“Very nice!!”
Review of Via Hotel

Via Hotel
Ranked #50 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Another nice hotel I stayed in Taipei!

Located at the shopping alley from Starbucks in Ximending, it is just one street behind the famed A-Zong Mian Xian shop. Very convenient as there are many shops just downstairs - food, shopping, coffee, malls, cinema etc. Excellent location! Leave at exit 6 of Ximen Station and walk towards Starbucks, then turn right. Look out for the sign to the hotel's lift (somewhere between 2 clothes shop); reception is on the second floor.

There is a 24-hr pantry just in front of the reception - free food and drinks! There are some small packets of snacks, cup noodles, biscuits, coffee/tea, drinks and pastries/baos are placed on the table. A plus point! We could bring them back to enjoy in the room. But of course, do remember to bring the cups out to return.

The room isn't too spacious, but it is nicely decorated and cosy. Bed was large and comfy! We were given the room with bathtub and had a glass panel (with curtain) which could look into the TV of the room. There were lots of channels on the TV! Everything nice I read about this hotel was real! Glad to have selected this hotel during our trip this time round.

The only bad thing: some guests gathered with their travellers in the room next door and chatted and giggled loudly late into the night at 2am! It might be good if the hotel can remind other guests to be more considerate and keep their volume down when it is night time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Piggogo
There are newer reviews for Via Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having read the reviews in tripadvisor really helps. The hotel is not very conspicuous from the street as its lobby is located on the 2nd floor, and the ground floor is occupied by boutiques that sell clothes and bags. When you are coming from the main road, if you are on the right street, just look out for the sign VIA in between the signboards of the shops.
However, once we got up to the 2nd floor, everything was pleasant. The small lobby with cozy sofa, little dining table and snacks was our favourite place to loiter, in the morning for quick bites and evening time to fill the little tummies. We were there for a week, and stayed in the family room. It was big enough for 3 adults and 2 children. The hotel management had kindly accomodated our request by providing an additional bed, so that we didn't have to sleep separately. The bathtub was big and my children were delighted to have it. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is right in the centre of ximending. Going everywhere is convenient. Overall the hotel has made our trip to Taiwan a memorable and wonderful one.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with bathtub
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jmom09_10
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Look past the dingy appearance of the hotel building, once you step into the hotel lobby on the second floor, it is like heaven on earth, and a home away frm home. Location is of cos fantastic. Its snack bar just beside it's check in is also snack heaven for kids and kidults-- offering chips, pastries, candies, hot and cold beverages 24/7. The room was even better. We picked a room with a bathtub. Boy, was the bathtub big. We din try but it could definitely fit three grown persons comfortably. Bath salts were also thoughtfully provided.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Dawn T
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I visited VIA Hotel last week with my family and we had the wonderful stay experience. The staff of front desk is very kind and provided many useful information. The room is in well condition, not big but enough to us (a couple with 7yrs old boy). The bed is great and I like their room design.

Also I like the snake bar in 2F.

The hotel is at the good location of XiMenDing so very convenient to everywhere(shopping, subway, bus station)

The only thing I don't like is that the hotel is difficult to be booked for weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NickChen
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is situated near exit 6 of Ximending MRT. Turn right upon coming up the escalator exit 6 and walked past Eslite and KFC before you turned right upon seeing 7-11.

We stayed for 4 days at Via and booked the deluxe room with japanese bathtub. I love the japanese bathtub and did not experience the flooding which appears to be an issue for the smaller rooms. The room that we were allocated had no windows which was alright for us since we were mostly out. While the room was not huge, it was sufficient for us to move around with a suitcase and a backpack. I love the contemporary design of the room and the sealy bed was incredibly comfortable. There were minibar, room safe and room slippers provided. There was no wardrobe and only a few hangers with a full length mirror was provided. The bathroom does not provide adequate privacy with curtains built outside of the bathroom which may be an issue for friends staying together. We did not have any issues with the wifi.

The service staff were very helpful and polite. The map provided was excellent and the staff would gladly answer your queries. The hotel is very popular with Asian tourists and appears to be fully booked daily. The only gripe I have is the slightly inadequate sound proofing. Due to the close proximity of the rooms and families shouting across their rooms with doors opened, it can get pretty noisy at times. The housekeeping staff were also loud during their cleaning duties but I suppose it acts as a good wakeup call for us to explore taipei earlier.

I would not stay again mainly due to the location but would definitely recommend this hotel if
you wish to stay at Ximending.

Room Tip: Opt for higher level rooms further away from the lift.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ladylenn l
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Despite the fact that VIA hotel has a lot of positive sides about it, my partner and I thought the unprofessional and amateur staff could ruin the entire experience.

Positive
1.Location: Though hard to find, it's right in the center of everything if you are into young and vibrate life
2. Snack bar: 24/24 hrs bar serve some snacks and drinks.
3. Design: The details of the hotel are well done, I specially like the glass bathroom.
4. Bed: It's really comfortable, wow!

Negative
1. No window: being in such location, they have to compromise
2. Lighting: too dark
3. Staff: How do I even start? I feel like most of the staff lack of enthusiasm doing their jobs. Since it wasn't easy to be found, we phoned them asking for direction but I thought the staff was a bit impatient on the phone.
Furthermore, we asked about room rate for further stay. The staff got busy with other things but didn't even get back to us. We decided to let go. WIFI had some problem and the staff that came to help wasn't smiley.

It's really pity though because I really liked the bed, ha. And for the room rate, I will pick somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: get one with bath tub
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel location is awesome, just a short walk away from Ximen MRT exit 6. Just right around the corner of the hotel is a 7-11 (which can get really crowded at night especially on weekends) and a Starbucks next to the convenience store. I don't think the hotel is hard to find at all, even though the signage could probably be missed by those who don't have a clue what to look out for.

We stayed in a deluxe room with japanese styled bath, and the bath was awesome for soaking tired legs after walking for the entire day. The room is probably small for those who did a whole lot of shopping, but for my partner and I, the room size was adequate. We both had big luggages, but we still have room to move around.

Visitors from Singapore need not worry too much about bringing too many travel adapters, as Via hotel rooms have one power outlet (at the working table) which already acts as a travel adapter. You can just use any of our 3 pin or 2 pin power plug with it. However, the bedside power outlets will require a travel adapter.

The room is clean, and the fridge cools rather fast (considering electricity was cut off once you remove the room card from the electricity slot). The Sealy bed is awesome, and so was the bath (or did I mention this already?). Only four hangers were provided, and there were limited places to hang your clothes/towels. I've brought foldable travel hangers with me, so that isn't too much of a problem. Sound-proofing wasn't as bad as expected - I couldn't hear conversations from next room, but there was one night when an inconsiderate "neighbour" switched on their Chinese TV channel so loud that we could hear the entire TV programme from our room.

Although the hotel does not provide breakfast, you are welcome to stock up on the granola bars, biscuits, bread, and even instant cup noodles (they will have them out by 3pm in the afternoon everyday, and once they are gone for the day, they won't be refilled). They have a coffee machine which produces decent Americano, as well as a soft drink dispenser. All in all, I couldn't fault their pantry at all, considering its open 24 hrs and all's free for guests.

The hotel staff, from the reception to the cleaning ladies, are also always very helpful and approachable. Nothing is too troublesome for them. Bathroom amenities that were provided are: toothbrush, toothpaste, shower cap, razor and comb. Of course there's the obligatory shampoo and shower gel, as well as a packet of bath salt everyday (if you book the room with the japanese bath).

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are fine. They weren't particularly noisy even though it's close to the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple