“Love the location!”

Cosmos Hotel Taipei
Ranked #30 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was my first stay in Cosmos Hotel and I love it! Although our triple room was a little small to put our luggage and stuff, it was clean and comfortable. The TV channels were a little limited though.

Breakfast buffet on the 3rd level was quite good too, as they had a fair variety of Chinese and Western food as well as drinks.

Unfortunately my dad was down with food poisoning during the trip (we suspect he ate something wrong at one of the night markets), the restaurant staff was kind enough to let him take a few slices of bread and to return to our room to rest. Really appreciate their understanding.

The best thing about the hotel is it's well-located above Taipei Main Station! It's a convenient 3-minute walk from the MRT lines, and easy to navigate around Taipei.

Will definitely come back to this hotel for my stays in Taipei in future!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bee_T89
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Bee209,

Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our peaceful accommodations and the breakfast as well as the convenient location. Our goal is make every guest enjoyable and pleasant during their stay at the Cosmos Hotel. I am happy that we’ve possibly met your expectation.

I am sorry to hear that your father had a food poisoning during the trip. I hope that your father have recovered already. Also, thank you for giving a positive feedback to our restaurant staff.
It’s a great encouragement to the whole team.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Officer

Write a ReviewReviews (3,583)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at May 2013 and what I love about the hotel is it's location which located just beside Taipei Main Station (MRT+High speed train) as well as in the heart of Taipei. It was so convenient for travelers to take MRT and wish to go anywhere you want such as Shilin night market, Taipei Zoo and Ximending.

Upon reaching the hotel lobby, we were greeted by very friendly staffs and after check in straight away lead us to our hotel rooms. Bathroom is clean, though the room I stayed was facing to the next highrise, which mean I can't get any view of the city.

Breakfast at Jade restaurant was good but quite crowded and the food often finish fast and have to wait a plenty of time for them to refill.

Overall the stay was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evo J

Dear Evo J,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay at the Cosmos Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff.

Regarding the breakfast at Jade restaurant, I am deeply sorry for the issue you experienced. Your comments have been taken seriously and I have already passed it on to our management team in order to prevent such situations from occurring in the future

We highly value your feedback as it is what enables us to keep improving our services and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Cosmos Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we had stayed at Cosmos Hotel. 4 night stay.

One of the main reasons is because of the great location which is just few minutes walk to the Taipei Main Station.

Secondly, the staffs are helpful and friendly especially the front desk manager Peter. We have booked a superior room as before. Somehow, we feel the given new layout of the room that we were not used to. Peter who attended to us listened to our concerns and assist to change for room similar to what we had stayed before. Further, he fulfilled our request for a higher floor. We are really pleased with his services he has rendered to us.

We will choose Cosmos Hotel for next visit and highly recommend it to my friends. Small room but had a comfortable and pleasant stay. We hope that the hotel would able to provide a loyalty membership benefits like what other hotel chains do.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Tom Y,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful 5 star comment. I am pleased to hear that both our staff and our accommodations as well as our location met your expectations. Your enjoyment is always our number one priority. I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff.

Regarding the loyalty membership benefits, we are in the process of related benefits. Thank you for your suggestion. We truly value your review as opportunity for improvement. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Cosmos Hotel was the second hotel that my best friend and I stayed in during our trip to Taiwan! Though it was only a one night stay, I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the hotel.

Cosmos definitely had loads to be proud of! First off, it's FANTASTIC location! Cosmos is situated next to Taipei main station and it's only SHORT 3 mins walk there! Exit M3 is just located outside the hotel!

Secondly, the staff of the hotel were really friendly and eloquent! I really appreciate that they could speak really good English as I'm not someone who can speak or understand Mandarin that well! They were fast in their services and made you felt welcomed as soon as you stepped into the hotel lobby! The hotel lobby had a really posh ambiance to it making it feel very business like and professional! Check in was a breeze! The rooms of the hotel were spacious, clean and comfortable! The toilet had it's own automatic wash :D!!!

Lastly, we had the pleasure of enjoying a wonderful buffet spread at the Jade restaurant! They had a wide variety of food which catered to all internationals! Good quality and good variety is the word to describe the buffet! Definitely not a waste if you are planning to get your meal there!

Overall I have to say that I really liked Cosmos Hotel and I had a really pleasant stay! It's definitely for travelers whose main goal is convenience and comfort!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rebekah O
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear rebekahong83,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you have a fantastic experience with us here at the Cosmos Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoy the location, the comfort of the room, the delicious breakfast buffet as well as the friendly service. Our goal is make every guest joyful and pleasant during their stay at the Cosmos Hotel. It seems that we have met or possibly exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your positive feedback and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just outside exit M3 at Taipei main station, great access to transportation everywhere. They are quite strict abt the 3pm checkin timing but you can leave your luggage as you walk around the area. I took a superior room for 2 but they upgraded me to a bigger room that has a double bed and a single bed, so it was nice. The walls are a bit thin though and each morning you can hear the cleaning ladies chatting outside as they clean the other rooms.
The door boys are one of the most helpful ones I've encountered; you walk towards the counter and a few of them would rush towards you wanting to help :-)
I've stayed at NiHao in the next building and also at the Caeser Park down the road and would say Cosmos is a nice mid range hotel if you can afford a bit more than budget like Nihao while not willing to pay for the likes of the Caeser.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank zenani
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear valued zenani,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Cosmos Hotel. We are happy to hear that you were impressed with the hotel as well as our great location right on the Taipei main station and our friendly and helpful staff. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.

Also, We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping concerns you expressed, and will be sharing your comments with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure these shortcomings are addressed and never repeated in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we do hope that you reconsider choosing to stay with us again on your next visit to Taipei. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is, wife n I, our first trip to Taipei. We chose this hotel after searching the net for many weeks and we have no regrets. My review will be almost the same as those good reviews that you will read or have read. We have to thank Mr Allen Chang, EA Manager Public Affairs, for making our stay even memorable. If we do come to Taipei, Cosmos will be our choice of stay.

Room Tip: If you need a room with window, you will need pay a bit more.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chong T
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Chong T,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences. We are happy to read you enjoyed your visit and that you found comfort during your stay. We are glad that we have met or possibly exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your positive review with Mr . Allen Chang and all of the staff.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a positive feedback. We certainly hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked a king-bed room without window. I think it's ok since we won't open the windows or watch the view. Terribly , when we entered the room, it was really small. Besides the bed, no place to walk and then it's the bathroom. The air-con cannot be adjusted and it just stands in the middle of the ceiling. That means, you will be cool unless you sit under there. The other place in the room is very hot since no circulation. It said have free wi-fi, however, can't be assess for the whole night, even when I was in the restaurant on 3rd floor.
I heard for its name and think it will be a standard hotel. But the fact is that the boss wants to gain more money so it cut the rooms into smaller pieces. I will never be there again.

Room Tip: Never choose rooms without windows
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Minahui
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Minahui,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a comment. We sincerely apologize of your discomfortable stay. All of our room descriptions are accorded to our official website. We are sorry that the descriptions haven’t met your expectations.

As to the air-con, thank you for your opinions, we’ll reflect your suggestions to our management team. Your comment is very important to us and it will be reviewed by the management team.

Regarding the wireless connection, we are in the process of installing the improved system to help ensure everyone gets excellent connections from anywhere at our hotel in the near future.

Once again, We are sorry that we disappointed you during your stay. We are taking your concerns very seriously, and will review them with our staff. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cosmos Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can answer any questions or be of service in any way. If you have any questions or concerns, I would welcome your call or email at +886-975-909-375 or gro.cosmos@cosmos-hotel.com.tw