“Small hôtel with great location small dirty room bad smell broken ac ..,,”
Review of Paradise Hotel

Paradise Hotel
Ranked #469 of 583 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I ve booked a package throught Travel expert.

I was so angry and dissapointed by The hotel.

My room wasn t ready at 2 pm. There was nobody in The same floor than us. All The trash were standing in The front of our room hich is close to The elevator.

The bathroom is very old and not very tidy. The package was pretty expansive. The room Look More than a hostel room than an hotel room.

I Will not recommand this hotel.
I am More angry against travel expert hk than The hotel !!

• Stayed: November 2010
5  Thank Little_asoy

Reviewed 13 October 2010

Me together with my family and friends was staying in this hotel in the first night. The staff is friendly but the room is abit small. They have internet wifi only at the lobby can be connected. The location of this hotel was good as it was within walking distance to Ximending.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Des0405
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We were on a tour and this was one of the hotels allocated to us for the first two nights.

The whole building was old, and the elevators were pretty slow. The room allocated to us was small and it smelled funny, in fact it was the whole level that smelled funny. Staff were unenthusiastic, seems like they were just doing their job without passion and to me they're just like robots.

A dated hotel but with a pretty good location as it was near Ximending for shopping.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iamjong
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We went on a tour and the tour guide picked this hotel for us.

We checked in around 10 PM upon our arrival. The first thing we noticed was that our room smelled really, really bad. It smelled like sewer and we complained to the front desk.

A manager showed up with a bottle of Windex or some kind of cleaner and proceed to spray the carpet. I stopped him and simply said that we would not stay in this room. He asked us how long we were staying. When I said that we would be staying for 3 nights, but not in this room, he moved us to another room that didn't stink. No apology, no nothing.

In general, the WHOLE floor smelled bad and it was worse in my room.
The ceiling was low. I'm 5'8 and I think I just have a few inches to spare before my head hits many of the water pipes above my head. I think this might be the source of the smell as one the pipes could have leaked on the carpet.

The free breakfast was average and it was mostly Chinese breakfast dishes.
Internet is free downstairs at the lobby.

The only convenient thing is that it's just a few blocks from the XiMenDing night market.

Would I stay there again? No way.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank IanNoone
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The staff there is very friendly and nice. But I wasn't happy about the room I was allocated. The room is small that I have to put my big bag on the bed.

Furthermore, when I first reached there, after checking-in, I realsied that my phone was out of order. When I requested it to be fixed, they sent staff to check on the phone but the staff cannot manage to fix the phone. Thus I have to use the phone in the hall which is very inconvenient to me.

It also took them one day to clarify with my travel agent as to "whehter I'm entilted to free breakfast". Not a happy exprerience with them, to be honest with you.

Apart from that, there is nothing I can complaint. Good thing about them is that the location is fantastic. Close to restaurant, shopping mall, MRT (XiMen Station) and the hotel has very friendly staff (although I had bad exprerience with them).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Can't comment on value, as didn't know the price, but the bath had strange burn marks on it, the taps in the bathroom leaked, (both the bath and basin taps). Water from the tap in the bath came out slightly brown. The fridge has no minibar, the aircon smells a bit funny, and has no thermostat. There are only two spare electrical sockets in the bedroom. one of the bulbs had blown in the lights over the desk. The room is dingy, and the decor throughout the hotel has seen better days.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank taipeistayer
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Stayed here as part of our tour itinerary. Note sure how much it would cost per night since the accommodation was already included as part of the tour. The hotel is pretty old, the room we stayed was small in size and bit dim, but at least there was a small window in our room. The room itself was ok, not especially clean or dirty. The breakfast was so-so, not much of a variety and food wasn’t good. But the location of this hotel is fine as it is in Ximending area which is good for shopping. It is also close to the MRT station (Ximen) which took us about 10mins walk there, with lots of shops on the way! I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but hey if you have a small budget and looking for a hotel in Ximending area for a short stay, why not?

• Stayed: March 2010