“Great Location, excellent staffs”

Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel
Ranked #68 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 1 August 2014

stayed for fours nights in June while attending a conference in Taipei. Hotel location is perfect, 100 yeards from the metro station and has a variety of restaurant, convenience stores, etc within walking distances of the hotel. Hotel staffs are excellent, always greeted me with a big smile. Room is rather small, but sufficient for a solo business travler. My room was super clean and housekeeping did a good job during the time I stayed. Had trouble with TV reception for last two nights i stayed, but I didn't get much time to watch TV anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Did not get to try the onsite restaurants, as I mentioned earlier there are many choices around the hotel for different type of cuisines. There's also a famous breakfast place two blocks away in a indoor market(second floor). You will need to go early every morning otherwise expected to wait an hour before you get to order. I really like this property despite its a bit pricy compare to other properties, but given its location and sevice, I would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, 前廳部經理 at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jack L,

A warm greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel.

We appreciate that you spent your time out of your busy schedule to write about our hotel and most of the comments are positive.

We wish that we can see and serve you again in the near future if you have any chance to visit Taipei.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel from July 14 - 19 due to business trip to Taipei.

Pro:
1. One of the earliest 5-star hotel in Taipei and still keeps itself in good shape.
2. Has quite a few restaurants with one of the best French food in town.

Con:
1. It's located in the city center, geographically speaking,and surrounded by various governmental agencies.There isn't much shops around the hotel. Besides, Taiwan has a very interesting democracy system where street protest in rather normal. Due to its locations, traffic can be very bad when there are protest rallies going on. Better check before your go.
2. There were several large Japanese tourist groups staying during the same time as I did - large means more than 150 tourists! These groups are entirely mid-aged Japanese ladies (not intend to discriminate but to give viewers a better picture). Lobby became extremely noisy when they gathered in the lobby to take buses. Rest areas became luggages area when they arrived and left.
3. Due to the large tourist groups mentioned above, cafe became a war zone during breakfast time. These Japanese ladies would order omelette,fried eggs etc and then waited there for their orders.Question is: cooking area for these areas were located at the end of the main food areas. When you got several people all standing there to wait for their food, you got traffic jam and queue became very long. One morning, I waited for 10 minutes without being able to get anything. Asked the staffs to advise those tourists that they should bring their food back to their tables and came back again to get their omelettes/fried eggs etc since it did take a bit of time to do so. Cafe staffs did not want to do so. If I were to order a la carte, it would take 20 - 25 minutes. Well, you can pretty much guess whether I got my breakfast!!
4. My 15-year-old son flied in on July 18. Picked him from airport, sent him to hotel and I had to run for 2 more meetings. He arrived hotel around 3:30 pm after an four and half hour fly from Singapore. Reminded him to have lunch at cafe. Rather unfortunately for him, another big Japanese group arrived a bit earlier and was also taking late lunch. My son had to queue more than 30 minutes to get his food.
5. Similar situation occurred again in the morning of July 19 while having breakfast with my son. made the same suggestions to the cafe staffs. It was a more interesting response this time: we were being treated as "invisible" guests. No one to add tea, no one to take empty plates away and no one response when we waved our hands for help.
6. My son was feeling stomach pain in the morning of July 19. When seeking help, was first given a wrong hospital, then was given information of a hospital who had no operation on Sat (a hospital operated Taiwan Adventist Church). When asked about how long it may take for a hotel doctor to be able to see my son, I was told that it would take 30-40 minutes. I was further advised that , when complaining that such time frame was too long, this is a hotel instead of a hospital. Please be advised that I was talking to the Duty Manager. When I requested to speak to someone higher up, I was told by the Duty Manager, a young girl in her late 20' or early 30':
(1) It is a Sat and none of the "senior" staffs are around. and
(2) As a Duty Manager, she is the most "senior" one.

Conclusion:
1. I actually have excellent memory of this hotel because I got married there in 1997 and spent that evening in the hotel after the big wedding banquet.
2. Apparently, this hotel is able to attract large size tourist groups and don't want to get them unhappy in any possible way. Single business travellers, like me, are no comparison to the tourist groups.
3. Find out before you go whether sizable tourist groups will stay there around the same time as you are. If yes, change to another hotel if possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear LLesq,

Greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us the valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for the services were not up to your standard in terms of the crowd in the breakfast area. The Food and beverge team has been informed for further improvements. Regarding the wrong given information, the training of communication skill for offering guest the information or opinions will be enfored.

Once again, We sincere apologize for the displeasure and any inconvenience it had caused.

Have a good day.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed one night last week at this centrally located place nice & efficient. It is just 1.5 blocks from Taipei train station, great for city travel (Taipei has an extensive subway, very clean & easy to use) as well as HSR (High Speed Rail - super fast for inter-city trips but not all cities have a centrally located station like Taipei's). Overall, just what you'd expect from Sheraton brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SheratonGrandeTaipei, 前廳部經理 at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear SF_traveler_2010 ,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your resident while you were away from home. Wish to see and serve you again in the near future.

Have a pleasant day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As a regular traveller I enjoy when I don't have to think too much when I'm in a new country, and the Sheraton in Taipei made my life very easy. I was exhausted after several long haul flights in a short space of time and I was guided around the hotel, checked in very easily and was in my cool, well turned-down room in minutes. The staff everywhere are wonderfully helpful and attentive, and the hotel was spotless. Food was great, very good variety and very well priced for a hotel too, I was impressed. Fitness facilites were what you'd expect from a hotel of this size and certainly nothing to complain about. I'll be back to Taipie soon, I will be staying here again. Gets a 4* only because I believe it's a 4 star hotel!

Room Tip: I was right on the front of the hotel overlooking the road and the room was quiet at all times. I ca...
1  Thank RobNewbury
SheratonGrandeTaipei, 前廳部經理 at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear RobNewbury,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments and those are the reason for us to drive our service even better.

We wish your next visit will also be the positive one. Have a great day.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights recently. Was told by colleague this is opposite the Taipei railway station, but not really.. it is around 7-10mins walk away. In a hot summer period, it is kinda hot to walk there. The room seems quite old, no shower room, you shower in the bath tub.... huge bed, spacious room, just feel the hotel rooms need an upgrade.

I had problems with the room card too.. when up after i check-in and both cards were not walking, i walked to the lift lobby to call the reception and was told the bellboy will bring new cards up. Again, the cards he brought up was NOT working and he was going downstairs to replace the cards when i asked for him to open the room with his access card for me to go into the room first instead of waiting outside with my luggage again. So finally the next time, another one of them came up with the working cards.

I was also woken up on Saturday morning by the clean up lady who ring the bell and almost came into the room when i walk towards the door to tell her I am still sleeping and going to check out.. never had such experience in other hotels before! And that was around 10am.

Room Tip: I was on the 12 floor, spg members floor.. nothing special and view wasn't any spectacular as th...

Dear Toffee12,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel.

We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write the comments regarding our hotel. We apologize for creating the inconvenience to you because of the key card issue. Our key system supplier has started to check the room's door lock one by one. We believe that the key issue will be reduced very soon.

In addition, our housekeeping manager has been informed the situation that you mentioned in the comment. Training will definitely be done to avoid the same situation happened.

Once again, we thank you and appreciate your valuable feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is just great. The staff is friendly wherever you go and whatever you do. The rooms are nice and well equipped, and even the Wifi works with an acceptable speed. Breakfast is great with good choice of just about everything, sufficient space in the seating area, and again very attentive staff. I always feel welcome here and will certainly come back many times.

Dear Klaus594,

A warm greetings from Taipei.

We are so appreciate your positive comments and those are the reason for us to drive our service even better.

Please look up the latest promotion on our web site if you have any chance to stay with us again. Looking forward to seeing you in Taipei.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Check-in staff friendly and professional although all the different prices and cost of extras is a little baffling.

Room is very small though, the bathroom is of good size and has a great shower. Coffee and tea station are fine.

Breakfasts on ‘club floor’ is fine but if you want a bigger selection go to the main restaurant. Afternoon tea on club floor is just coffee and a few biscuits – nothing to write home about. Happy Hour food only lasts to 8pm although drinks go on for a little longer. Reception staff on club floor know your name after you first day which is nice.

Nice gym and sauna/steam room which is free and rooftop swimming pool as well.
Good business hotel but also good for the leisure traveller as you can walk downtown within 10 minutes. Also handy for the High Speed Rail (HSR) station to Hsinchu and rest of the island

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FitzroviaHome
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear FitzroviaHome,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to provide us with your feedback.

We will try to provide higher level service and facilities to our value guest. Therefore, please do coming back to Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel next time, we are look forward to seeing to again!!

Warm Regards,