“Good business hotel”

Ranked #66 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Budapest, Hungary
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were there for a business trip and I liked their service! They picked up us from a airport even we delayed 3,5 hours. The breakfast was intercontinental and the room was huge! The location is fine, nearest Metro station is 3 minutes far. I was satisfied with their service!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tibor V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel because of the fantastic deal I received online. Apart from not having a pool, there is nothing wrong with this hotel except it is a little bit outdated for the 5 star status it is claiming to be. It is better than a 4 star but definitely not a 5 star. The decor is old, the foyer is not grande and the lifts can be pretty slow.
The room I stayed in on the executive level was beautiful and elegant and big. It was quiet and comfortable. Not much of a view but the windows allow some sunlight to come in if you wish to open the curtains. the Pillows were soft and the bed was inviting. The bathroom was excellent with a bath, a good shower, heated toilets and all amenities included.
The service was great. I got in at 7am and although the room wasnt ready i needed to charge my phone and didnt have a power converter. The receptionist was more than happy to help out with 1 that i could use for free (turns out i would have to pay for 1 if i use one available for purchase in the room).
The concierge was helpful with the cabs and other tours that I wanted to go. I wanted to book a nice spa about 30min away and the conciege organised the whole thing for me (booked the private room, cabs etc). Brilliant.
I didnt try the restaurant because I was always on the go but the steakhouse at the back of the hotel looks amazing.
The executive lounge was very small and very very quiet. I was there for 5 nights and most of the nights I was the only 1 in the room. Even at breakfast, it was very quiet. I think the selection of food is pretty minimal, but the booze makes up for it.
The gym is small but in good condition.
The location is pretty good. It's close to the main attractions. Cabs are abundant and you can get one straight from the door. The underground train is only a 5min walk away and it's very very handy to go around anywhere. Taiwan is a great city for that.
There are a few massages next to the hotel if you like that. I tried a few and they are pretty good.

Overall, it's definitely a nice hotel to stay. I would happily come back if I have to, esp if I got the online deal again. It's got 5 star qualities but not luxurious. If you want posh or cool, go to W hotel. This is more old school early 90s 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Always bring a card of the hotel and show it to the cab driver so they can take you back to the hote...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The hotel has everything a hotel should have (except a pool) but that is about it. I had a great room with a seperate sitting area, but my friends - travelling with me had a regular one and apparantly no bath just a shower. That sure would bum me out! There is a LOT OF noise coming from the main street - lots of traffic, lots of motorbikes and lots of buses. So bring your earplugs.
It sure struck me how many mainland Chinese guests the hotel was accommodating, so it would not surprise me that it would be run also by a Chinese chain.
"okay" breakfast -obviously geared especially to the Chinese and Japanese taste buds.
One thing really struck me though; is the extremely friendly staff; from bell boy, to concierge to front desk and restaurant staff. Ready to help you with anything. The location is just great, few shops, few restaurants, a night market and the subway 5 minutes walk

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank terrencets
Kobe, Japan
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Most staff can speak Japanese, so it would feel better for Japanese guests. I got a complimentary pineapple cake in the lobby. There are many foot massage stores and restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lifetraveler62
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed in the Club Room for 3 nights and it was just excellent. The room was large and the housekeeping could not be faulted. The Restaurants are first class except eating in the Chinese Restaurant the staff made me feel somewhat isolated (being the only non Chinese there). Twice they stuck me in a corner and basically forgot about me. Nevertheless, the food was worth the inattention that I received.

There is an Italian Restaurant behind the Hotel that is very high class and the food is to die for, as was the price but it was a very very enjoyable experience. The old red light district around the hotel is dead, may of the bars were not open to the area was quiet.

I would recommend this hotel to any discerning traveller.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
boston
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Enjoyed our stay here and would consider staying here again. I booked the superior room and requested for to beds via a travel website. Upon arrival they said they did not receive the request but then upgraded us to a suite so we could have the two beds.

We liked our room and it looks quite new, which is a terrific value for what we paid. The hotel is also at an convenient location...just a few minutes walk from a subway stop that is not a long ride from the Taipei Station. It is also close to quite many casual food places, which we also enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank espressotea
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stayed there for business, upgraded to a club room on 12th floor. Staff very good and friendly and nice breakfasts, had dinner in the bar on 2nd night and in the main restaruant on 3rd night. They had a steak special in the restaurant and the meal was excellent. Around the area there are several restaurants and many bars. The hotel is older but it does have style.
Had a nightly turn down service and I was in my room on both occasions when his happened I must say they were very professional. The rates are OK and it's a good location, recommend this hotel, I will stay here on my next trip

Room Tip: The hotel only has 12 floors so no real views, stay on club floor if you can
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business