Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a business trip.
The staff here are all fluent in English and Chinese. They are always well-staffed, either at the pick-up/drop-off area, front desk, concierge, restaurants. There was never a time where i had to wait in line. Staff were friendly and always helpful.
Room was clean and spacious (i slept in a room with double bed). Plenty of toiletries provided and towels provided. Rooms are cleaned twice a day. There is free wifi for guests and the signal is strong throughout the hotel.
What i loved most was that POWER SOCKETS ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED!! Other than the desk area where i usually use to plug in my laptop, i always had trouble finding places to charge my phone and ipad. In other hotels, i had to resort to lying on the floor to reach those that were under the bed, under the drawers or unplugging bedside lamps etc. Sherwood had not 1 but 2 empty power sockets above the bedside table. AMEN TO YOU FOR PUTTING YOURSELF IN CUSTOMERS' SHOES!
There is a Family Mart and a 7-11 right behind the hotel and several restaurants around it.
Taxi drivers were familiar with the hotel location as long as you told them its Chinese name. There is a subway station within 5 mins walk from the hotel.
Visited the gym as well. Only issue with it is that it opens at 6am and closes at 11pm. In other hotels i've visited, gyms are open 24 hrs for hotel guests. ** SHERWOOD, if you're reading this, PLS CHANGE THIS. You'd be perfect if you do!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1990, when we first started offering world-class hospitality to those visiting our city, there were very few globally recognized 5-star hotels in Taipei. The Sherwood has now become the top-choice in Taipei for renowned political and business figures from across the world.From the day the hotel was established in 1990 it has been a tradition that we welcome our guests as if they were family. The moment you step into The Sherwood, you will be warmly greeted by the smiling faces of our receptionists and you receive a personal room key that makes you feel right at home. The guestrooms are sensibly separated from the restaurants and other public areas by room guest elevators and your are ensured a tranquil, safe and comfortable stay.The Sherwood is the only Taiwanese member of the Leading Hotels of the World, and we have been featured in international travel magazines such as Travel & Leisure, Business Traveler, Asia Money and Review Asia. Our art collection, which is a tasteful fusion of Western and Chinese elements, evokes feelings similar to those gained when browsing through a gallery of the world’s masterpieces.We offer luxury treatment at The Sherwood Spa on the 20th floor and free hotel-wide Wi-Fi access in addition to access to our complimentary Executive Business Center, gym and warm indoor pool.The Sherwood is located in the Taipei financial center and shopping hub, near the unique and artistic Minsheng Community and just a ten-minute drive from Songshan Airport. The hotel is within easy access of the city via the MRT Wenhu Line or the highway system that will take you to sights all across the island. We promise to keep you in touch with the world as well as connect you to every part of the island via the extensive Taiwan transportation network.The Sherwood Taipei: Your Taste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sherwood Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sherwood Taipei Hotel Taipei
- Sherwood Hotel Taipei
- The Sherwood Hotel Taipei
- Sherwood Taipei