“Great hotel all round”

Ranked #63 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great hotel all round”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is one of my favourite hotels, check in is always great, the hotel has ample facilities all of high quailty. the rooms are really nice and its a very quiet and peaceful hotel. It has a great pizza pub if you like pizza and beer, you can design your own pizza which is nice. The breakfast is up there with the best and heaps of variety to cover everyones taste. Always a great place to stay and convient to rail and high speed train.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Cats2011,

Greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel.

Thank you so much for taking the time and mark your valuable comments on the Tripadvisor. Your positive feedback give us the energy to drive our service to excellent. We hope our hotel will always be your choice while you visit Taiwan.

Please look up our brand web site for the latest promotion if you have chance to visit Taiwan again. We wish you have a pleasant day.

Warm regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Was a great stay for a couple of nights. Great selection at breakfast. Good wifi and rooms although the fancy toilet options are a bit complex and a touch over the top. The heat seat was weird especially when its 29degrees outside. Overall a great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Jos1511,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Grande Tapie Hotel. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us while you were away from home.

We appreciate that most of the valuable comments from you are positive; however, regarding the bidet toilet seat, we will ask our housekeeping to be more proactive to adjust the temperature based on the weather.

We wish to see you again in the near future and have a very pleasant day.

Best regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed there in Sep 2013 for my vacation. Staff are very nice, friendly and they greeted to and talked me in Japanese (my first language). Everything is so nice such as facilities, location, well-trained staff, food... Also, the price is reasonable. Not very cheap but Sheraton Taipei is a hotel worth staying. I am sure I will stay there for the next Taipei stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear yzyzyzyz,

Greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel!

Thank you for giving us the positive comments regarding your stay in 2013. Your satisfaction is the energy for us to drive our service to excellent.

If you have any chance to visit Taipei, please do stay with us again; we are looking forward to see you again.

Warmest regards,
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in April. First, I am Platinum with Starwood and used my Suite Night Awards and was given a "Diplomatic Suite". It was fine but not exceptional, not like suites in China or Hong Kong. The bathroom is wonderful and I did like the closet but the suite part was okay. The view is not great but this is a huge city and I am not sure how you can get a good view. It seemed far from the Club Facilities but after being lost for 10 minutes, I finally found them. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast choices in the Club, but the staff there is fantastic. The location is great to the MTR and that is a convenience. The restaurant (buffet) is fantastic but has a huge price tag to match, but it seems like all the Hotel Buffet restaurants do that (Grand Hyatt, Regent, etc). The food quality is very good though. All in all, I enjoyed my stay but I think I would try another Starwood property next time. It just didn't wow me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear FloridaBetsy,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel.

We thank you for staying with us while you were away from home. In addition, we truly appreciate your feedback in terms of our food variety in the Club Lounge, our management team will try our best to improve our shortcomings.

We hope we will have another opportunity to serve you with our improvements.

Have a very pleasant day.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel recently. I was not disappointed with the service. It has a great location with numerous eateries just round the corner from the hotel. An MRT station right at it's door step as well.

But what impressed me most was the service I received! From the bell hop to house keeping staff! Stirling service! And what was really nice was the fresh fruits placed in the room each day. Nice touch!

Only thing I did not like was the cafe. Access to the little cafe for just a cup of tea requires one to either walk through the restaurant or one has to go outside of the hotel to access the cafe. What a hassle!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Westiekho...,

Thank you for staying with Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel while you visited Taiwan. Your valuable and positive feedbacks giving us the energy to drive our service to excellent.

We hope to see you again in the near future if you have any chance to visit Taiwan again.

Have a pleasant day.

Sincerely yours,
San Mateo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I'll focus on the positives first. Building and public spaces were better than expected for a Sheraton. Not a knock but I think the brand represents more of a 3-4 star experience Where St. Regis or W would be a solid 5. Check in procedure was efficient and courteous.

I had breakfast the first morning. Broad buffet selection typical of western hotels in Asia. Everything I tried was good but the situ mai (dim sum) had a hair in the steamer basket and dirt veins were not cleaned out of the shrimp. Gross.

But the worst part was the room. It was actually a nice room in terms of layout, design was up to date, clean etc. But when I returned in the evening I smelled cigarette smoke. When I called the front desk about it they offered to move but by that point I just wanted to go to sleep. That's when I noticed bedding itself smelled like someone had been smoking under the covers. Ugh. And I'm allergic to smoke.

Was trying to save the company a few bucks by next time will just stay at the W.

Room Tip: In this price range the Far Eastern may be a better alternative. Check the bedding for cigarette...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear ElGuapo43,

Greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel!

We would like to thank you for your comments on the Tripadvisor firstly. Secondly, We would like to apologize for the negitive experiences you had encountered during your stay. Housekeeping and F&B teams had been informed according based on the feedback that you gave to us and we will fcous more on our hygiene issues.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and hope that you are willing to give us another chance to show our professions.

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely yours,
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. Beautiful hotel with very nice rooms. The bathrooms were also extremely nice. The buffet on site changes daily and was exceptional. The overall service level of the staff was on par with the best.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andrew r
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Andrew R,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel while you visited Taiwan.

We appreciate your feedback about our room facilities and breakfast. We will keep our service up to guest's satisfaction. Please see our website for the latest special offers and wish to see you soon in the near future.

Have a pleasant day.