“Convenient Location”
Review of Rich Garden Hotel

Rich Garden Hotel
Ranked #165 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. The location was great, located right next to the station and busy streets where you'd find most of the must try foods in Taipei. The rooms were comfy and clean, except the furniture could be a bit more modern. Room provided hair dryer, slippers, toothbrush, etc. Many boutique hotels in Taipei don't have windows, but this one does. I'd recommend this place for people visiting taipei for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 February 2014

1. 5 minute walking distance from Xi men Station

2. Stayed at various hotel in Taiwan, they offer the nicest breakfast with plate warmer

3. Staff are courteous and friendly

4. Rooms are clean and comfortable

5. The Bed and pillow makes you wanna slog in the bed whole day

What else could you ask for in a hotel ?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wenbin84
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed 2 night and couldn't have been happier. The price, cleanliness, location and staff were all very good. Breakfast included was OK not super but OK. We will definitely stay here again when in Taipei. Rooms are a little on the small size but doable for a few nights. Compared to other budget hotels we have stayed in this hotel ranks up there with the best. Highly recommend. Location is 2 blocks from major shopping and 7 usd takes you to the the night markets and most anywhere else the tourist places are. Lots of places to eat in walking distance and no where were we concerned about our safety in proximity to hotel. Remember this is a budget hotel and you will be very impressed.

Room Tip: Of course a triple room has more space than a single. To upgrade it is very reasonable so you may...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernie B
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at the Rich Garden Hotel in Jan 2014. Overall, this is a perfectly located hotel - about 2 blocks to the Ximending MTR station which is right in the middle of Taipei. You can easily walk there and check out the "Times Square" of Taipei. The rooms are very nice, a little on the small side, but this is how the hotels in Taipei are. When we arrived we were given a room without a window and when I asked to be moved, they quickly and very happily obliged and moved us to a nicer room on the outside. Even on a very busy road, the rooms were quiet and well insulated.
The staff speaks very good english, and is very friendly and warm. The breakfast that came with the room was great - a nice selection of Taiwanese food and some western food as well. Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there when we come back to Taipei.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you want a window. It can be very difficult to adjust to the time differe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I read many hotel reviews before I left, and finally decided on the Rich Garden Hotel. The only negative I had read about this hotel was the breakfast. I am going to start my review there. My two traveling companions and I, could not have been happier with the breakfast. When you enter, the two friendliest women greet you with smiles and good mornings! I am an English speaking female from Canada, and I felt there was enough Western food available. I also didn't come to Taipei to eat Western food. The Taiwan food was plentiful and wonderfully presented. Lots of variety, lots of vegetables, meat dishes, juice, coffee, fruit, etc. None of us could understand how anyone could complain.
The hotel room itself had all the amenities one could want. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is comfortable and clean. They offer free wi-fi, free laundry and the above mentioned, free breakfast.Good water pressure and bathroom amenities. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help you out with any problem that may arise. We also found our rooms to be quiet with no disturbances from other rooms.Because I can only speak English, I communicated with Steven, who works at the front desk. He was very nice, and was able to help me out with some tickets I wanted to purchase.
The area that the hotel is in is about one block away from street shopping and the MRT.
If I was to return to Taipei, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sunwor
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Another hotel needing a makeover! Dated looking inside, but clean and well-run. Nice friendly helpful staff. The bath has a curious double level in it which is awkward unless you notice it!
Short walk from Ximen MRT. Easy access to food places in the neighbourhood although there's not an immediately close convenience store.
No breakfast.
Wifi in the room good.
Laundry (free) available.

Room Tip: It's on a major road, and on a corner. aim for a room round on the side street to avoid the main...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We tried to search the hotel which located in the good location, clean and include the breakfast. Finally we got this hotel. Even if this hotel is established in 2005, it is good in maintenance and clean. All facilities are provided.

Location : this hotel is located around 10 minutes walk from the Ximen MRT station. Once you get of from the Exit 1, pls. turn one's back toward, you will see the other road. And just go straight on that road. you will see the hotel at the corner (the big letters "RG" is easily seen)

The staffs have good command in English and service mind. The food (western style) is very good, even if we stay there for 3 nights, the food are changed every day. I love it.

The hotel can book the airport shuttle bus to pick up us at the airport but you have to pay 200 TWD/person. I am not sure whether or not / how you can get on that bus by your self without the booking by the hotel's staff. Because you have to change to the other bus and the driver will ask you if you have the ticket yet. If not you have to pay just only 120-130 TWD. Traveling by bus, it takes around 1.5 hr. (including the waiting time).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family