“A pleasant surprise.”

The Sherwood Taipei
Ranked #48 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here on business. Was quite surprised by the size of the room. It's very spacious! This is the biggest deluxe room of all other Taipei hotels (some international 5-star ones) I stayed at so far. Yes, the room is a little dated but it feels clean. Service was great. It was on a weekend when the lock to my luggage became faulty and could not be opened. The hotel staff literally located a locksmith in 10 min. Wow! I thought they just got someone to jag at my luggage but no, they fixed the lock!! Otherwise, my weekend would have been ruined! Very much appreciated!

Breakfast - wide selection but taste was so-so. At times, the servers seemed a little pressured and the egg-station guy had very bad mood on all the mornings I had breakfast.

Helpful staff at the business centre.

I would recommend for adults who want more space and those travelling with kids. I am not in a position to comment on the location as I took taxi during my stay (relatively cheap). However, it is very close to the centre so should be very close to all tourist attractions.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed there for 1 night. Didn't expect this hotel to be this luxurious. I am thrilled with the room, it has a high standard renovation with great taste. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank watslifeabout
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Was very pleasantly surprised by hotel room + service standard as I had not stayed at the Sherwood during previous trips to Taipei (first I had heard of the hotel was via TripAdvisor) and was not sure what to expect.

Rooms. I stayed for 3 nights in a single room (king sized bed, non smoking). Very pleased with size of room, amenities (toiletries all provided) and cleanliness. Room includes tv, study table, lounge chair with reading lamp and decent sized toilet with bathtub + separate shower. Room also includes complimentary mineral water, which comes in useful. Only complaint is that the mattress and pillows were a bit on the soft side but really that is a personal preference.

Location & transport. I cannot speak chinese so I arranged for airport transfers. It was a bit on the expensive side compared to just taking a taxi (which i now know is a standard rate) but for someone not familiar with the routes and unable to speak the local language, i wanted to be on the safe side. There are busstops and metro stations within walking distance of the hotel so if you can speak mandarin/have a good sense of direction/can read maps, public transport is really accessible and convenient. Announcements for stops and on the metro maps are in english/hanyupin yin (ie alphabets and not chinese characters) and taxis are also easily available.

The hotel mainly caters to the business crowd (explains the Starbucks a stone's throwaway) so its a bit aways from sights like Taipei 101 and some of the more popular night markets but since you can easily take a bus/train/cab this wasnt a big deal, but this was mostly because I was brought around Taipei by someone who is familiar with the area and can speak mandarin.

Overall. Personally, the comfort of the hotel room, excellent service + good hotel rates more than outweighed the location factor - the only downside i cld see (given i was in taipei for holiday).

Definitely wld recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on a short visit to Taipei. We thought the hotel was a very good choice as the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was huge (with both a tub and a standing shower), and the window was very big too, offering a great view of the neighborhood. I also like how there are french doors that separate the bed area from the bathroom and closet area. I thought the breakfast buffet was pretty decent with a large variety of foods available. People at the front desk were very friendly and people at the door very eagerly helped us get cabs when needed. If you're looking to stay in a more lively nighttime neighborhood, this may not be the best choice though. My husband and I took a stroll outside at around 10 or 11pmish but we couldn't find much that was open except a pretty packed McDonalds cafe.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Dear valued guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind words and observations in name of all the Sherwood Team. Our goal it is to exceed guest's expectations and your comments are an indication that The Sherwood Hotel had made your stay in Taipei memorable.

I hope see you in the future.

Warm regards,

Ivan Ramos
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is part of the "Leading Hotels of the Word". It is a well maintained hotel and the rooms are comfortable. The climate control in the rooms works well.

There are complementary bottles of water provided in the rooms as well as coffee and tea.

The bed is comfortable though I would have appreciated fluffy pillows and a non-synthetic comforter that "breathes". The bathroom is very nice with a separate shower and bath. The toiletries are of excellent quality.

The wireless internet is truly "high speed" and easy to use.

The breakfust is average with a reasonable selection but I've certainly had better. The breakfast room is in the basement and there are no windows making it a bit clasutrofobic.

The bar is small but quaint and the food is good. The business lunch we were served was excellent.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is fine for a business hotel but I have stayed at nicer hotels for a better price in Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I Stayed at the Sherwood on a business trip to Taipei and really enjoyed it.

Location is perfect, access to an abundance of restaurants, coffee shops (Starbucks too) and convenience stores.

The hotel is well kept and all worked great.

The only suggestion would be to upgrade the breakfast a bit as the appearance is not up to the Sherwood standard.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

i was on a business trip and stayed at The Sherwood Taipei for a total of 4 nights. upon arrival and check in, i was informed that they'd upgraded me to an executive room. cool! i went up to find a HUGE room waiting for me. 2 double beds for just me alone. i can probably sleep one side per night.

spacious room included an armchair and a couch, coffee table, working desk, and a comfortable bathroom that comes with both the shower head and the bathtub. that is perfect as im a sucker for tubs, but i cant soak in it everyday and thats where the shower head comes in. bathroom is of a pretty decent space too, with a wide mirror. loves! quite amply equipped too. the hairdryer (my must have) is however a little too weak. i managed to get used to it after 5 days of usage, went back home to Singapore, turned on my hairdryer and thought that a tornado has arrived. in conclusion, hairdryer can be improved. but not to be too anal, i love the bathroom nevertheless.

huge room is comfortable, with many lights adjustable to ur desired brightness. practical for both work and relax!

i didnt manage to visit the gyms and spa. too busy working! :(

location of the hotel isnt the best. what i gathered from the hotel staffs, the nearest metro station is a 5-7min walk away. But from my past experiences in ANY parts of the world, add a 5-10min to whatever they tell u. i cant 100% say that for this hotel though, didnt try it myself.. but from the maps i found, the nearest station looks at least a 10 min walk away. and that station isnt on one of the main lines either. u gotta transfer at the next station to connect with the main lines. but if you are not looking at shopping dining at famous restaurants etc, there are a few convenience shops near the hotel, 2-3min walk. but then again, this is usual in Taipei and thats what i love about the place!

breakfast buffet.. soso. they dun have a super wide range of food available, but overall decent i guess. service is good wherever u go to. staffs are on the ball and almost always ready to answer any queries!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NeeGooo
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Ms. Su Woon W,

Thank you for visiting us at The Sherwood Taipei!
We strive to make the experience at The Sherwood Taipei one you will remember forever. Therefore, your comments are very important for us and I will share your kind words with our entire team.
Thank you again for the opportunity of having you as a guest. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm regards,