! Being able to have bacon, fruit, toast, potatoes. I'm allergic to eggs. Food is so important and it is one of the hotel's best features.

The Sheraton is a Good Business Hotel!
Because of just a couple of minor points, they do not earn a full 5/5 rating: 1. The roof top pool closes at 7pm and 2. wifi is not included in the rooms, you have to be in the lobby :S

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Great_Expectations84
Dear Great_Expectations84,

We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was swift and smooth, and that your experience here was a delightful one.

Our buffet serves a wide variety of cuisines. A small tip, try a little bit of everything first and when you discover your favorite dishes, you can start diving in! Relax and indulge yourself when you’re on a vacation! If you need to burn off some calories, don’t forget to visit the fitness center on the 17th floor. Also, the swimming pool is open till 8 pm during summer seasons. We are currently evaluating the possibility of extending operation hours for those who wish to take a dip later in the evening.

Sheraton Taipei is now upgrading the public wifi system. Starting next month, free wifi will be available in all public areas within the hotel. Our brand website also offers special packages that include complimentary wifi in the guest rooms. Check it out when you’re planning your next visit!

We thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 25 August 2012

First time staying in Sheraton, what amazed me is that THE RECEPTIONIST DOES NOT SPEAK MANDARIN WELL AS HE WAS FROM JAPAN, so every time I tried to shift from English to Mandarin that guy always answer back in English. Also that guy gave me a room number containing "44" which is really unlucky number so I asked for a change (I was staying there for 3 weeks though).

The room are usual Sheraton class (I guess), big bed, glass desk, shower + bathtub. Free newspaper every Morning.

The breakfast is on the first floor and that was not Shearton class: only limited western style fresh bread and some small variety of local breakfast, including the noodle soup which you will get tired of soon. The fruit variety is poor as there are almost no exotic fruit except Guava.

There is good public transport connection from the hotel, the Shandao temple metro station exit is just ouside the hotel entrance taking you to the main railway station or the Taipei 101 area (the City hall station), the neighborhood is quite dead as there are only goverment offices nearby so to find something to eat/buy its better to go to the main railway station area in which you can find a Shinkong Mitsukoshi department store (Taiwan's third highest building) and the surronding shopping district (zhanqian district). Or why not take some walk further to the Ximen district.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SeanXM
Dear SeanXM,

Your feedback is most appreciated. We have several foreign associates working with us who are fluent in English and Mandarin. However, we will share your comments with our Front Office to enhance training in guest services, and we will make sure our associates acknowledge your preferences during your next visit.

The menu for the breakfast buffet changes every three days. At least 4-5 types of seasonal fruit is provided daily. We will ask our restaurant to investigate the issue you encountered regarding the food variety at K12.

The advantages of having government offices around is that the area is safe and quiet during nighttime. Guests staying at Sheraton Taipei can enjoy a good night sleep with minimal noise disturbing them in the middle of the night. In addition, the surrounding environment is actually quite vibrant as the Taipei Train Station shopping district is within 5 minutes walking distance. Xinyi shopping district is only 10 minutes away if you take the MRT. You can visit many tourist destinations along the MRT with a day pass. If you need any information, our associates would be glad to assist you!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

I booked a room at the sheraton taipei on sheraton's company website. I searched for a room for 2 adults on my dates and it showed me a club lounge package so I booked it. Upon checking in at the hotel's front desk, they told me there was going to be an extra US$30 charge for the 2nd person to get access to the lounge. I was pretty unhappy about it and asked to see the manager. They never notified their manager, but did eventually grant my boyfriend access for free. All while being unapologetic and minding me that our daily laundry credit will not be doubled. They even told me the problem I had with my booking was a case of miscommunication and I had to tell them I personally booked it on their company website for my boyfriend and I, so I really don't see how there could have been miscomnucation. No where on my comfirmation ticket does it say the package was only for 1 person and there was going to be an extra charge f a 2nd person was to enjoy the lounge access. They never even gave me the palace museum tickets that was included in the package either. Besides this incident, our stay was otherwise okay. We did check our after 1 night instead of the 3 nights we originally booked, and they were nice enough to let us check out with no penality charges.

Pros:
-many dining options on site
-decent sized room and bathroom
-close to the MRT blue line and taipei main station

Cons:
-shower head was bizarre and difficult to use. Shower water temperature highly inconsistent
-hardest tooth brush I've seen in a high end hotel and hair brush
-our "king size bed" were actually 2 little beds pushed together. Don't think I've seen that in a high end hotel either

• Stayed August 2012
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear justinehsu,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have already confirmed with Front Office regarding the museum issue. We apologize for the oversight and will offer you a special gift upon your next visit.

About the additional charge for your boyfriend, it is stated in the terms and conditions of the special package that the rate shown on the website is based on single occupancy. For the second person, a supplement charge of NT$800 is charged which includes room and Club Lounge access.

To provide better service and quality to all our valued guests, Sheraton Taipei is undergoing several upgrading projects in our rooms and outlets. I will share your comments about the pros and cons with our management team for their reference. Thank you again for your valuable input.

Southeast Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The location of this hotel is convenient to the Metro, and Taipei 101 is fairly close by Taxi. English is spoken well by the check in staff, and the service personnel were helpful in assisting me to my room.

The room was nice, with a comfortable bed and good space to move within, and had a desk which was good for business work.

The bathroom was stellar, with a stand up shower and plenty of floor space, plus a nice marble motif.

All in all the room was quiet once the door was shut EXCEPT when the shopping/drinking ladies came home next door, which seemed to result in a nightly conference meeting outside my door at very loud volume. Then one night, the next door neighbor smoked, and smoked heavily, It seeped out his door and under mine. I called the lobby and asked them to make them stop. The report back later was "They answered the door but would not open it. They said they were not smoking" SIgh, well at least they stopped smoking the next night.

The hotel restaurants, such as the Thai and Italian ones, were very nice, however I preferred the Thai one, as for some strange reason, the Italian pasta dishes all tasted Chinese in nature..strange.

On Thursday of that week, a typhoon struck, and the town simply shut down. The hotel was efficient and boarded the windows plus sandbagged the doors. All preparations seemed to work just fine.

The breakfast restaurant occupied the atrium, and was simply huge. Too huge for privacy, but they always had a table available with the hundreds of seats installed.

I would definitely stay here again, as it was a nice property, had comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Corner rooms can be noisy if the neighbors are noisy outside the door, but otherwise are quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VisitedNewPlaces
Dear VisitedNewPlaces,

Thank you for your comments, and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food at Sukhothai. As for the all day dining restaurant, there are several semi-private seats in the sofa area. Should you need to reserve a seat with more privacy, please feel free to place a request when you make your next reservation.

Smoking indoors is prohibited in Taiwan, thus our associates will encourage guests to go to the smoking room on the ground floor should they have smoking needs. If the issue persists, we can offer a room change based on availability.

And we would like to thank you for your encouragement regarding the typhoon emergency response team. Fortunately, impact was minimal and no damage occurred!

We hope you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed here for three nights for business. It is what you would expect from the Sheraton brand. Service is good. Noticed that this hotel also accommodates a lot of tourist/visitors (Japanese, Hong Kong while I was there) besides the usual business travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank P O
Dear P O,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Taipei Hotel. We host a wide variety of visitors from across the world due to the convenience of our location and our quality of service. We hope to see you again soon!

California
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed here for two weeks on business and it was overall a great experience. The rooms (executive rooms on 18th floor) were spacious, clean. The bathrooms were nice but the lighting was on the dark side. There were good full-length mirrors available. The amenities provided were Occitane brand and included not only the usual soaps and lotions and shampoos/conditioner but also tooth-brushes and paste, hairbrushes/combs, razors/creams, etc. The downside was that the hairdryer provided was AWFUL. The cord was too short and kept popping out of the socket, the dryer would overheat and shut off entirely, creating a bit of a nightmare. Also, the air-conditioning is pre-set to change at different times of the day and I found myself constantly having to adjust the temperature. Room had a hot water pot and complementary coffee/tea products as well as a nice flatscreen TV. They provided four complimentary bottles of water daily, fresh fruit, an iron/ironing board and $500 TD worth of laundry service daily (limited as to the number of items you can have laundered for this amount but service is quick and reliable) and a large in-room safe. Room service and housekeeping staff and service was excellent. Enjoyed the fitness center, which had free weights and several elliptical trainers, rowing machines and treadmills. They even had a pitcher of sports drink available there, in addition to the water. Wireless internet and broadband service was excellent, desk work space was acceptable and there was an appropriate mix of business meeting rooms available. The executive lounge had a good food selection daily with some made-to-order dishes available. Main drawback was at lunch, when the restaurant was consistently full with people who had made reservations, necessitating a seat at the bar for those of us who hadn't planned ahead. Wake-up call service was reliable and front desk exchanged foreign currency. Hotel within easy walking distance to the Metro line, which can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high in the building as possible as there is considerable road noise due to the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Caljogger
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Caljogger,

Thank you for the detailed review of Sheraton Taipei Hotel. We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. We perform constant review of our amenities as our goal is to provide our guests the best products available. Your feedback is most appreciated.

We will address your comments regarding the hairdryer and congested lunch hour lineups to the departments in charge. Our restaurants are very popular among local residents. It is highly advised to make a reservation prior to your arrival date to secure a seat.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!