“Great place for a first-time visitor to Taipei”

Cosmos Hotel Taipei
Ranked #35 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days. As all the reviews attest, Cosmos Hotel is an excellent base to explore Taipei - especially for a first-time visitor - because of its proximity to the Taipei Main Train Station, Taipei Main MRT station (Exits M3 and M7) and Taipei Main bus terminal (Kuo-Kuang bus 1819 to the airport stops across the road).

My friend and I were upgraded to a larger room (two queen beds) for free. Also, if you're the kind who dislikes hotel buffet breakfasts (like me), there's a small eatery that sells great toast and tea at around NT$25. Just turn right once you exit the hotel.

Considering the unpredictable Taipei weather, the daily handwritten weather reports at our elevator lobby were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north/east side face a wall, and have windows that can't open. So choose any side o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Yap-X,

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation of our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our location as well as the daily weather forecast were exactly what you needed. Our main objective is to create wonderful memories for our guests. It seems that we probably met your expectations. It's feedback such as yours that motivate our staff to continuously strive for excellent service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a positive feedback. We certainly hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located next to the Taipei Main Station Exit M3. From the station, we could go to almost all the places of interest by public transport I.e. Public buses, the MRT, railway trains and High Speed Rail. It is very convenient. The buffet breakfast had a wide spread food from porridge, noodles to toast, cereal etc. The waitresses were very friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear tanjongkatong,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed our superb location and the diverse breakfast and we thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

We will continue to add new style of food in order to satisfy the needs of customers. It is also wonderful to hear about the incredible service that you received from our team members. That is exactly our promise to the guests, from service to amenities and product. It is our pleasure to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were there for about 8 days in the last two weeks of December. Overall it is good. We like it because the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location is very good since it is very near to Taipei Main Station.

However, the room is too small. There is hardly any space to put 2 luggage or more. The walls are also way too thin. We can hear conversations, door opening and closing sounds, running footsteps, and even the slamming sounds of toilet seat clearly. Furthermore the room is quite dusty, and you can see a thick layer of dust under the beds. There is also no heater function available in the air-con unit (cos they said it is a centralized unit), so it could get pretty cold at night given that it was a cold and wet season during December.

There is one incident I have to highlight though. When we were not happy with our first room, we asked for a change and they immediately obliged, which was a good thing. When the bell hop showed us the alternative room, we were puzzled when we saw the bell hop pressing the door bell and knocking on the door before we entered the room. When I asked the bell hop why he did that, he said it is a cultural thing that Taiwanese do. I said there is no need to knock or press bell if no one is there, unless you-know-what is "occupying" the room. He explained it is nothing of the sort, it is just a habitual thing they do, and in case there are some hotel guests inside. However I am not convinced. I find the act rather disturbing.

Room Tip: There are bigger rooms available apparently.The first room we are given was bigger but the view is n...
1  Thank Claire C
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Claire C,

Thank you for your recent visit and sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room and the procedure of changing room.

First of all, I am thrilled to read your praises of the friendly staff and the superb location as they are our greatest asset and we strive to provide warm, attentive service to all our guests. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home and like they are part of the Cosmos Hotel family

However, I am disappointed to read that you were inconvenienced by the room size and soundproof. All of our room descriptions are accorded to our official website. I are sorry that the descriptions haven’t met your expectations. As for the soundproof, sorry to make you inconvenience and also thank you for informing us of this issue so that we have opportunity to improve it. This issue already was put in our future’s renovation plan.

As for the incident during the changing room, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, I can assure you that this is not our S.O.P and I have immediately reviewed this point with the teams involved to prevent this issue from happening again.

We highly value guest’s feedback as it is what enables us to keep improving our service and amenities. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Cosmos Hotel during your next trip to Taipei. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at +886-975-909-375 or gro.cosmos@cosmos-hotel.com.tw and I would be happy to personally take care of any future reservations.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Cosmos Hotel is located right within the transportation hub of Taipei, having good access to the metro station, HSR and train station. If you have lots of luggage, you will love this hotel as you can practically hop from one mode of transport to another without crossing any road. It's all interlinked by underground passages, serviced by escalators (only one small flight of stairs, if I remember correctly) and covered (no worries about rain). Lazy to travel far out? No worries. The hotel is interlinked with several shopping malls (Station Front Metro Mall, Taipei City Mall, K Underground Mall...just to name a few).

Service at the hotel is top notch. Everyone (and I mean everyone, not just the reception desk) greets you with a smile and makes you feel welcomed.

The room we had (Family Quad) was spacious, clean and comfortable. Despite being in the centre of things, the room was quiet and we had quality sleep.

I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows, so ask beforehand!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear msnakim,

Thank you for posting your review. I am happy to read that you were able to enjoy our downtown location. Our location as you mentioned is extremely convenient with easy access to all of the shopping mall and sightseeing. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our service and the comfortable room. That is exactly our promise to the guests, from service to amenities and product. It is our pleasure to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable. I will also be sure to share your positive feedback regarding our staff members with the rest of our team.

We can’t wait serving you again on your next trip to Taipei.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Like many reviews by other contributors, my stay in Cosmos has been good. The service staff was exceptional as they did not fail to smile and greet me and my family. The counter staffs (yes a few of them) even when to my aid when I queried on the location for a good nearby cobbler as my daughter shoe needed some repair work. Kudos to them for the good service provided!
The rooms and breakfast was as predicted. Clean and comfortable. The food range was reasonably good and what I like in particular was their choice of drinks (i.e. yogurt) and chinese bun. Taste was so-so for the rest but this is definitely all right for the not-so fussy.
The location could not be any better as it is right beside the Taipei Main Train Station with many eateries within walking distance. A definite choice especially if you wanted convenience when travelling to all parts of Taipei.

Dear Desmond H,

Thank you for taking the time to share the comment with us regarding your recent stay. We're very delighted that you left us with such positive impression of your stay. Thanks for the praise of the team and location as well as the comfortable room and diverse breakfast. Our goal is to make every guest feel enjoyable and joyful. I am pleased that we met your expectation. Your comment will motivate our staff to continuously strive for excellent service.

Our staff always strives to welcome all our guests and show our appreciation. We sincerely appreciate you choosing the Cosmos Hotel and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay in Cosmos and came with my family this time round. We booked a family room and it was more spacious than I expected. I requested and was given room located at one corner of high floor, so it was pleasant and quiet.

Breakfast was good but can get very crowded after 830am and you might be asked to dine with other guests on a big round table.

The hotel is very accessible (Exit M3 from taipei main station) to the transportation and shopping hub and would recommend to families with young children.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear skyebread,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post your review. I am thrilled that our superb location and the comfortable room met your expectation. There is no doubt that our location is a wonderful benefit for our guests and I am very glad that you were able to see much of Taipei during your stay.

I would like to apology for the inconvenience caused regarding the breakfast. Also, thank you for your comment so that we have the opportunity to improve this issue. Your comment will be taken seriously by our management team. Guest’s feedback is extremely important to us as we constantly strive to offer our valued guests the excellent service.

We look forward to giving you a new memorable experience next time and also hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed in Cosmos hotel 7 nights in early Dec. The hotel is very conveniently situated very near the Taipei Metro station. The M3 entrance to the Metro station is less than 2 min walk from hotel without the need to cross any roads. As the Taipei Metro station is linked to the Taipei High speed railway station and the Taipei Train station, the hotel's close proximity to the station thus gives easy access to the 3 types of transport systems - metro, high speed railway (HSR) and normal railway (TRA). Not only that, the few underground shopping streets linked to the Taipei Metro station meant that shopping and dining is very convenient. Although there is no shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, a short 50min - 1h bus ride on bus no. 1819 will bring you to the bus stop outside Taipei Train station from where the hotel is easily visible and within walking distance. Besides the good location, the hotel is very well furbished despite being one of the older hotels in the area. The rooms are very spacious, even for the triple sharing that my family booked, and the staff are friendly. All the modern facilities such as TV (that has a very wide range of channels), safe and wifi were available in the room. The WIFI is sometimes unstable, but I have encountered worse connectivity problems in other hotels, so I find Cosmos' WIFI still satisfactory. Lastly, our booking also included daily breakfast buffet that has quite a good spread (mainly Western, Chinese and Japanese dishes) and generally delicious. We particularly liked the porridge . To conclude, for the location, facilities and service, this hotel is definitely a good one to book. If I should visit Taipei again, I will book this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CosmosGuestRelations, 業者 at Cosmos Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear LeeZhiying,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you liked the location and overall feel of our hotel. That is exactly our promise to the guests, from service to amenities and product.

Thank you for listing all of the amazing nearby locations—we hope it helps future travelers who may not know the city quite as well. The limousine service from hotel to airport is provided. You could book it at tour counter. Regarding the WIFI’s connection, you could borrow the router which can make the signal stronger at reception. We are also delighted that our breakfast and staff service met your expectation

Once again, We appreciate you writing such a great review and sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you again when you return to Taipei.