“Perfect location”
Review of Caesar Park Taipei

Caesar Park Taipei
Ranked #107 of 587 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had stayed in this hotel twice 5-6 years ago, the outlook of the hotel didn't change a bit, it still looking very old and dirty. But it has been refurbished inside, there is staff who can speak good English at the check in counter.
The hotel is situated right opposite Taipei station where you can easily travel from airport by coach. And the hotel is linked to the subway at the lower ground floor. It is very convenient to travel within the city by subway.
Buffet breakfast was good, up to a 4/5 stars hotel standard, many choices.
The room itself is average for a twin room, not too small.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy L
CaesarPark_TP, 公關部 at Caesar Park Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Guest,
Greeting from CAESAR PARK TAIPEI!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write to us. Your precious comments will eternally be great encouragement and support to us. We’re glad to know that you are satisfied with our staff and convenient location. Thank you very much for your feedback which will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to CAESAR PARK TAIPEI with more cheerful and enjoyable experience.

Sincerely, Caesar Park Taipei

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

its location is really great! It's opposite the taipei train station but was told that the hotel lift actually goes down to the basement where the underground mall and subway station is. what i like about the hotel is that are many eateries and shops in its vicinity. mitsukoshi dept store is just next door, and there is where you can change for more taiwan dollars at the service counter even on a weekend (most money changers are closed on weekends)!
but of course, i paid more for this hotel than the other 2 hotels i stayed in that are also located within distance of the taipei station.

we got a room upgrade though i wasn't sure what's the difference between the room they gae us and the room i booked. maybe it's bigger, I'm not sure. But the room is very nice, clean, contemporary and comfortable. and more spacious than the other 2 hotels I stayed at last week. However, I had problems using the bathroom facilities - not sure why but i keep getting really warm water when i turned on the tap and shower head even though i made sure i turned the lever to the "blue"/"cold" indicator. and oh, the bathroom had glass walls so only meant for couples. will be kinda awkward otherwise.

reception staff were helpful too. when we asked for more info on a place we wanted to go, they told us actually there isn't much to do or see there as it's essentially a residential area. and hubby wanted to catch the Premier League match but the hotel TV didn't subscribe to the channel. when he called the reception, the staff told him he could watch it on his ipad! very kind of him. but hubby prefers to go to watch it on a big screen and so the staff passed him the namecard of a pub that would be screening the match, and that made hubby a very happy man as he managed to catch the match afterall.

i would stay there again coz' of the great location and nice room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Greeting from CAESAR PARK TAIPEI!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write to us. Your precious comments will eternally be great encouragement and support to us. We’re glad to know that you are satisfied with our helpful staff and convenient location. Thank you very much for your feedback which will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to CAESAR PARK TAIPEI with more cheerful and enjoyable experience.

Sincerely, Caesar Park Taipei

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I gone through the reviews from Agoda and book a 3 nights stay early this month and was very disappointed with the outcome.
Other than the location, I cannot even mention how poor the service from day one we checked in until checked out. We were not even being assisted with our lugguage and the condition of the room that include the bed and bathroom were very poor. At least they could have renovated and change the fittings inside the bathroom which i persume must be more than 30 years.

Agoda charge the rate as 4 stars but the service and hotel condition rated most like 2 stars. I have travel and stay in hotels more than 5 times a year and this is the worst hotel I have ever stay . Will not consider this hotel again if we come back as there are many more hotels around the same area,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony8763
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel with mixed expectations and found its exterior run-down and nothing close to a top-class hotel. However, the room I stayed in was clean, and problems with the washroom as indicated in earlier reviews were not found. Service was prompt and the concierge service was professional and very friendly. Wifi connection in room was excellent.

There are however issues that some may found dissatisfying. The TV connection to CNN and other international channels could sometimes be down. The kettle took ages to get water boiled. The washroom sink and counter is placed so low that made it awkward for us when using it. Breakfast was mediocre for its price. Eating out (with all those exciting stalls and eateries in the streets and allies around) is definitely a better option.

Also note that facilities-wise rooms can vary from one another (ours is very different from the one next door and we paid the same rate).

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice in past 12 months and have booked the newly furnished Metro Room on both occasions. Much as room rate is relatively pricey, my hubby and I agreed that we will return to this hotel the next time when we are in Taipei, for the following reasons:

1) Room - the Metro rooms facing Taipei Station are bright, clean and sufficiently spacious. In the second leg of our recent trip (on our return from Taichung), we were given a room without the Taipei Station view and must say it didn't feel as great; so best stick to the ones facing the station.
2) Service - given I have booked the Metro room online, we were ushered to a room for a personalized and speedy check in and the reception would rush housekeeping to try get the rooms ready ahead of 3 pm check in time. When we were unable to access wifi on checking into the room without Station view, front office staff and IT engineer made 3 separate trips to validate, test and installed a new router in our room; it took awhile for the 1st response after I had lodge a complaint but I was impressed with the pleasant experience and effective resolution.
3) Accessibility - As confirmed by most reviews, the hotel is a great spot to access the MRT, Taiwan Rail and High Speed Rail. In other words, great accessibility to travel within Taipei ( without the need to make endless interchanges) and outside of Taipei.
4) Food - there is no shortage of eateries in the buildings around the hotel. For breakfast, try the huge selection of 早餐店 (breakfast shops) right behind the hotel; we especially like the special congee (招牌粥)from the stall that sells 面线 (vermicelli). For lunch and dinner, explore the streets around Shing Kong Mitsukoshi or venture a little further to the streets like 华阴街opposite the central bus station (客运) for interesting local fares. Alternately, there are many restaurants just below the hotel and at Taipei Station.

In a nutshell, I would highly recommend this hotel for those who are making free and easy trips within and around Taipei.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel in April, 2014 and I found that the hotel is almost the worst hotel ever that I have stayed at. I stayed at room 1110. During my stay, I found that the thickness of the drape was nearly see-through and there was no curtain shade underneath where the sunlight couldn’t be blocked during sunrise every morning which was about 6:30 AM! I filed a complaint in the first morning during my stay and a darker color drape was replaced (still no curtain shade) when I returned to the room in the evening, the situation is a little bit improved. As a 5 star rated hotel, I think the management should have the expertise to understand that considering all rooms are facing the same direction, they should know better that the amount of light coming through the windows and to know to place of a more suitable drape accordingly, this is what we call “think as the customers”.

In the bathroom, there is only a 2 ft wide fixed glass wall built above the about 4 ft bath tub, every time when I took a shower, water splashed everywhere outside of the tub, which caused a nearly flooded floor. I don't understand why a shower curtain or a sliding door can’t be considered to replace a 2 ft build glass wall as it will certainly avoid the flooded floor. There were stains on the wall of the bathroom. The rails of the metal towel rack above the bath tub is all rustic and no one cares to even replace a new one, I mean how much can a towel rack costs consider you call yourself a 5 start hotel. The rustic on the towel rack has really blown me off as I was unsure if the towels are cleaned or not.

The ceiling light inside the bathroom was so old and dirty with little black dirt inside the cover, the fitting of the lamp has been chipped and is seriously in need of an update. The rustic marks of the ceiling speaker inside the bathroom has never been removed from the first day it installed. It was so filthy! The bathroom mirror frame and sink unit were cracked and chipped and they are all molded around the edges. The molds and stains admittedly looked more like the effects of poor cleaning over time rather than anything else.

Disgusting, horrific and nasty are just a few words to describe this hotel. I doubt there are any standards that this hotel could measure up to 5 star rating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce234
Reviewed 1 May 2014

located at the major MRT junction, you can access to any where easily, airport bus station just 5 minutes walk , no need to rush for getting the flight for about 50 minutes bus traveling time, staff also friendly , always smiling on their face, room is clean any comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple