“Good location; Clean room; Helpful and friendly staff.”
Review of Sunroute Hotel

Sunroute Hotel
Ranked #102 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked this hotel literally last minute (on the day before I arrived). At first I wasn't sure how convenient or inconvenient its location might be. I relied on the map and the reviews I have read. The hotel is indeed footsteps away from the MRT (Taipei's underground train network) station (Min-Chuan Xi Road Station), and this station is particularly convenient because it is an interchange station for two major MRT lines. To get from the hotel to the main city walking area (such as Ximen and Taipei Train Station), I only had to take the train for 4 and 5 MRT stops and then I'm right there. The location is superb.

The room itself is a pleasant surprise. The room is compact and is definitely in Japanese style, but the layout is very efficient. The bathroom is another surprise as it is very clean and also very efficient. I was particularly impressed by the Japanese-style toilet (as I didn't expect to see it in a Taipei hotel although they are very common in Japan). Clean and simple - that's all I needed.

The staff is also very helpful. They were able to give me some simple directions and also simple suggestions for site seeing. I didn't need a lot of help because the hotel is literally 5-8 minutes walk from the MRT station.

Highly recommended and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank eddiechan123
There are newer reviews for Sunroute Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked this as our flight was departing New York to Japan. I was a bit concerned as most of the hotels we were finding were $150 USD and up. So we booked 3 rooms for just 1 night just in-case the place was a dump. Well it was not! The rooms were small but very efficient, clean, and modern. The bathroom was small too but not to a detriment. The shower was great! Very hot water and great pressure.

The subway, MRT, is just 1 block away and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this to all of you looking for an inexpensive ($84 USD) hotel convenient to everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a Japanese franchised hotel and it looks like exactly the same as the one in Japan that I had stayed at before. I like this business hotel as it is a clean and efficient Japanese run hotel. Most of the staff speaks intermediate English and Japanese. Cost is usually $100 USD per night, which I think is quite reasonable considering the location and cleanliness. This hotel is located in a convenient place in the old area of Taipei and MRT and public transportation like city bus is close to the hotel. You can also take a bus to the airport from the bus stop right in front of the hotel. There is Starbucks and some other cafeterias nearby for your relaxing coffee time and also Japanese restaurant Otoya on the basement. I had lunch with my Taiwanese friends there - authentic Japanese food definitely. Overall, I think I made a right choice selecting this hotel for my short personal trip in Taipei. If you are looking for a place that is clean with good hospitality, this hotel is a good place to consider staying at.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

It took me a while to finally pick a hotel to stay in taipei because i was so unfamiliar with the areas so it was really a relief to find that this hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a double room with my bf and the size was just fine. I think the semi double might be a squeeze and if you've been to a japans hotel you'd know what i mean. But all that aside what's more important for me was the cleanliness and this place was extremely spotless. The shower was also strong and hot just the way I like it. Another plus is the location. You can take the kuo kuang bus #1841 straight to and from the airport to the hotel at only 83 NTD and it takes only about an hour. The metro is also an easy walk about 5 mins away with a lot of cafes restaurants and shops along the way. Taipei main station is just 3 stops away. While yongkang st which has a lot of great restaurants like the original din tai fung and kaochi for some xiao long bao is just 5 mrt stops away on the yellow line at dongmen station. I definitely wouldn't mind staying here again. Staff were also pretty friendly. A lot of japns guests stay here since this is a japns hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kanitha K
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, as an individual.

Room is compact, cosy enough to fit a couple of two. Toilet only able to fit one person at a time, as its quite tiny (and of a material akin to those you find in airplane toilets). I'm particular about water pressure, and this was great.

Staff don't really speak English, though they are proficient in Japanese (since this is a hotel primarily for jap tourists). Also thought they could have been more pro-active about sharing more about tourist attractions, what there was in the neighborhood, etc.

I thought the location was very good. Lots of cafes and eateries nearby, as well as convenience stores. Also a couple of banks so you can change money if you are running low. 5-10 min walk from the metro station (minquan road west if I'm not wrong) along which two metro lines run.

Overall, pretty good value for $$. Would recommend if all you want is a clean and comfy bed to sleep in at the end of the day.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This hotel is small but clean and with friendly staff.
Pros
value for money with internet connection
clean and bright rooms
great toilet bowl
friendly staff that can speak a little english at least better than other budget hotels.
linens are crisp and white
Shower and Aircon can be regulated and operates well.
Secured

Cons
hard mattress bed
very small room
No safety box inside the room
Poor sound proofing

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank spytime2004
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is a cute hotel. Good for business traveler and budget tourist needing a short place to stay. This hotel targets japanese market. The rooms are really small. I think it's only good for 1 person. It may be too cramped to fit in 2 people in a room. The staffs are friendly and can speak a little english at least compared to other budget hotels. The best part if their toilet. Whether hotel public toilets or in your room they have the automatic bowls :D
Cons:
Mattress of the bed is hard but linens are crisp and clean.
Pillows are comfortable at least.
Breakfast is the same japanesse food everyday and you can't order anything until 10am.

Room Tip: Limit your stuff in the room it will cramp your room space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business